Rebel Heart (The Spoiler Zone) III (No link posting or requesting)

^ what in the actual fuck?

Is this an attempt by the industry to appear trendy, cutting edge, modern? Or maybe just to save money.

There are some things that should always be in a booklet, and those things are a track list and credits!

At least with M, I know the photos and art direction will be flawless.

^ what in the actual fuck?

Is this an attempt by the industry to appear trendy, cutting edge, modern? Or maybe just to save money.

There are some things that should always be in a booklet, and those things are a track list and credits!

At least with M, I know the photos and art direction will be flawless.

I actually think it's kind of cool. The booklet is just gonna be a stand alone piece of art, without a lot of stuff typed over photos. May be they wanted to keep it looking clean.

I don't see the issue with no credits on the actual cd. You can look them up on her website. I agree it will make it look more like a work of art.

Guest eroticerotic

wasn't there a demo that samples the graduation song or something? if i recall correctly, one of her producers posted a video on instagram, tagged her, the it was removed. People compared the sample to Vitamin C's graduation song.

Was this in fact a Madonna demo?

The album version of WAOM is absolutely perfect. Majestic and powerful. Really brings the melody and emotion to the forefront. I quite like some of the mid-stage demos, they are a nice mix of the two, but for me - the final version is just amazing. The initial demo sounded dated and a bit of a mess to be honest - like it didn't know what it wanted to be, ballad or dance song.

The album version of Rebel Heart however is about 25% less perfect than the demo. It just loses the drive and edge that the original version. I feel bad for saying it because i do agree with the mindset that the final version is what she wants us to hear, but everybody ive spoken to that is familiar to them both, all feel like the demo version is better. I still feel like this version is her reacting against the Avicii sound, but its one of the songs that really benefits from it.

Hold Tight (demo 5) is also pretty darn incredible, as is the original Inside Out, but i dont think they lose enough in their final versions to say that she got it wrong!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

100% truth right here !!!!!

No credits is weird, but not only did Rihanna's Unapologetic artwork have no credits, it didn't have the tracklist either lol. I just hope it says EXECUTIVE PRODUCER: MADONNA on the back

I seem to have found versions of both Rihanna's Unapologetic & Kylie's Aphrodite online where the credits were included in the booklet so they were partially true, for some editions I guess. So it is still possible some of Rebel Heart booklets will contain them.

Makes one wonder though, due to the reworkings of many songs and not even ASCAP containing info on Avicii tracks, maybe they were simply not cleared for the time when CDs went into press? Remember she talked about a late April release...

Well yeah, but vinyls don't have a booklet like CDs, do they?

Some have a super sized version of the booklet. Others have inner sleeves with artwork, lyrics and credits. Others have it in a gatefold. But then several Madonna releases just have a plain white paper jacket for the vinyl. So who knows.

The initial demo sounded dated and a bit of a mess to be honest - like it didn't know what it wanted to be, ballad or dance song.

To be fair, the original demo WAS a ballad. It wasonly afterwards they took the original vocals and came up with a dance backing track that, in my opinion, sounded quite off in parts.

Guest bluejean

I agree that the demo version of Rebel Heart is better than the final version.

BUT I think the original leak was abit cheesy for this album. Being one of the strongest tracks on the album I actually think they should have given it a whole new remix.

I also prefer the 2nd leak of Iconic to the final version. Wash All Over Me is best in the final version as is Inside Out, S.E.X. and Holy Water by a million miles.

Guest bluejean

I couldn't care less about album credits. Who reads that stuff anyway? The people that worked on the album should be thanking Madonna not the other way round.

I couldn't care less about album credits. Who reads that stuff anyway? The people that worked on the album should be thanking Madonna not the other way round.

Don't people want to know who produced and wrote what? If there's samples involved?

It's cute and catchy. Seeing people comparing it to Superstar breaks my heart

comparing Body Shop with Superstar is like comparing Erotica with Jimmy Jimmy.

without credits or lyrics, it doesnt give the consumer a reason

to purchase the cd....they just stick with digital

and inside photos can be found online as well

i don't understand why M hasnt put lyrics in since ROL

its not like they can cost that much to print,

so many reisssues now days are printed with write-ups of artists

career, singles info, photos & lyrics

i was really disappointed Celebration didn't have them as it was

advertised as if they were going to be included in booklet

Guest Madomination

comparing Body Shop with Superstar is like comparing Erotica with Jimmy Jimmy.

And all three songs are easily better than Superstar.... :s703:

I sorely miss the inclusion of a proper booklet with credits and lyrics - its the one advantage a physical CD has, making the booklet a real accompaniment to the CD. Something to browse through as you listen, something to enhance the listening experience. Im interested in who has done what on a record. Hell i even care about who has played bass guitar on a song if i like the bass line.

I think its just another example of laziness. It would be easy to compile, and wouldnt take up that much more paper. The last booklet i really liked was the Ray Of Light booklet, but my favourite has to be Bedtime Stories - that was amazingly packaged!

And all three songs are easily better than Superstar.... :s703:

Since i am not very much into her old discography.(80s) Are there really worse songs than superstar and some girls? :huh: