Australian shows: official dates to be announced soon (LN Aus)

San

I used to be a member of Icon but they messed up when my card's expiry date expired. Instead of using the new expiry date, they just dropped me. So annoying. Now, I am not a member of anything to do with Icon.

I used to be a member of Icon but they messed up when my card's expiry date expired. Instead of using the new expiry date, they just dropped me. So annoying. Now, I am not a member of anything to do with Icon.

I think that's the Icon thing now (don't really know wtf Icon is tbh). I'm on the standard free membership so I have to wait an hour before I get access to the members' pre-sale when it happens. That's if it's the same process as with the UK and US tour sale.

I know! I hope I don't accidentally delete the real thing when it comes thinking it's spam :lol:

I only notice them DAYS after I received them because Gmail puts shit like that under some irrelevant tab that I hardly check. So I was also like OH GREAT, I've probably missed out on whatever advantage it gave me. :lol:

in my excitement of buying my madonna ticket for miami i forgot about exchange rates.

i was horrified when i saw my credit card yesterday :dead:

I think that's the Icon thing now (don't really know wtf Icon is tbh). I'm on the standard free membership so I have to wait an hour before I get access to the members' pre-sale when it happens. That's if it's the same process as with the UK and US tour sale.

and in Spain...I guess is like that everywhere

in my excitement of buying my madonna ticket for miami i forgot about exchange rates.

i was horrified when i saw my credit card yesterday :dead:

What did it come to? I remember floor seats (and anything in the lower tiers) were around $AUD530 for Confessions in 2006. I remember thinking that no one would pay that much for her if she came to Australia! I still dread to think how much they're going to charge here this time around...it will probably make the 2006 rates look cheap....! :ohmy:

I'm a member too but don't think too many Aussies are though but I'm more worried that they will only offer us crap seats.

They usually have great seats available for Icon. The whole second row for Confessions at Madison Square Garden was full of Iconers (I was one seat away from the catwalk, right where it joined the main stage). Others got second row in front of the catwalk stage and someone else got right in front of the side stage where she performed LAV.

I'd say we'll definitely have a pre-sale. I'm terrified about the whole process, though....it's going to be a nightmare...!

What did it come to? I remember floor seats (and anything in the lower tiers) were around $AUD530 for Confessions in 2006. I remember thinking that no one would pay that much for her if she came to Australia! I still dread to think how much they're going to charge here this time around...it will probably make the 2006 rates look cheap....! :ohmy:

it came to $520 for lower level

she has to announce the dates really soon. get those "sold out in 2 minutes" headlines everywhere (because that should happen, lets be honest)

in fact, i think she could get a "madonna sold 200,000 tickets in one day" headlines and that could be amazing and give her some amazing impact with sales as well. are the stadiums big in australia? i feel like it would be better to tour arenas but then the prices could be crazy again and she may not sell as much as they hope for. guy oseary better not fucking screw this up again.

so maybe stadiums would be better actually but then they have to make sure the sound is good

Id be fuming and I think its unfair (sorry to rant, im having a bad day) Ozzies can see overseas dates selling out so dont know what to do. I know its got nothing to do with M herself but Live nation are being cruel. What do they do book flights then a local arena is announced?

Please read this M's Management, we know you come on here.

I keep trying to sign up for this again - fill out the original form on the 1st page,accept the terms and conditions, then press next and it does not go anywhere. About to pull my hair out with frustration.

I keep trying to sign up for this again - fill out the original form on the 1st page,accept the terms and conditions, then press next and it does not go anywhere. About to pull my hair out with frustration.

I suppose next Monday which is March 30, it's coming Aussies

I think they're also testing the waters and seeing how tickets sales are like in the rest of the world before deciding what cities and venues she'll tour here. If ticket sales are not that great then maybe Madge will only perform in Sydney and Melbourne which I definitely don't want cause I live in Brisbane! I also wonder if she'll do a stadium tour here. I know she said that she wants intimacy and all that, but if Taylor Swift can sell out stadiums in Australia then there's no reason M can't as well like she did in 1993.

I think they're also testing the waters and seeing how tickets sales are like in the rest of the world before deciding what cities and venues she'll tour here. If ticket sales are not that great then maybe Madge will only perform in Sydney and Melbourne which I definitely don't want cause I live in Brisbane! I also wonder if she'll do a stadium tour here. I know she said that she wants intimacy and all that, but if Taylor Swift can sell out stadiums in Australia then there's no reason M can't as well like she did in 1993.

I went to see Kylie last week, and the whole time during the concert I was just looking around ROd Laver arena thinking that Madonna should do her show there. Im sure she coudl sell out stadiums in Melbourne, but the closeness of the arena would be so good. Maybe even do multiple nights. Especially if the show has been designed to be an arena show, it would be nice to see it that way. But of course, I'll be happy with whatever happens.

how many big cities are in australia for her to tour?

The five biggest cities are:

Sydney - population 4.8 million

Melbourne - 4.4 million

Brisbane - 2.3 million

Perth - 2 million

Adelaide - 1.3 million

All of these cities have at least one major arena and several stadiums.

I think Madonna should announce the Australian dates immediately.She would sellout the shows instantly and there would be alot of hype and (positive) media attention.

Guest bluejean

I don't see how bad sales in other continents equal less dates in Australia. If anything it means they'll want to do MORE in Australia, New Zealand and Asia.