Rebel Heart (The Spoiler Zone) III (No link posting or requesting)

Guest Madomination

It starts with the piano and the humm hummm choir.

Then she starts singing. It builds up beautifuly. IN LOVE WITh It!!!! There are no drums. Just that MJ sample. But that is harder, better. And a very beautiful bass line.

And in the second part, while singing the verses, there's a beautiful orchestration and new choir vocals. PERFECT!

:scared::scared::nervous::nervous::ass::tongue::ass::tongue:

So, I'm going to channel Some of Shane (whose questions about the tracks he is waiting patiently to hear are quite enjoyable to read)... I wanted to ask about the album version of "Inside Out" ... (I haven't heard the final versions of the remaining tracks -- I've heard the 9 from iTunes, and tons of demos that aren't making the cut, but not the finished versions of album tracks that are not yet released). "Inside Out" is probably my favorite of the demos, and I'm a little nervous about how it's reported to have changed, because of the polarized reaction from fans. Anyone want to tell me a little more about what the finished one sounds like? Is it minimalistic? (Bjork "Army of Me" synth and NIN "Closer" percussion are gone from what I understand. Ditto with the guitar and piano. What's left in terms of instrumentation?!) Is the vocal take the same? Did we lose any lyrics, or did all of that remain the same?

Mensch, I think you are one of the big fans of "Inside Out," too, right? I'm especially looking for your insight here, please. :)

I can't believe I didn't even pick up on this when I heard "Score." I used to listen to musical soundtrack cast albums all.the.time, including Jesus Christ Superstar.

well the whole song has a production overhaul.

the lyrics are the same and the melody is the same so you're going to happy with that.

I do think you are going to be a bit disappointed as I was at first but then when you let it settle in, it grows on you. The verses are basically supported by a pulsating whompy bass line. The chorus, instead of the bright acoustic guitars coming in, have a soft string and piano trailed by more prominent percussion.

It's lost that special NIN and Bjork touch that made me fall INSANELY in love with the song but I will always have the demo to rely on for that. I think, as a whole, as I've stated many times before...all the finished songs are more fleshed out and cohesive to one another in every possible way than any of the demos were. Regardless of what we prefer (and to tell you the truth, I prefer all the finished songs more...except for BIM...i prefer the most recent demo leak lol...i actually don't even have that song in my album so...)...

the demos are all beautiful but they were elevated for the concept of "rebel heart" and they work. there are beautiful subtleties all around the album from little carribean percussion, to the march drums, to these random sounds and noises and effects here and there. The drums on the album are so explosive and prominent. I just love everything so much! ok, i'm off to REQUEST REQUEST REQUEST!

I found a track called Little by Little which is a dance track with just Madonna's spoken vocals over it. Anyone know anything about it? She's going on about her wrinkled body and all my love, on my own. I assume it's just lots of spoken clips put together.

It's from a poem called If You Forget Me.

If You Forget Me (Pablo Neruda read by Madonna) - YouTube

Taking from the original leak list (whether it is legit or not), here is what has surfaced. Messiah is the only messy one with different sites having different listings.

Leaks in bold

Addicted (New Vox)

Addicted (Short Portishead Mix)

Addicted (The One That Got Away) - #1 (3:10)

Addicted (The One That Got Away) - Demo #2 (3:56) 2014-07-03

Addicted (The One That Got Away) (Demo #7)

Alone With You (Rather be alone) (3:02)

Autotune Baby / Rock Me - Demo #1 (3:59)

Autotune Baby / Rock Me - Demo #2 (3:47)

Back That Up (Do It) (Demo #1) - 3:31 2014-06-11

Beautiful Scars (Demo #2) (4:08)

Best Night (Demo #1) - 3:47

Best Night (Demo #2) - 3:32

Best Night (Demo #3) - 3:31 New Key Ruff 06.12.14

Bitch I'm Madonna (I Just Wanna Beat) - Demo #1 (4:41)

Bitch I'm Madonna - Ruff 06.13.14 (3:33)

Bitch I'm Madonna - Demo #3 (4:18)

Body Shop - #1 Rough 4 (3:34)

Borrowed Time (Demo #1) 2:04

Borrowed Time (Demo #2) 3:22

Borrowed Time (Demo #3) 3:32 [07.03.14]

Borrowed Time (Demo #4) 3:40

Borrowed Time (Demo #5 Final) 3:36

Devil Pray (Make The Devil Pray) (Demo #1) - (3:32) 2014-03

Devil Pray (Demo #2) - (3:36)

Freedom - Concept Demo V3 (3:56)

God Is Love - 3:31 Demo

Graffiti Heart (Demo #1) - 2:38

Graffiti Heart (Demo #2+)

Ghosttown (Demo)

Heartbreak City (Demo #1 Acoustic) (3:58)

Heartbreak City - Demo #2 (3:58) 2014-03

In the final says "and I still feel shitty"

Heartbreak City (Demo #3) New Vox (3:58)

Heartbreak City (Demo #4) (4:12) Not a dance version

Heaven (Demo) 3:48

Hold Tight (Demo #1)

Hold Tight (Demo #2) 3:23

Hold Tight - Demo #3 v3 uptempo (4:33) (4:53) Long silence at the end

Hold Tight - Demo #4 Ruff 06.13.14 (3:25)

Hold Tight - Demo #5 (4:43) feat MNEK

Hold Tight RT 01.10.15

Holy Water - Demo #1 (3:34)

Holy Water Mix#5 12.15.14

Iconic (Demo #1) - (3:59) 2014-06

Iconic (Demo #2) - 4:24

Iconic (Final Demo #4) - 4:24 with rap 10.13.14 (Possibly Iconic [Part 2]) Same track length

Illuminati (Demo) - 3:20 2014-06

Inside Out (Let Me Love You From) - Demo #4 (4:13) (4:23) Silence at the end with the last lines looped

Joan Of Arc (Demo) - 4:03

Joan Of Arc 11.23.14 dance REPRINT FOR MASTERING

La Isla Bonita Dubplate - 0:53

Living For Love (Acoustic Rough) - 4:51 10/05/14

Living For Love - #1 - 4:54

Living For Love - #3 - 04:40

Living For Love - #4 - 4:12 First leaked 2014/08

Living For Love 18.12.14 Guy ending REPRINT FOR MASTERING

Living For Love #15

Messiah - #1 Rough (Wake Up)

Messiah - #2 (2:38)

Messiah (Demo #3) (3:14) or 3:38 Mainly Piano & Strings

Messiah (Demo #4) 3:23

Messiah (Demo #5) 3:15 [05.19.14]

Messiah (Demo #6) 3:52 or 3:38 - without piano

Messiah (Demo #7) 3:38 First leaked 2014-07

Messiah - #11

Never Let You Go - Demo #1

Never Let You Go - Demo #2 (3:36)

Nothing Lasts Forever - 3:30 2014-06

Rebel Heart - #1 (3:28) Acoustic Version/aka demo #1

Rebel Heart - #2 (3:22) or 3:29 - Silence at the end, so close to the album version

Rebel Heart - #3 (3:26) Rock Acoustic

Rebel Heart - #4 (4:00) 19/05/14

Revolution - Concept Demo (3:02) 2014-03

S.E.X. (Demo #1) Acoustic

S.E.X. - Demo - Rough 2 (3:22)

Score - Demo - (3:14)

Take A Day (3:50) - 06.12.14

Take It Back (6:10) - 06.12.14

To Change (Sorry not Sorry)

Tragic Girl - Demo (3:20) 2014-06

Tragic Girl (Etienne Mix) (3:32)

Trust No Bitch - Demo - (2:29)

Trust No Bitch - Demo #2

Two Steps Behind (Wannabe) - 3:30

Unapologetic Bitch - Demo Ruff 05.09.14 (3:53)

Unapologetic Bitch 12.17.14 more air horn

Veni Vidi Vici - Demo #1 Ruff 05.09.14 (4:00)

Veni Vidi Vici (Diplo Demo Instrumental) 3:09

Veni Vidi Vici (Mix 5) 4:07

Wash All Over Me (Let it wash all over) - #1 (3:58)

Wash All Over Me - #2 07.03.14 (4:32)

Wash All Over Me - #3 (4:17)

Wash All Over Me - #4 (Avicii Final) (4:02)

Wash All Over Me mix#12 01.09.15

Thanks for the updated list...

...only thing is some sites/individuals are listing things with different numbers (esp. for LFL, Messiah, etc.)...and it's getting really confusing.

That list of songs is scary. They might as well have her bank account information and health records. that's literally everything that was on the recording studio floor. damn.

I never liked Bitch I'm Madonna - but Demo 1 changed that... The original melody is more catchy than the new urban version. I don't know if the "new" Tragic Girl is official or a fan mix - but I really like it. And how about Unapologetic Bitch (Disco Mix) - is it fanmade? I like it more that the album version.

Maybe RH should have been released as "urban" US-version and an international pop version with Avicii's versions and disco/ club versions - and bonus tracks like Queen, Heaven, Alone With You and Take a Day. But at last we can create our own tracklists.

I think, if we include the demo versions we can say: Rebel Heart IS Madonnas best album ever.

:Disco_Ball:

Edited by BetteDavisDub

That list of songs is scary. They might as well have her bank account information and health records. that's literally everything that was on the recording studio floor. damn.

God, no wonder Madonna felt 'terrorised' and understandably so...having several dozen demo tracks leaked after all that hard work in the studio. She's recovered well, the show must go in. My head has been done in with these leaks.

I love the new tragic girl! I haven't heard any disco Unapolagetic version!!!

Similar style as Beautiful Scars: Unapolagatic Bitch (Disco Mix) 4:37

Sounds really cool, faster, more retro club sounds & has cheap high hats. IMO it would be a great bonus track. But my sound system isn't good enough to detect if this mix is based on a filtered acapella.

Edited by BetteDavisDub

Similar style as Beautiful Scars: Unapolagatic Bitch (Disco Mix) 4:37

Sounds really cool, faster, more retro club sounds & has cheap high hats. IMO it would be a great bonus track. But my sound system isn't good enough to detect if this mix is based on a filtered acapella.

The vocals seem a bit low in the mix for the UB (Disco Mix), so it may actually be a mix from a filtered acapella (I am listening to it through Bose headphones), though my hearing is probably affected from too many nights clubbing in the past! LOL

To those of you who have listened, what would you say are her best songs in terms of vocal performance on the rest of the album? I can't say enough good things about her singing on Devil Pray, Ghosttown, and Joan of Arc, and I would like to know what you think are vocal high points that I still have to look forward to? As someone whose favorite thing about Madonna has always been her voice, I am super excited for this album.

Is it confirmed that the Etienne mix of 'Tragic Girl' is official...or just another one to add to the fan-made mixes?

It was listed in the demo list that was posted prior to when all the songs started to leak. So, whatever that means. Ha.

Iconic Part 2 leaked as well. But I don't see the difference from part 1, just the extra lyrics. :(

Well, the Mike Tyson rant is in the middle of the song, leading in to Chance's rap and then Mike goes on for more of a rant later. I wish they had auto-tuned out his lisp (it's very pronounced in this version).

To those of you who have listened, what would you say are her best songs in terms of vocal performance on the rest of the album? I can't say enough good things about her singing on Devil Pray, Ghosttown, and Joan of Arc, and I would like to know what you think are vocal high points that I still have to look forward to? As someone whose favorite thing about Madonna has always been her voice, I am super excited for this album.

I definitely seem to diverge from popular opinion on here about what constitutes a "good" vocal from Madonna, but my faves are (in addition to DP and Ghosttown): Body Shop, Inside Out, Wash All Over Me, Beautiful Scars, Addicted, and Borrowed Time. As for the demos, God Is Love and Heaven are my faves vocally.

I definitely seem to diverge from popular opinion on here about what constitutes a "good" vocal from Madonna, but my faves are (in addition to DP and Ghosttown): Body Shop, Inside Out, Wash All Over Me, Beautiful Scars, Addicted, and Borrowed Time. As for the demos, God Is Love and Heaven are my faves vocally.

Just curious as to how you think your opinion differs, because I feel as though DP and Ghosttown are generally considered examples of her great vocals. And thank you for answering; I am excited to hear all of these!

Can someone describe Demo 2 of LFL? Not sure the one I have is legit - starts with a beat from the very beginning and definitely not as dynamic as the other official versions.

if the length is 4:40 then that is actually LFL Demo 3...when it leaked it was mislabeled at Demo 2. and #2 hasn't leaked

For me, "Ghosttown" is the high point of the entire album, including both demos and final album versions, in terms of vocals.

In fact, if it is released as a single, I wouldn't be surprised if Madonna received a nomination for it for Best Pop Vocal at the Grammys next year. She has been nominated in this category before--for "Crazy for You," "Ray of Light," and "Music," I believe--but has never won.

This would be a great opportunity for the Grammys to finally give her the win in this category. And it can only help that Madonna gave such a strong vocal performance this year at the Grammys with "Living for Love"--and even more so that she got such positive press coverage for the isolated vocal from the performance.

If Madonna did win in this category, that would also be an excellent talking point when rebutting those who say that she can't sing.

if the length is 4:40 then that is actually LFL Demo 3...when it leaked it was mislabeled at Demo 2. and #2 hasn't leaked

Ah okay, I remember reading that the 4:40 version has additional vocals or something, but I didn't hear much.

i cant keep up with all these different versions. Im giving up. the final versions are good enough for me. and then i'll just wait for the tour versions.