Rebel Heart (The Spoiler Zone) III (No link posting or requesting)

Yeah, there has been such an overdose on the leaks I feel like I might have anaphylactic shock!!

Whilst truly grateful to hear them, when there is such a minor change between versions it does get a confusing.

So is S.E.X. catchy with a melody and hook, or is it more abstract and free form?

It's catchy as all hell. Musically, the demo had more hooks, but the final version puts the focus on her vocal melody. You won't be able to get it out of your head.

It's catchy as all hell. Musically, the demo had more hooks, but the final version puts the focus on her vocal melody. You won't be able to get it out of your head.

Thanks! I can't wait for it!!

And what of Graffiti Heart? I have heard it described as a bubblegum throwaway, but also as full of emotion and a summing up of all she stands for. What are your thoughts?

"Graffiti Heart" was one of my favorite demos. The sentiment and her passion on the chorus totally sell the song. Not as crazy about the final mix as a lot of the power that was in the chorus has been watered down.

Still a fun song with references to her early New York days.

I have been able to piece together what songs are ballads, which are midtempo, which are dance, or at least wager guesses. But the song that remains a mystery to me is Inside Out. It seems to be a favorite among many of you. I have been told by a trusted soul that I will love the vocals, lyrics, and melody. But what is the tempo? Is it one of the ballads, a dance track, midtempo, alternadonna?

I have been able to piece together what songs are ballads, which are midtempo, which are dance, or at least wager guesses. But the song that remains a mystery to me is Inside Out. It seems to be a favorite among many of you. I have been told by a trusted soul that I will love the vocals, lyrics, and melody. But what is the tempo? Is it one of the ballads, a dance track, midtempo, alternadonna?

Mid-tempo... think "Umbrella" by Rihanna.

Mid-tempo... think "Umbrella" by Rihanna.

Thank you!

At the risk of trying your patience, this will be the last question: is Heartbreak City or Wash All Over Me more of a "classic Madonna ballad" in your opinion?

Hard to say. Of the two I'm leaning toward "Heartbreak City" only because it's a little more 'pop'. "Wash All Over Me" is more sparse and has Kanye's distracting marching drums that build throughout the track.

And ask as many questions as you like!

Hard to say. Of the two I'm leaning toward "Heartbreak City" only because it's a little more 'pop'. "Wash All Over Me" is more sparse and has Kanye's distracting marching drums that build throughout the track.

Well thanks! And since you gave permission, do you agree with others who say that the bonus track Beautiful Scars has a wonderful vocal and amazing bridge? It is one that I truly look forward to.

Well thanks! And since you gave permission, do you agree with others who say that the bonus track Beautiful Scars has a wonderful vocal and amazing bridge? It is one that I truly look forward to.

That's a loaded question to ask me as the one truly negative thing I have to say about the entire final album is with regard to "Beautiful Scars"... one of the best songs she recorded for the album.

This is just my opinion and many may disagree: The demo was magic and the album version is an absolute abortion. Her vocals wrapped around the vaguely new wave/rock arrangement of the demo beautifully. The version being released replaces the original music with a cheesy, disco-lite backing track that goes nowhere (including during what was a soaring bridge) and finishes it off by adding a random, autotuned male whining at the end. It doesn't match her vocal performance at all and the whole thing just sounds cheap and flat.

That's a loaded question to ask me as the one truly negative thing I have to say about the entire final album is with regard to "Beautiful Scars"... one of the best songs she recorded for the album.

This is just my opinion and many may disagree: The demo was magic and the album version is an absolute abortion. Her vocals wrapped around the vaguely new wave/rock arrangement of the demo beautifully. The version being released replaces the original music with a cheesy, disco-lite backing track that goes nowhere (including during what was a soaring bridge) and finishes it off by adding a random, autotuned male whining at the end. It doesn't match her vocal performance at all and the whole thing just sounds cheap and flat.

I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiments. The demo of Beautiful Scars had an-almost New Orderesque feel to it and now it sounds like a cheap disco knock off.

I actually love both versions of Beautiful Scars. Either way, it is a very sweet, happy song. The melody and the spirit are the same, and the production differences don't bother me much. I like the new a little better. The vocals DO sound off, though, IMO.

Inside Out is hard to describe because it is different than anything she has done before. What makes this album special, hard to categorize.

Oh just download the fucking thing.

:lmao: this really made me laugh! SameofShame you're so cute asking all these questions, and quite frankly I love it and answering your questions is fun, so no offense at all. But this made me laugh hard! :laugh:

Mattress I love you but come on, Beautiful Scars album version is not cheap disco at all!! It's produced with good really taste. One of my favorites on the album. And I've already described it so many times so I'm not gonna repeat myself. But I guess to each their own! :)

I can't see why so many fans don't like "Beautiful Scars" (album version).I think it's wonderful! It's a sleek,infectious disco number....a softer,yet just as effective,sound than most of the other uptempo tracks.I love it.

As do all his bloody tracks on this album :voodoo: I dislike what he has done to the demos immensely.

:old::old:

Same with Inside Out..."One more time!" :sour:

Thank fuck we have the demos.

Surely this is a mistake by The Sun:

2 WASH ALL OVER ME
An incredibly powerful and pretty emotionally traumatic song ends the main version of the album, with an intense church-like organ overlaid with modern house beats. Madonna looks at her place in the world, opening with the line: “In a world that’s changing, I’m a stranger in a strange land.” She also talks about “running away from all this madness”.

yeah... such a beautiful bridge that was wasted... the Avicii tracks could have added the acoustic guitar balance needed for the album but it seemed that MADONNA decided she didn't want the predominantly guitar acoustics in Avicii production...

In my opinion, Avicii is a talented producer... especially in transforming acoustic tracks into pop songs... Just imagine Wash All Over Me acoustic and its transformation to Demo 3 and Demo 4... if other producers handled that transformation it could've been endless cha cha rhythms and senseless remix like most of LFL remixes...it is really interesting to observe how Avicii transforms the acoustic tracks him and MADONNA teamed up on...

2 WASH ALL OVER ME

An incredibly powerful and pretty emotionally traumatic song ends the main version of the album, with an intense church-like organ overlaid with modern house beats. Madonna looks at her place in the world, opening with the line: In a world thats changing, Im a stranger in a strange land. She also talks about running away from all this madness.

Omg what

2 WASH ALL OVER ME

An incredibly powerful and pretty emotionally traumatic song ends the main version of the album, with an intense church-like organ overlaid with modern house beats. Madonna looks at her place in the world, opening with the line: “In a world that’s changing, I’m a stranger in a strange land.” She also talks about “running away from all this madness”.

Whoot?!?! But I love the sophisticated "new" version that is on the album... Or so we thought...

2 WASH ALL OVER ME

Hmmmm..please be true :ohmy: