BBC Radio 1 Boycotts Madonna. Fans rally and ANNIHILATE ageist DJs!

lautnerfied

Spread the word! Send links to the Facebook group to:

@TheSunNewspaper

@MailOnline

@DailyMirror

@GMB

@Daily_Star

@SkyNews

@Daily_Express

With something like "Public outraged at Radio 1's ageist decision to ban Madonna" or "Fans bombard Radio 1's Facebook account over Madonna age discrimination".

omg lololol what did she write?!?!

She repeatedly posted the link to the LFL video :lmao: First I thought she accidentally hit send a million times :rotfl: Trolling legend!!!! :bow:

Damage control?
Possibly False Madonna Radio 1 Ban Story Produces Outrage Over Ageism

Read more at

their comment is a bit shady with the song may or may not be played on the radio.

Madonna is irrelevant and old? LOL, OK.

It makes for an oh so controversial, easy newspaper headline I guess.

For 5 minutes

The irony of it all as radio is instead the one thing that's increasingly and rapidly becoming more and more irrelevant as a medium worldwide. While after 32 years the Madonna Ciccone appears on any TV show and gets them their highest ratings ever, graces the cover of magazines and they fly off newstands, gets a $120m Live Nation deal at 49 and a second $40m Universal distribution deal at 53, is repeatedly sought after by fashion brands and is one of the 3 biggest touring draws in the world

Bye Bye BBC Radio 1, she doesn't need you to continue doing just that, just like she doesn't need the murky, tricks-ridden US radio/charting/tracking/corporate system to back her up

anigif_enhanced-30695-1423455736-22.gif

Damage control?
Possibly False Madonna Radio 1 Ban Story Produces Outrage Over Ageism

Read more at

Its good that this happens. I bet that they didn't expect the reaction they are getting. Sometimes shit like this must happen in order to change society. Radio 1 now looks stupid and people are waking up for a real problem and reviewing their concepts. Once again Madonna is shaping the world for future generations.

Its good that this happens. I bet that they didn't expect the reaction they are getting. Sometimes shit like this must happen in order to change society. Radio 1 now looks stupid and people are waking up for a real problem and reviewing their concepts. Once again Madonna is shaping the world for future generations.

:clap:

Queen

I am curious, if the Spice Girls will do a comeback, each of them will be above 40. Will this radio station boycott them or do an excetion ?

Its really bullshit to boycott for the age.

In no less than 7 years from now even the "legendary" Britney Spears will be over 40 and what will they do? Sorry Brit Brit, you are too old for pop!!! :( Poor dear Britney... she hasn't even made her own "like a prayer" album yet and suddenly her career already has a deadline :dazed:

George-Ergatoudis-007.jpg

Job: head of music, BBC Radio 1 and 1Xtra
Industry: broadcasting
Staff: 18
New entry

Not as well known as departing controller Andy Parfitt or new acting controller Ben Cooper, George Ergatoudis is nevertheless more influential than either of them as the man who picks the music on BBC Radio 1. "If he supports your act then it can fly," said our judges.

The internet may have provided an unprecedented platform for unsigned artists but a music station with a weekly reach of nearly 12 million listeners (its highest since new ratings methodology was introduced more than a decade ago) retains a power all of its own.

Ergatoudis chairs the weekly playlist meeting that decides the 50 or so records that make up Radio 1's mainstream daytime output with a team that also includes the influential Radio 1 music policy executive Nigel Harding.

A former producer for Jo Wiley and Simon Mayo and at commercial dance station Kiss, Ergatoudis was appointed Radio 1's head of music in 2005, adding 1Xtra to his remit in 2009.

An urban music fan who championed Dizzee Rascal, 50 Cent and Ms Dynamite, he denied the station had turned its back on guitar bands.

"It's important to understand that there is an undeniable music cyle in the UK, and right now most of our target audience have a pretty limited interest in indie/alternative guitar music," he told NME.

Ergatoudis began his career as a trainee producer at Radio 1, making shows for Simon Bates, Dave Lee Travis, and Alan Freeman. Not 'arf!

The Queen must be proud.

LET'S START A REVOLUTION!

We'll be her soldiers

she can depend on

Seriously though, I'm glad this issue of ageism in radio playlisting is finally coming to a boil. I can't believe discrimination like this is legal. These stations need to be boycotted. Even better, somebody needs to sue the fuckers.

We'll be her soldiers

she can depend on

Seriously though, I'm glad this issue of ageism in radio playlisting is finally coming to a boil. I can't believe discrimination like this is legal. These stations need to be boycotted. Even better, somebody needs to sue the fuckers.

I know this is about UK, but there is a lot of buzz for this kind of discrimination. However this has been happening in US since a lot of years and it seems to be normal. Fans complain but no change at all. Do you think this is because is something not seen in UK until now and of course due Madonna?