BBC Radio 1 Boycotts Madonna. Fans rally and ANNIHILATE ageist DJs!

lautnerfied

Guest Rachelle of London

@blondeafro I dont know how you as a black woman could defend an organisations open stance on discrimination. Its rather shocking

I just tweeted her that, I want her to tweet me back

@blondeafro I dont know how you as a black woman could defend an organisations open stance on discrimination. Its rather shocking

:clap:

She'll block you..there is no defence to it. All BBC employees just spout the claptrap that they are brainwashed with.

Slay!

Form Letter bullshit.

"we don't think her new song will be of interest to our young viewers".... how the FUCK would they even know if you refuse to play it due to age discrimination?

And using Paul McCartney as an example on a song where he's basically a backstage prop...??? FUCK you idiots.

As for all the "musical merit and relevance" shit.... BULLSHIT. Like anything of 1D or Taylor Swift has any of the sort...

Lol Paul McCartney plays the guitar on the song, he's not even featured other than that, no vocals. His name is to draw in the beatles rock fan crowd, so radio 1 is full of shit.

Guest Rachelle of London

The thread titles wrong, she WISHES she was a DJ, she presents the 60 second news roundup on a weekend night. Prob on minimum wage bless her

As much as I disagree with their policy, and also with the snide, smug and sneering approach to making public statements on the issue, Im not in the slightest bit surprised we are in this position with Radio 1. They have always been a radio station full of their own sense of self importance, and that seems to have gotten worse over time. Their primetime shows are largely just a bunch of musically retarded idiots, who prefer the sound of their own voice than listening to and promoting good new music.

Having said that - there is an air of inevitability about this. Radio 1 has been unofficially "banning" older artists for years. That is what is so infuriating about their 'Paul McCartney' comments - they haven't played his music for years - and i can guarantee it isn't his contribution to either Kanye or Rihanna's songs that is motivating to play those songs. In fact you wouldn't know he was on those records were you to simply listen to them - its a gimmick credit.

The reality is Madonna has joined the list of artists who are no longer a priority to these stations. Amongst her peers she has remained "relevant" far longer than anyone else. You could maybe say Cher stayed relevant, but i dont think she has been as consistent as Madonna. When was the last time Prince, Cyndi Lauper, hell even Mariah, got played on R1? Madonna's status as a legend is cemented and the best thing she can do is not to fight R1, but simply to prove she doesnt need them. She can still produce good music. Prince hasnt been played on the radio for years. His last album was great, one of his best in years, yet he got no airplay (maybe the odd spin on R6) and yet his reputation as a legend remains in tact- as does madonna's!

It's so amazing, guys! The fans have completely annihilated this braindead idiot. She was the one that wrote the Newsebeat article as part of the BBC's "official" response. So proud to be a Madonna fan right now.

They are killing it!

https://twitter.com/blondeafro/status/568400286299103232

I could say your not a good presenter, make it true

:lmao:

Well the fact is that there has to be an element of radio stations trying to target and cater to their audience. thats the reality.

i listen to radio 6 a lot because i cant handle the amount of shit that is played on radio 1. having said that, late on at night - radio 1 play some excellent - non play list music.

I do like the fact that they are being called out for their ageist stance, and their lame and contradictory statements have made them look like massive idiots, but i really wont be losing much sleep over this.

Omg I thought maybe this might have died down but it hasn't in the slightest! It's hilarious, I'm glad the fans are so loyal to Madonna.

As much as I disagree with their policy, and also with the snide, smug and sneering approach to making public statements on the issue, Im not in the slightest bit surprised we are in this position with Radio 1. They have always been a radio station full of their own sense of self importance, and that seems to have gotten worse over time. Their primetime shows are largely just a bunch of musically retarded idiots, who prefer the sound of their own voice than listening to and promoting good new music.

Having said that - there is an air of inevitability about this. Radio 1 has been unofficially "banning" older artists for years. That is what is so infuriating about their 'Paul McCartney' comments - they haven't played his music for years - and i can guarantee it isn't his contribution to either Kanye or Rihanna's songs that is motivating to play those songs. In fact you wouldn't know he was on those records were you to simply listen to them - its a gimmick credit.

The reality is Madonna has joined the list of artists who are no longer a priority to these stations. Amongst her peers she has remained "relevant" far longer than anyone else. You could maybe say Cher stayed relevant, but i dont think she has been as consistent as Madonna. When was the last time Prince, Cyndi Lauper, hell even Mariah, got played on R1? Madonna's status as a legend is cemented and the best thing she can do is not to fight R1, but simply to prove she doesnt need them. She can still produce good music. Prince hasnt been played on the radio for years. His last album was great, one of his best in years, yet he got no airplay (maybe the odd spin on R6) and yet his reputation as a legend remains in tact- as does madonna's!

The difference is that Madonna is Madonna. As "legendary" Prince or Michael is/were... they are/were not Madonna. She's a rule-breaker. Who else to break this ageist frame of mind?

Oh well, now that albino DJ girl picked up on the "Kill yourself" comment and is using it to make M fans look bad...

https://twitter.com/blondeafro/status/568488658464083969

I'm loving this rally, but insulting the DJs like that is NOT the way to go because it will backfire on the fans and M.

The difference is that Madonna is Madonna. As "legendary" Prince or Michael is/were... they are/were not Madonna. She's a rule-breaker. Who else to break this ageist frame of mind?

Are Prince and Michael blocked from the playlist too?

If so, the "musical merit" comment just got 1000x dumber and even more of a slap in the face for artists of REAL musical merit. Wow. Don't they at least have a publicist who can come up with a BELIEVABLE and REALISTIC response?

It's idiots like those that makes things bad for decent fans. Seriously we need to cool off with FB now. Point has been made, this will backfire if we keep going on and please don't hate me for saying this.

It's idiots like those that makes things bad for decent fans. Seriously we need to cool off with FB now. Point has been made, this will backfire if we keep going on and please don't hate me for saying this.

I would never. People are stupid to say such things it ruins the whole thing!