BBC Radio 1 Boycotts Madonna. Fans rally and ANNIHILATE ageist DJs!

lautnerfied

"...musical merit and relevance..."

They need to shut the fuck up with that bullshit. Like One Erection, Toilet Swiffer, Som Smeet, 5Shits, Cherly (or whatever the fuck she's called), Katy, Rihanna, etc. really have any real "merit"...that's a straight up JOKE. And their "relevance" will be fleeting considering they're all going to age too, if they even last that long.

They may be using tax dollars, but they're running that shit like a corporation - deliberately programming whatever corporate product into the minds of their listeners on the hour every hour (if even more than that) with a fat paycheck under the table from most artists to justify it. No wonder people in both the US and UK have had enough with radio, and their shady ass tactics. We can see exactly what you're doing assholes.

"Relevance"..... yeah, like radio is the most relevant thing anymore anyway. Good luck lasting another 10 to 20 years bitches...

Guest Rachelle of London

"...musical merit and relevance..."

They need to shut the fuck up with that bullshit. Like One Direction, Toilet Swiffer, Som Smeet, 5SOS, Cherly (or whatever the fuck she's called), Katy, Rihanna, etc. really have any real "merit"...and their relevance will be fleeting considering they're all going to age too, if they even last that long.

They may be using tax dollars, but they're running that shit like a corporation - deliberately programming whatever corporate product into the minds of their listeners on the hour every hour (if even more than that) with a fat paycheck under the table to justify it. No wonder people in both the US and UK have had enough with radio, and their shady ass tactics.

"Relevance"..... yeah, like radio is the most relevant thing anymore anyway. Good luck lasting another 10 to 20 years bitches...

Cherly

:dead:

That's better than Som

:dead:

All the fans that have asked them why they refuse to play artists over 30 have all been blocked, all the ones repeatedly posting Living for Love haven't. They really dont wanna answer our questions.

Go Chelle. You have been incredible - both with this issue and with your posts on this forum too. :thumbsup:

I did my part and posted few posts on their FB! The reaction in there is mind-blowing! Get Together!!

Now the media are picking up on it!

"Madonna fans bombard Radio 1" :ohmy::ohmy:
Madonna fans urge BBC Radio 1 to play 'Living for Love'
Madonna fans have rallied together to get the star's new single playlisted on BBC Radio 1.
Reports emerged over the weekend suggesting that the radio station has put a ban on playlisting any new music by the 56-year-old singer, as it deems her irrelevant for its younger demographic.
However, the BBC has since refuted the claims, stating that it decides its Radio 1 playlist on the merit of the song in question and not an artist's age.
That said, Madonna's fans have continued to bombard Radio 1 with requests to play her new single 'Living for Love'.
After putting a call out for their Ten Minute Takeover feature on Facebook, hundreds of fans asked for Madonna's new single.
Madonna fans bombard Radio 1's Facebook page.
"I'm 17. I'm not old. I want to listen to MADONNA!!" one Facebook user commented, while numerous others posted YouTube embeds of the star's new music video.
BBC Radio 1 has played 'Living for Love' just once since its debut in December, while the single has been added to rival station Capital FM's main playlist.
What's more, producer Diplo has waged into the debate, tweeting: "Tell @BBCR1 that age and nothing but a # and support @NICKIMINAJ @Madonna."

Remember when the public were sick of Simon Cowell always getting the Christmas number one with X Factor winners? Then there was that Facebook campaign to get another song to number one (can't remember what it was now). This could be like that! But you need the press to pick up on it otherwise there's no point. Facebook/Tweet to The Sun and The Mail etc.

Guest Rachelle of London

Remember when the public were sick of Simon Cowell always getting the Christmas number one with X Factor winners? Then there was that Facebook campaign to get another song to number one (can't remember what it was now). This could be like that! But you need the press to pick up on it otherwise there's no point. Tweet to The Sun and The Mail etc.

Rage against the machine?

Loving all the responses to their ridiculous Facebook statement. We should join forces with Robbie Williams' fanbase, he has a massive UK fanbase and they're not happy either. Let's keep our responses measured, intelligent and articulate though. We don't want to come across as crazy rabid loon fans.

Can you imagine if we get R1 and R2 A-list in the aftermath of this and the BRITs and LFL hits UK No. 1

MY God

MY Queen

I may have a heart attack

Into the Groove

Papa Don't Preach

True Blue

La Isla Bonita

Who's That Girl

Like a Prayer

Vogue

Frozen

American Pie

Music

Hung Up

Sorry

4 Minutes

??Living for Love??

GIVE IT TO US QUEEN!

Guest Rachelle of London

My friend said that to cover their backs they will probably A list her on R2, then release a statement to prove that BBC isnt ageist.

A campaign is a very good idea and could work. But some people on there need to calm down. There's a separate boycott Radio 1 group now which is growing. Apparently a couple of people on there have called the BBC phone number and started swearing to the person on the other end of the phone. That is NOT a good idea.

They might add it to their A-list if people group together and keep rational!

Guest Rachelle of London

A campaign is a very good idea and could work. But some people on there need to calm down. There's a separate boycott Radio 1 group now which is growing. Apparently a couple of people on there have been called the BBC phone number and started swearing to the person on the other end of the phone. That is NOT a good idea.

They might add it to their A-list if people group together and keep rational!

There were some saying theyre gonna burn down the BBC studios, they never got blocked or their comments removed. I got blocked for asking for my money back. I think BBC will keep those stupid comments up there so that they can use them against Madonna and her fans.