MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
lautnerfied

BBC Radio 1 Boycotts Madonna. Fans rally and ANNIHILATE ageist DJs!

garbage (shirley manson)

if I was @madonna I would seriously contemplate suing BBC Radio 1 for discrimination in the workplace. Just for sport. S

garbage (shirley manson)

if I was @madonna I would seriously contemplate suing BBC Radio 1 for discrimination in the workplace. Just for sport. S

:clap:

garbage (shirley manson)

Wonderful.

Disgusting!!! I hope they get a lot of backlash from this.

This is bu**$h*t. THEY should be banned! This makes me so mad :angry: M has done far and beyond what any other artists have. They should be honored to be playing her music instead of all these crap about aging. pri*ks!

One Direction or bloody Manface Goulding for our young people...by order of the BBC.

The disgusting corporation. that WE pay for, should have been shut down years ago. Good to see major support for M on the comments.

Kylie'sTiara is back with another gem..

KyliesSparklyTiarra, Formby, 12 hours ago

Madonna had her day. Radio 1 can't be forgiven for not playing Kylie, the UNDISPUTED QUEEN OF POP who's STILL GOING STRONG today!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

In America, Kylie is like "WHO IS THAT?"

WOW.

I didn't see this coming. This makes me sick to my stomach. Everything has already been said in previous posts, but how the hell is age relevant when it comes to music? :banghead:

Madonna, Kate Bush, Tori Amos, Björk, Tina Turner, Stevie Nicks, Sade - just to name few "old" (UGH!) female singers who have had made one of their best work after their 40s.

I hope people (celebs too) will (and already have) react to this. But most of all I hope Madonna will make a comment about this. This is the next wall she needs to break!

What's hilarious is the actual age of half the 'talent' at BBC Radio 1. Annie Mac is 36! She could be her target audience's mother (had she had a child to her Chav boyfriend in high school!

Just read that Daily Fail article again and stupidly looked at some of the comments as read that there was a lot of support for Madonna. So disappointing to see the usual rubbish from the comments. What a lot of revolting bitter nasty trolls commenting and being just as vile, sexist and ageist as the article.

I thought she hasn't been on Radio 1 since Celebration, how come this is getting attention just now?

Any press is good press. This will draw attention to Madonna's new album

As I said in another thread, it's like not playing Beyonce because she's black. AGEISM is the most socially acceptable form of discrimination. Really sad.

ALSO: BBC RADIO 1 (and radio in general) is as "old" and "irrelevant" as they claim Madonna to be. Everyone goes online now. Youtube, Snapchat, Itunes radio, pandora, spotify, etc. No one cares about some twatty outdated radio station

It's the principle of it all though.. terrible

garbage (shirley manson)

:old: I love Shirley Manson.

In America, Kylie is like "WHO IS THAT?"

:rotfl:

It's probably William Baker

It's the principle of it all though.. terrible

Exactly! I sent my complaint in asking how age affects music quality..they guarantee to reply, so that should be interesting.

I'm glad they made this public because it was unnecessary and vile, they did not make similar comments about other musicians they don't play anymore for the same reasons BUT in doing so they adressed the elephant in the room that must be adressed : ageism against Madonna. All the other musicians old and new should be supportive because one day sooner or later it's gonna be them and they should feel outraged by this public segregation.

It's public radio paid with your taxes (i doubt their target audience pays the most taxes) and if you live in the UK and are outraged by this you should make sure your voice is heard.

It's public radio paid with your taxes (i doubt their target audience pays the most taxes) and if you live in the UK ansd are outraged by this you should make sure your voice is heard.

+1

I posted a blog about this on my Tumblr if anyone's interested.

http://dirtydietrich.tumblr.com/post/111117392523/madonna-banned-from-radio-1-uk-for-being-old-and

It's not much but I do have a couple thousand followers and I've encouraged people to share the article and take the issue further. It CANNOT be ignored.

Hey I've been following you! lol. I'm madmadonnawitch.tumblr.com !

anyone over 40?? are they fucking kidding me?? like that's old. whatever!! these idiots should realise age is just a number. that's it at the end of the day

garbage (shirley manson)

I wish younger acts be outrage! Artists today don't have zero opinions!! As always it's the established acts that speak up!! Useless acts today!! This could be you in years to come! Stand up!!

I'm fairly young and I can say that literally no one near my age even listens to the radio. I use an aux chord most of the time because if I had to listen to "Blank Space" by Taylor Swift 5 times in an hour, I'd off myself. So their argument about reaching a target audience is irrelevant because their so called target audience barely exists.

It's public radio paid with your taxes (i doubt their target audience pays the most taxes) and if you live in the UK and are outraged by this you should make sure your voice is heard.

Oh its public radio? I thought maybe Madonna could just buy the station and sack everyone.

I used to listen to the radio only when I was driving to work, but eventually I switched to cd's because I couldn't stand listening to Adele songs every 5 minutes each morning. I was losing the will to live.

it won't happen to them because their career won't span as long as Madonnas.