Are you here for a Round Stage in the next tour?

Iconic Fetus

Guest Hunterlas

Now that she used the round stage in the Grammys and that it seems that she's willing to keep using it, what are your thoughts for a round stage?

Like Britney's Circus Tour and U2's 360' Tour

Sure, there was a round platform at the stage of Grammys... but that was not (by any mean) a round stage.

I'm just saying that if she follows that route...

I'd would be cool, enough with the catwalks, I need something cool like MDNA Tour or Katy Perry latest where she flies across the arena and also appears in the middle of the arena.

Guest Rocco Papa

That sort of thing is fine in small places, but I don't think it would work in a place like Madison Square Garden. If the stage is in the round, they wouldn't have screens for the people in the back, right? Where would they put them? I just don't see how that would work in big places. It seems like it would be a lousy viewing experience for the majority of the audience.

That sort of thing is fine in small places, but I don't think it would work in a place like Madison Square Garden. If the stage is in the round, they wouldn't have screens for the people in the back, right? Where would they put them? I just don't see how that would work in big places. It seems like it would be a lousy viewing experience for the majority of the audience.

Yeah, I second this. Didn't Britney get a lot of stick during Circus because she had no screens after the North American leg finished?

Guest Hunterlas

^ i hate the idea of the round stage but for sure would love something new for the stage. Lets just hope for ONCE we get an accurate seating floor plan before we purchase our tickets.

well if she is really going to do an arena tour then this will be a good way to maximize the space and profit on every single spot. imagine the price of those tickets :lol:

i must say i wouldn't be against it but the screens are so important to have for such a strong visual artist like M

Foo Fighters used that stage before Circus. Crediting the stage to Shitney is like saying she invented dubstep. Do your homework, people! :lmao:

The admins should ban that smile from you

Anyways

I'm up for anything, just as long as I'm there to see it!

Guest bluejean

Foo Fighters used that stage before Circus. Crediting the stage to Shitney is like saying she invented dubstep. Do your homework, people! :lmao:

I don't know who did it first but Justin Timberlake did it long before Britney. Although Britney did it much better imo.

And YES I am here for an "in the round" type affair if that's what she wants to do. Not only is it easier for more people to get close to Madonna but she can make more money. So it's win/win!

Guest bluejean

Imo though she should do both!

Beyonce did a thing with a main stage and mid way through the show she flew out onto a smaller stage at the back of the arena which was in a round. Great way to give everyone value or money. Although it probably cuts capacity down abit so Madonna may not go for that.

Justin did the stage in the middle in 2007 and Shania even before that. It was okay. Not sure how it would work out for M. I hope we know what we bux when the pre-sales start. I want to know where my place is. Hopefully we get those early access tix again in Europe. I will pay any price. Don't care.

It's not ideal for me. I liked it for Britney's "Circus" tour because of the theme, but I always sat in the center/first level at the shows I went to - which I felt gave the best view - however, I wouldn't want to sit on an extreme end of the arena as I would have felt to far from the stage.

I liked the MDNA tour stage the most out of Madonna's post Girlie Show tours - the moving pillars were great on the main stage and the triangle came out pretty far and was utilized quite a bit. The problem with catwalks and such is that there is no perfect seat - if you are close to the end of the catwalk you are then far from the main stage. I always try to sit directly at the end of the catwalk so at least you get a front view of everything. Of course, the best thing to do is go to multiple shows and see it from different angles.

Edited by UnapologeticRebel

Looking at that U2 photo I would say no NO, looks adnauseum to be sitting in the stands watching the back of someone for half a show, however in smaller arenas it could work wonders if implemented correctly as everyone generally has a good view.

The worst is buying tickets and not being 100% sure how close you are or far on the floor. I remember this happened for the MDNA, there was so much confusion even after the tickets go on sale. I wouldnt necessarily like that type of stage but whatever she wants Im ok with! Even though I've seen her every time since Drowned World I feel like this time I'm gonna have to kill a bitch for great tickets..which I'm more than willing to do.