BBC Radio 1 Boycotts Madonna. Fans rally and ANNIHILATE ageist DJs!

lautnerfied

It's funny how I was only 3 when that interview came out and here I am, stanning hard for this woman. :lol:

That was the year I was born and I'm stanning too lol. That's the power of Madonna, she has inspired many generations and will continue to do so. Regardless of what ageist assholes have to say about it.

My 1st post on MadonnaNation and here is my post I typed up to Radio 1:

To discriminate for any reason is wrong as we all know, and to not play music (especially from a living legend) is completely absurd! SHAME ON YOU RADIO 1 and any other station that is guilty of ageism! Madonna is a fighter for many rights since she first burst onto the music scene and this is a beautiful way of saying THANK YOU for being the freedom fighter that you are Madonna! Fans, and even non-fans are standing right beside you and behind you on this issue! I am proud of Madonna and I am proud of her fans and even the non-fans standing up for this injustice! Bravo to all!

Guest Rachelle of London

It's funny how I was only 3 when that interview came out and here I am, stanning hard for this woman. :lol:

I was 1 and a half. So this bullshit about m not having young fans is ridiculous.

Guest Rachelle of London

Nope, not good enough i'm afraid :lol:

Definitely not. Silly how they didnt put that in their press release about not being ageist. Theyre so dumb.

O/Topic: The Morillo Mix is actually gaining great airplay throughout the UK.

Definitely not. Silly how they didnt put that in their press release about not being ageist. Theyre so dumb.

O/Topic: The Morillo Mix is actually gaining great airplay throughout the UK.

Complete idiots and amateurs. That press release made zero sense.

This unexpected blast of NTP really is great for the single and album, tho :biggrin:

Come on, goils!...

https://www.change.org/p/bbc-radio-1-remove-bbc-radio-1-ageist-ban-on-madonna-others-now?after_sign_exp=member_sponsored_donation

3 hrs ·

Our Track of the Day today comes from Taylor Swift with 'Style'.

Taylor was the first act to be announced as playing Radio 1’s Big Weekend in May You can also watch Taylor perform at the BRIT Awards on 25th February – she’s been nominated for ‘Best International Female’.

What do you think of this one?

Manu Calfat Yeah right taylor Swift fits perfectly your musical merit rule. You're a bunch of liars. Play Madonna - #LivingForLove :rotfl:

Clint Brown This is hilarious. They play a country singer who poses as a pop singer. The one who danced to Madonna during her Living For Love Grammy performance but won't play the one who inspired her so much. :rotfl:

Thomas Clarks We are not stopping this till you play Madonna's Living for love. :rotfl:

Radio 1 doesn't stand a chance, their Facebook page has been completely taken over. :chuckle:

3 hrs ·

Our Track of the Day today comes from Taylor Swift with 'Style'.

Taylor was the first act to be announced as playing Radio 1’s Big Weekend in May You can also watch Taylor perform at the BRIT Awards on 25th February – she’s been nominated for ‘Best International Female’.

What do you think of this one?

Manu Calfat Yeah right taylor Swift fits perfectly your musical merit rule. You're a bunch of liars. Play Madonna - #LivingForLove :rotfl:

Clint Brown This is hilarious. They play a country singer who poses as a pop singer. The one who danced to Madonna during her Living For Love Grammy performance but won't play the one who inspired her so much. :rotfl:

Thomas Clarks We are not stopping this till you play Madonna's Living for love. :rotfl:

Radio 1 doesn't stand a chance, their Facebook page has been completely taken over. :chuckle:

2gsr9cm.gif