So, like out of...nowhere Taylor Swift now "loves M" :? lol

Ciccone's Cheeks

Not sure if anyone posted this or commented on this clip but for some reason I didn't notice it until now. It's from the Grammys. Dunno...all the 'love'and gushing feels as genuine as all her exes and soon to be exes and friends lol. That, or ONLY cause of the very recent praise M gave Taylor. In 7 years Taylor never (as in not once lol) ever came close to even hinting she knew the Madonna in any way let alone "love her". :think::rotfl: Just sounds kinda Britney.

She's so fake... I bet she doesn't even know the lyrics to Vogue or Like a Virgin. That "Like a prayer inspired me so much" was just attention seeking, just listen to her album and see for yourself

well...in all honesty....if taylor is fake....

inteviewer - you said you like taylor swift and listen to her records

madonna - yes she's so nice

interviewer - what song of her do you like the most

madonna - mmmm...mmmm.mmmm...that song....mmmm....the song with words.....mmmm....

:rotfl:

Why so cynical? Taylor said before the release of 1989 that it was influenced by 80s music, and she specifically named Like a Prayer (the song) in an interview around then.

Not being 'cynical'. Of course its *always great when anyone esp a major present day star praises M but I'm just questioning the timing and sincerity. Yes, she def. made a very kind, and what seemed genuine comment about LAP months ago. I just wonder how much she knows her catalog aside from the mega, iconic hits that everyone and their cat and dog knows inside and out. Again, prior to the LAP comment there wasn't ever a comment about M. Not a bad thing but based on Taylors persona and music, just felt like it was a given M wasn't at all her cuppa tea. Not saying she was a hater etc..just indifferent at best.

madonna - mmmm...mmmm.mmmm...that song....mmmm....the song with words.....mmmm....

LOL Kind of having deja vu/ visions of M saying Britney 'Pears' in 2003 lmao. M has always been a but clunky/forgetful esp when it came to naming fellow popular female singers and their songs. Something similar happened right before Katy Perry got huge in 2008. Dunno if it's on purpose or if she has 20 other more important things on her mind and everyone and everything else is secondary lol so she gets sidetracked.

She's so fake... I bet she doesn't even know the lyrics to Vogue or Like a Virgin. That "Like a prayer inspired me so much" was just attention seeking, just listen to her album and see for yourself

Thank you. lol There isn't even a 1/2 a drop of any LAP 'influence' or even Annie Lennox lol (who she also majorly praised) on 1989. It all sounds totally Max Martin 2014/15.

We all know the M.O. with pop stars like Taylor Swift. Rich parents, money got her where she is, she feigns modesty, sincerity, and affection for pretty much everyone who indirectly helps her look good. The "nice white virgin girl" is as phoney as the 200 relationships she's been in since her popularity has risen (though I bet she probably is a virgin)

Had Madonna never uttered a word, you would have seen this constipated brat passive aggressively make a dig at Madonna, I'm sure of it.

I agree it was nice of her, and it's never a bad thing when someone pays compliments to the queen. But I am with the OP, I seriously doubt her sincerity. When Katy Perry talks about Madonna, it's clear that she is a fan because she cites her so often in her work, her image, etc. (i.e. she said the high ponytail look was one of her favs and wears it often, cited Truth or Dare as an inspiration for her movie, sang 'Like A Virgin' once at some show, and stated on twitter that one of her songs was heavily inspired by Like A Prayer (and you could actually tell by listening to it)). Taylor on the other hand . . . I fail to see where or how Madonna has influenced her.

Maybe I'm being too cynical, but when Taylor said 'Like A Prayer' is one of the greatest pop songs of all time, I didn't think "that's so nice of her to say!", as though it were a charitable compliment. I just thought, "duh".

_GJufD.gif

We all know the M.O. with pop stars like Taylor Swift. Rich parents, money got her where she is, she feigns modesty, sincerity, and affection for pretty much everyone who indirectly helps her look good. The "nice white virgin girl" is as phoney as the 200 relationships she's been in since her popularity has risen (though I bet she probably is a virgin)

Had Madonna never uttered a word, you would have seen this constipated brat passive aggressively make a dig at Madonna, I'm sure of it.

:lmao::yes: Totally. If M didn't lick her angelic, pure, sweet vanilla buns in any way recently, after the interviewer showed her the clip of Ms attire, Taylor woulda prob. just said "oh, look at M, always the one to never care, you go M" w/ a monotone, shady/sarcastic voice (then goes onto abruptly change the subject). lol

I agree it was nice of her, and it's never a bad thing when someone pays compliments to the queen. But I am with the OP, I seriously doubt her sincerity. When Katy Perry talks about Madonna, it's clear that she is a fan because she cites her so often in her work, her image, etc. (i.e. she said the high ponytail look was one of her favs and wears it often, cited Truth or Dare as an inspiration for her movie, sang 'Like A Virgin' once at some show, and stated on twitter that one of her songs was heavily inspired by Like A Prayer (and you could actually tell by listening to it)). Taylor on the other hand . . . I fail to see where or how Madonna has influenced her.
Maybe I'm being too cynical, but when Taylor said 'Like A Prayer' is one of the greatest pop songs of all time, I didn't think "that's so nice of her to say!", as though it were a charitable compliment. I just thought, "duh".
_GJufD.gif

+1. Totally agree about Katy. Also, no doubt Rihanna is another one and even recently Beyonce (another one basically out of nowhere) who started to show signs of *true loon-dom lol. W/ Beyonce it seemed to start around 2011 when she and M supposedly connected/clicked during Oprah's final program. Prior to that, Beyonce was def. all about the Mariah's and the lame like.

Guest Rachelle of London

+1. Totally agree about Katy. Also, no doubt Rihanna is another one and even recently Beyonce (another one basically out of nowhere) who started to show signs of *true loon-dom lol. W/ Beyonce it seemed to start around 2011 when she and M supposedly connected/clicked during Oprah's final program. Prior to that, Beyonce was def. all about the Mariah's and the lame like.

No it didnt. Beyoncé has always shown her love for Madonna. In 2001 when she was still with Destinys Child her and Kelly gushed about wanting to be like Madonna. VMAS 2003 she said she was so excited to see Madonna onstage. Her Check on It video for pink panther bey wanted it to look like Human Nature but they didn't have the budget :lmao: and serena Williams said in an interview that when her and Beyoncé are together they sit round singing Madonna songs and that must've been around 2005/2006.

I think 2011 is when they properly met and have been to a few events together and seemed to have struck up quite a nice relationship. B requesting Madonna to appear at chime for change is very telling also.

:rotfl::dead:

:lmao: So true. Madonna couldn't think of ONE SONG.

Which is good becuz I don't wanna picture Madonna listening to her :scared:

Well come to think of it, her comment about Taylor wasn't exactly the highest praise imaginable:

"It's good to have princesses [of pop]. It means there's lots of pretty dresses around. I like Taylor Swift. I think she writes some really catchy pop songs. I can't get them out of my head."

I don't think she was being shady or anything, but catchy does not necessarily mean good. I think she only knows her songs because lately the radio has been bombarded with them; I doubt she would listen to Taylor Swift out of her own volition. LOL. Also I love how she's basically reaffirming that she's the queen while complimenting Taylor. :chuckle::queenbitch:

No it didnt. Beyoncé has always shown her love for Madonna. In 2001 when she was still with Destinys Child her and Kelly gushed about wanting to be like Madonna. VMAS 2003 she said she was so excited to see Madonna onstage. Her Check on It video for pink panther bey wanted it to look like Human Nature but they didn't have the budget :lmao: and serena Williams said in an interview that when her and Beyoncé are together they sit round singing Madonna songs and that must've been around 2005/2006.

I think 2011 is when they properly met and have been to a few events together and seemed to have struck up quite a nice relationship. B requesting Madonna to appear at chime for change is very telling also.

:ohmy:

:dead:

Guest Rachelle of London

I dont know why everyone on here was harping on about Taylor Swift being a Madonna loon because she sang along to LFL at the Grammys. The whole audience was singing along. The camera even panned in on her during the "I'm not gonna stop" part and she was clearly singing the wrong lyrics :dead:

If singing along makes Taylor a Madonna fan blimmin heck

Interviewer: Shake it Off?

Madonna: Yeah, that one.

:lmao:

The video make it 1000 times more hilarious

Why so cynical? Taylor said before the release of 1989 that it was influenced by 80s music, and she specifically named Like a Prayer (the song) in an interview around then.

I don't find Taylor cynical in this video and let's be honest, she looked sincere and joyful during LFL performance in the grammys.

It's nothing more than calculated PR bullshit...and you're falling for it.

She never once said a thing about Madonna prior to having to promote her "1989" album and deliberately tie it to something iconic so she could sell it to kids who don't know better.

Madonna mentioning her was just icing on the cake for her.

Ai Papi said it perfectly -

THIS!!!!!!

:lmao: So true. Madonna couldn't think of ONE SONG.

Which is good becuz I don't wanna picture Madonna listening to her :scared:

That says it ALL right there, really.....

I dont know why everyone on here was harping on about Taylor Swift being a Madonna loon because she sang along to LFL at the Grammys. The whole audience was singing along. The camera even panned in on her during the "I'm not gonna stop" part and she was clearly singing the wrong lyrics :dead:

If singing along makes Taylor a Madonna fan blimmin heck

Exactly! I take it some folks don't watch award shows to know that this is nothing more than Taylor's 'guaranteed to get the camera on me' awards show schtick.... (and also because basically she's the epitome of 'dorky white girl'.)

As if somehow it's proof that Taylor is actually a genuine fan of the music of said artist is laughable (let alone if she even knows who the fuck they are...)

taylor-swift-dancing-with-lorde.gif

taylorkendrick2.gif

taylor-swift-dancing-2.gif

rs_450x246-140126204618-tumblr_inline_n0

rs_450x306-140126204626-tumblr_n01lha3PF

tumblr_nauc1zgzMp1r793zwo1_500.gif

taylor-swift-dancing-to-iggy-and-rita-or

Yoko's dancing is more genuine even...

yoko.gif

I don't find Taylor cynical in this video and let's be honest, she looked sincere and joyful during LFL performance in the grammys.

I didn't buy it. She always do that when the camera points at her in these awards? She always seems lost, like a bimbo.

And loved M's irony when she spoke about her on the red carpet. :lmao:

Exactly! I take it some folks don't watch award shows to know that this is nothing more than Taylor's 'guaranteed to get the camera on me' awards show schtick.... (and also because basically she's the epitome of 'dorky white girl'.)

As if somehow it's proof that Taylor is actually a genuine fan of the music of said artist is laughable (let alone if she even knows who the fuck they are...)

taylor-swift-dancing-with-lorde.gif

taylorkendrick2.gif

taylor-swift-dancing-2.gif

rs_450x246-140126204618-tumblr_inline_n0

rs_450x306-140126204626-tumblr_n01lha3PF

tumblr_nauc1zgzMp1r793zwo1_500.gif

taylor-swift-dancing-to-iggy-and-rita-or

Yoko's dancing is more genuine even...

yoko.gif

THIS

:dead:

LMAO Holy F Taylor def. dances like the typical stiff, dorky white girl who's trying to be a sista. #Taylorcannotfckindance!

Taylor's dancing reminds me of the girls I see in gay clubs who have hijacked the dance floors!! :no:

Anyway, appreciate her positive appreciation of M.