BBC Radio 1 Boycotts Madonna. Fans rally and ANNIHILATE ageist DJs!

lautnerfied

Zane Low is leaving R1 in march and is replaced by Annie Mac, do you think he was pushed to leave due to being 42 ? I don't remember it being like this before. Cher was in her 50's when we were bombarded with Believe. What is wrong with the bbc ? They think teenagers are stupid ? I did not like that shit when i was a teenager 10 years ago. I was looking up to more mature artists and not the pop tool of the moment. There is like a will to make new generations dumb just like they do in fascist states.

This is all over the news. Heard it twince on the radio (two of the most important radios in my city) and they were actually praising M. The DJ said they're gonna do their part and show some support to one of the biggest legends ever by playing "Living For Love" every hour :dramatic:. He also said the're against this kind of discrimination and this should be punished. :wow:

This made my day. :)

Oh God, i invited my friends to post in the Facebok thing and one of them has asked for Kylie's Turn it Into Love!!!

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I will ask him to delete it, i guess he didn't understand the thing very well.

:dead:

BBC's explanation is so phoney. I can't believe they defended themselves by saying they're playing Paul. Well, the ONLY reason why those two songs are being played is just because he's a featured artist with Rihanna and Kanye. If he was releasing a solo single, there's no way it would get played on BBC 1.

People are still going crazy on their Facebook page. Radio 1 are gonna have to do something to stop this, too many people are posting Living For Love links on every single photo and status now. I don't see it dying down for a while yet...

However, only Digital Spy have commented on it so far...

I'm surprised they haven't react more than that, yet.

They should hire a publicist and do some damage control...

Well they released that statement at 8 this morning, so probably hoped it would die down. It hasn't - in fact, it's worse. I've never seen anything like it. I know other fan bases have organised campaigns and such but this is something else entirely.

This is all over the news. Heard it twince on the radio (two of the most important radios in my city) and they were actually praising M. The DJ said they're gonna do their part and show some support to one of the biggest legends ever by playing "Living For Love" every hour :dramatic:. He also said the're against this kind of discrimination and this should be punished. :wow:

This made my day. :)

That is really awesome!

This whole story got me so mad!

First, I would expect more from a UK state radio station. They are bluntely promoting discrimination against age and I can't believe they think they can get away with it when the actual station is founded by tax payers which I'm sure many of them are over the age of 50!

Calling people over 50 irrelevant and old is a dangerous thing to do and if BBC radio 1 doesn't address this situation they might end up being investigated and even fined if there is evidence they are acting on a discrimination basic.

It's funny how they are tring to say it's not about age but about merit but truth is if Sir Paul Macarthy did not sing along with Rihanna and Kanye West they would have never ever played his song! And how can they justify teens want to listen to a simple camp fire song that's got not bass or rythm? If anything I'm sure they were even ready to re edit the song so Paul Macarthy wouldn't be heard because they think kids don't want to listen to his 70 yrs old voice according to their policy. But funny thing is they are actually saying Living For Love has no merit as a song for their audience which is absurd as it's a progressive dance tune which is what Radio 1 is known to play.

They might have a point by saying Madonna has a 30 yrs old career and she doesn't neet that exposure anymore so that slot can be used to promote other, younger artists and I agree with that but truth is they are not even doing it! All they are playing is Taylor Swift and One Direction! In short they believe they can promote a handful of few artists so that the mass can be easily brainwashed into liking them... No wonder they are saying teens are their principal target audience! Basically they think young people are stupid and they can only listen to music just made for them from the big money corporation! All in all it is all a business aimed to make as much money as possible.

Truth is Madonna, due to her age, is pretty much banned from most popular radio unfortunately. Hopefully by exposing BBC Radio 1 ageist policy people will reconsider her and ask radio programmers to play more of her music.

Guest ditaluver

Just play the fucking song. They're acting like children and the longer they ignore the masses the worse it's going to get

Let it rain!

La Roux ‏@larouxofficial
Age is actually a less offensive alternative to being branded too **** to be on the radio. Lol cry

https://twitter.com/larouxofficial/s...95124759863298

Age is actually a less offensive alternative to being branded too shit to be on the radio. Lol cry

ok, but when they refuse to play somebody, maybe, in some cases, the quality of a song, it also counts! if they don´t play Britney is because her last album wasn´t very good...

it can't be worse than all the other pop albums by younger artists like miley cyrus or taylor swift or whatever. I think the quality of the music is irrelevant.

La Roux ‏@larouxofficial

Age is actually a less offensive alternative to being branded too **** to be on the radio. Lol cry

https://twitter.com/larouxofficial/s...95124759863298

45]

Followl6r7xngV_bigger.jpegLa RouxVerified account@larouxofficial

Age is actually a less offensive alternative to being branded too shit to be on the radio. Lol cry

She's not attacking M...rather dragging herself lol

Guest Madomination

The fact that they "banned" Madonna only goes to show how irrelevant radio already is....now they are resorting to make news to by banning Madonna for attention and publicity.... :laugh:

I stopped tuning into radio 1 over 15 years ago, so i don't give a toss if bbc radio 1 boycotts madonna. it's not what it used to be anymore anyway, and they play such crap! it's unbelievable. i used to listen to bbc radio 1 when it used to be good, and that's why i listen to bbc radio 2 now, because it seems their programming is better and they play an eclectic mix of music. they mostly play music by the greats and my ears are not subjected to all the noise and repetitive rubbish by the latest faddy bands from x factor!

I admit I may be too old for R1, but I like a lot of the music they play but don't listen to it as they play too much rubbish (Ed, Xfactor, Ellie, RiRi). R2 I think is dreadful. BBC don't seem to have a radio station that play good quality pop music. I listen to 6 music, but some days I fancy hearing some good pop music which you just can't find on radio.

There were some saying theyre gonna burn down the BBC studios, they never got blocked or their comments removed. I got blocked for asking for my money back. I think BBC will keep those stupid comments up there so that they can use them against Madonna and her fans.

oh my god. I can only imagine with these kinds of fans ... (literally pounding on the door outside the studio) "hey, you guys better play 'Living For Love' or I'm gonna burn this motha fucka down!!!" :dead: :dead: :dead:

Little monsters ain't got nothing on that shit. :laugh: