Australian shows: official dates to be announced soon (LN Aus)

San

i expect her to keep her word this time regarding Asia and Australia... even with the impending South America dates.... there is no rule that once she does South America, she will never do AustralAsia

i expect her to keep her word this time regarding Asia and Australia... even with the impending South America dates.... there is no rule that once she does South America, she will never do AustralAsia

People have said that on her last tours. Plus wouldn't she be somewhere else in feb?

Considering tickets sales are much slower than normal in her main markets (that she's probably saturated for a while)... skipping markets like Asia and Australia that probably have incredible demand and huge money making potential, especially this time around, wouldn't make any sense. Sure, Mexico/Latin America seems like easy money, but if they really wanted to salvage the mess of the commercial side of things this era...tapping into Asia/Aus NOW would seem like common sense...

South AMerica for january, Asia/australia for February onwards is what i think will hopefully happen. FINGERSCROSSED!

The five dates re-scheduled is from Jan 20-30 already... it's highly unlikely she'll do South America before that... is she going to stick around for the Grammys 2016?

Guest bluejean

Well if you look at the length of the tour so far they are a few months off matching MDNA in tour length which makes me think they can do South america in Feb then follow with Australia.

Or maybe it's possible to do Australia in early January?

With the rescheduled dates it would appear that she will tour South America in February. If Australia goes ahead it might be in March. I can't believe we're back to Australia potentially being canned again.

This is such a mess. From my perspective LN and Guy O. look more and more like hedge fund managers who only care about money at the expense of everything and everyone involved. Even Madonna. I wonder what will be left once this era is over. Burned soil?

I am not defending them, but Madonna IS a business in their eyes. They didn't sign contracts to support her like a charity. That said, I think it's bad business mojo to do shit like this to fans. Five shows (at the beginning no less) moved back? There better be some unheard of technology on that stage come September to justify it.

Why do they think ticket sales aren't on fire like the times before? I think they are poisoning the well for her as a touring performer in the future. Sure, she will still make millions with or without the five shows - but next time will anyone want to book hotels and flights for the tour opener? Not me. In fact, I'd be nervous to drop a large sum of money on any M show that I have to travel a healthy distance to.

Her year isn't going so well.

Guest bluejean

They never confirmed Australia and for that reason alone they can drop the idea whenever they want.

They never confirmed Australia and for that reason alone they can drop the idea whenever they want.

Madonna confirmed Australia herself, in her own words to Richard Wilkins. She also confirmed Japan on the same day. So no they can't drop the idea without another backlash. The next tour should be a Girlie Show type trek where they just play select US and European markets and focus on tapping into markets that haven't been saturated. I don't think they even considered the possibility of US dates selling as slowly as they are hence the postponements. It's changed everything now. Bear in mind, every single time she tours the media sprouts bullshit about the tour not selling out and look what happens every time, she breaks records. Tho I do wish LN and Guy O weren't so fucking greedy, it's really starting to tarnish her image and career commercially speaking.

They should communicate more honestly, there is plenty of time at this stage to throw extra resources at whatever is causing the delay...there must be another reason for the delay. Not much hope for Australia/Asia now

Madonna doesn't care about backlash

If she doesn't want to come here, she wont… simple

Like last time, nothing is confirmed until tickets are on sale, and even then she could cancel.

All her management have to say is she has throat issues, a promoter favourite for cancelling shows...

I'll go to one of her shows if she comes but the long wait for confirmations, rumours of super expensive tickets and todays hot mess in the US don't make me very optimistic.

Australia has not been cancelled from the Rebel Heart Tour plans....yet. We are still playing the painful waiting game and I expect we will know by the end of June if she's coming or not

She said it herself on Australian TV and it was included in the official press release in March too.

given the rumoured Aus dates were Feb and the rescheduled dates are Jan, I don't see why they wouldn't go ahead

Guest bluejean

My point was that she has said many times in interviews that she's going to Australia and then hasn't. MDNA Tour mentioned Australia in the official press release too. She's broken so many promises to Australia now it's actually outrageous and these last few times she/they would have been wise to not mention it until it was actually happening.

I really hope it happens but I am not holding my breath.

The above is true - M has had intentions to tour Australia and this has been happening since 1985. The Virgin Tour second leg was to include Australia, WTG negotiations failed, Blond Ambition too, The Girlie Show worked out mostly due to the USA backlash, DWT was to open in Australia and these plans failed but we still got the Music 2CD Australian Tour edition in stores as they were already printed....it goes on and on and on

The Australian backlash gets worse each time and if the Rebel Heart tour doesn't come to Australia it will be all over social media with ageist comments and "Madonna hates Australia" comments etc.

Hoping it works out so she can reconnect with her Aussie fan base

The official rule is that anyone travelling from a country that Madonna is already scheduled to visit on this tour has to ensure that all Australians have a better ticket than they do to any Australian shows - it's the fair and honourable thing to do :stir: The exception is those who haven't already seen the show (for whatever reason). I adore everyone at MN, but boy I'll be stroppy if someone travelling from overseas who has already seen the show manages to score a better ticket than any of us do here (especially since it's going to be an absolute nightmare to get decent tickets, given it's almost a definite that it will be all allocated seating). :cries: I could also add that those of us who are lucky enough to travel overseas to see earlier shows should also be exempt (i.e. you're allowed to get better tickets than us!), but does anyone really want to tell Matt that after waiting for 22 years to see Madonna live again, he doesn't deserve to be right up the front, just because he bit the bullet, spent a fortune and saw a few shows in Europe? :) Ditto for Carly (if she ends up being able to make it to Miami in January).

With The Virgin Tour, Madonna was supposed to come to Australia before she even toured the US, but when she exploded over there, they realised very quickly that they had to tour her home country before they took her overseas.

The official rule is that anyone travelling from a country that Madonna is already scheduled to visit on this tour has to ensure that all Australians have a better ticket than they do to any Australian shows - it's the fair and honourable thing to do :stir: The exception is those who haven't already seen the show (for whatever reason). I adore everyone at MN, but boy I'll be stroppy if someone travelling from overseas who has already seen the show manages to score a better ticket than any of us do here (especially since it's going to be an absolute nightmare to get decent tickets, given it's almost a definite that it will be all allocated seating). :cries: I could also add that those of us who are lucky enough to travel overseas to see earlier shows should also be exempt (i.e. you're allowed to get better tickets than us!), but does anyone really want to tell Matt that after waiting for 22 years to see Madonna live again, he doesn't deserve to be right up the front, just because he bit the bullet, spent a fortune and saw a few shows in Europe? :) Ditto for Carly (if she ends up being able to make it to Miami in January).

With The Virgin Tour, Madonna was supposed to come to Australia before she even toured the US, but when she exploded over there, they realised very quickly that they had to tour her home country before they took her overseas.

so true :thumbsup:

I want to go to Australia too, its been a long time coming!

Guest bluejean

Matt, I didn't know that was the reason the Music tour edition was printed. Interesting info.

Also interesting Carta to know that she was going to start The Virgin Tour there.

I think Madonna has always wanted to do Australia from the start. She had a great friendship with Molly Meldrum from the very beginning and Australia was where she had her first hit largely due to him getting behind her.

I honestly believe the main reason she's skipped Australia so many times is because she doesn't really like doing extensive tours like most artists. Prior to Sticky none of her tours lasted more than 3-4 months. Australia is far away and most artists tour their last because of that. Most artists do year long or more tours though.