MADONNA on the COVER of ROLLING STONE!!!!

So if I have to be the person who opens the door for women to believe and understand and embrace the idea that they can be sexual and look good and be as relevant in their fifties or their sixties or whatever as they were in their twenties, then so be it."

Look for the issue on stands and in the iTunes App Store this Friday, February 27th.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/madonna-fights-back-inside-rolling-stones-new-issue-20150225#ixzz3SmV0UrAm

Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

Quote of LIFE !

I have noticed now just how many other women in the public eye are applauding Madonna and complaining about people talking about her age etc. Gretel Killeen and Myf Warhurst - Australian reporters and presenters - have both recently talked about how inspirational Madonna is to all women of every age. Gretel just commented that she can't believe that people are talking about Madonna's fall like - poor Madonna, she is 56. Said she is a trouper, should be admired and age is no issue. Plus so many people are referring to how everyone was looking forward to seeing her at the Brit awards than any other artist. . I predict we will see far more women feeling this way, speaking out and yet again Madonna is changing perceptions. She not only opens the door for so many others, but shatters it right open. Such a Queen of life in every way.

I have noticed now just how many other women in the public eye are applauding Madonna and complaining about people talking about her age etc. Gretel Killeen and Myf Warhurst - Australian reporters and presenters - have both recently talked about how inspirational Madonna is to all women of every age. Gretel just commented that she can't believe that people are talking about Madonna's fall like - poor Madonna, she is 56. Said she is a trouper, should be admired and age is no issue. Plus so many people are referring to how everyone was looking forward to seeing her at the Brit awards than any other artist. . I predict we will see far more women feeling this way, speaking out and yet again Madonna is changing perceptions. She not only opens the door for so many others, but shatters it right open. Such a Queen of life in every way.

Sadly I think the women who will benefit most from what she is doing now (ie. women in their 20's) are the ones being the most bitchy about her. I find it amazing how so many females give her crap yet she opened the door for so many of them and continues to do so. Yet they will blindly worship people like Kim Kardashian. I don't think she'll ever get the recognition she truly deserves which truly makes me sad.

more from ROLLING STONE!!!

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/madonna-fights-back-inside-rolling-stones-new-issue-20150225

if you go to the facebook page for Rolling Stone......the monsters are out in full force.

Amazing. Exactly why I love this woman.

ps. DON'T read article comments. Ever. A cesspool of ignorant bullshit on parade.

The usual suspects on social media (twitter, tumblr, etc.) are having a field day with her comments about ageism and the comparing of it to racism/homophobia.... and not surprisingly, are throwing back ageist, hateful comments to her. They have the gall to say the criticisms towards her have nothing to do with ageism. They are so fucking blind. It's amazing how utterly stupid these supposed "intellectuals" can be......

The usual suspects on social media (twitter, tumblr, etc.) are having a field day with her comments about ageism and the comparing of it to racism/homophobia.... and not surprisingly, are throwing back ageist, hateful comments to her. They have the gall to say the criticisms towards her have nothing to do with ageism. They are so fucking blind. It's amazing how utterly stupid these supposed "intellectuals" can be......

Madonna has a voice. They don't. No one will remember anything they've said about her, but decades from now when Madonna is like 90 years old, these quotes will be historic.

Best to just not even pay attention to what ppl say on social media. Best thing I ever did for myself. I don't use Twitter or facebook anymore. Just instagram. And I lurk tumblr but stay far away from the pop star shit.

I'll never understand why Madonna fans (not you voguemusic) subject themselves to social media torture. It's only gonna depress you. Get rid of it.

Madonna has a voice. They don't. No one will remember anything they've said about her, but decades from now when Madonna is like 90 years old, these quotes will be historic.

Best to just not even pay attention to what ppl say on social media. Best thing I ever did for myself. I don't use Twitter or facebook anymore. Just instagram. And I lurk tumblr but stay far away from the pop star shit.

I'll never understand why Madonna fans (not you voguemusic) subject themselves to social media torture. It's only gonna depress you. Get rid of it.

Oh trust me...I avoid it all as much as I can. I only try to follow level-headed folks on social media anyway...but unfortunately, some of the time it just shows up on one's dash unexpectedly...

It probably wouldn't bother me so much if it was the usual suspects, like fundamentalists and conservatives....but it's now these 'supposed' liberals/intellectuals/etc. that do it in the name of 'social justice'...as if they can co-opt the entire conversation on the -isms and -phobias of society...and it just pisses me off in the few moments I can't escape it. (And that's not even so much about Madonna as it is about real social justice dialogue that is being completely ruined by their ideologies and "cultural criticisms"...).

Normally I try to brush it off, but some of these folks just piss me off to high heaven...I think the fall has made me extra defensive for her lately. :laugh:

:old: So true!