BBC Radio 1 Boycotts Madonna. Fans rally and ANNIHILATE ageist DJs!

lautnerfied

What gets me is this Radio 1 says it has "a duty to their [young] listeners." As if ppl are calling up saying Hey, that last record you played was by someone over 50! The station banning her was a duty to THEMSELVES, for some kind of fucked up agenda to have control and spoon-feed everyone. Ban Madonna if you want, she'll survive, but don't LIE about it. Assholes.

I am curious, if the Spice Girls will do a comeback, each of them will be above 40. Will this radio station boycott them or do an excetion ?

Its really bullshit to boycott for the age.

It's amazing to see the response this is having. The fans are really coming out in force and it appears to have general support too which is great.

We need Madonna making some kind of comment on this for it to really create an important discussion and possibly change things though. I'm not sure how she could go about doing it but for her to acknowledge it would be the first step towards making this a winnable fight.

Regardless however and if it is sadly all swept under the rug in a week, I've never been prouder to be among Madonna fans! :madonna2:

I think she doesn't need to say anything. It's getting momentum already. The BBC saying older people are irrelavent and therefore do not deserve a spot on one of their channels is outraging enough. Not only do they piss off millions of listeners and spectators, what makes it even worse is that they piss off millions of people that actually pay (or I guess they even HAVE TO pay) for the public service that the BBC is supposed to be. The people that pay for that program to go on air. The people that pay the wages of those in charge at the BBC.

I wonder if the private media will use this to have a field day or if they keep quiet because it would make them a bunch of hypocrites considering they don't care about the elders either.

"This will be a revolution of inquiring further, of not needing to win other's approval, of not wishing you were someone else but perfectly content to be who you are. Someone unique and rare and fearless. I want to start a revolution of love."

:wow: :wow: :wow:

Fuck yeah!

Looooooooooove

78E8B746-4E3D-4A9B-8F6F-978D77F37EAF_zps

wow the facebook post is getting bombarded with madonna songs requests, 1356 comments of support so far

And Chelle gets banned for her contribution bahahahahaha :dead:

WOW.

This makes me furious. Like literally angry for real.

Pure admitted AGEISM. This needs to blow up and I hope they are shamed for it. Disgraceful.

Tell me about it! Ageism is really as bad as racism and homophobia, people really need to start realising it. It's been going on for far too long and it's getting worse. Madonna's age has NEVER been a problem when it comes to being successful, she fucking released COADF when she was 47!!! And we all know how much it smashed. But now her age is suddenly some huge obstacle?? What a bunch of bastards. And the COMMENTS on that Daily Mail article are horrible too.

Tweet this story to The Sun @sunnewsdesk

Either way, it's excellent exposure for Living For Love! Hopefully the press will pick up on it. 'People speak out against ageist Radio 1 policies' etc etc.