BBC Radio 1 Boycotts Madonna. Fans rally and ANNIHILATE ageist DJs!

lautnerfied

Any press is good press. This will draw attention to Madonna's new album

As I said in another thread, it's like not playing Beyonce because she's black. AGEISM is the most socially acceptable form of discrimination. Really sad.

ALSO: BBC RADIO 1 (and radio in general) is as "old" and "irrelevant" as they claim Madonna to be. Everyone goes online now. Youtube, Snapchat, Itunes radio, pandora, spotify, etc. No one cares about some twatty outdated radio station

It's the principle of it all though.. terrible

garbage (shirley manson)

if I was @madonna I would seriously contemplate suing BBC Radio 1 for discrimination in the workplace. Just for sport. S

:old: I love Shirley Manson.

In America, Kylie is like "WHO IS THAT?"

:rotfl:

It's probably William Baker

It's the principle of it all though.. terrible

Exactly! I sent my complaint in asking how age affects music quality..they guarantee to reply, so that should be interesting.

I'm glad they made this public because it was unnecessary and vile, they did not make similar comments about other musicians they don't play anymore for the same reasons BUT in doing so they adressed the elephant in the room that must be adressed : ageism against Madonna. All the other musicians old and new should be supportive because one day sooner or later it's gonna be them and they should feel outraged by this public segregation.

It's public radio paid with your taxes (i doubt their target audience pays the most taxes) and if you live in the UK and are outraged by this you should make sure your voice is heard.

It's public radio paid with your taxes (i doubt their target audience pays the most taxes) and if you live in the UK ansd are outraged by this you should make sure your voice is heard.

+1

I posted a blog about this on my Tumblr if anyone's interested.

http://dirtydietrich.tumblr.com/post/111117392523/madonna-banned-from-radio-1-uk-for-being-old-and

It's not much but I do have a couple thousand followers and I've encouraged people to share the article and take the issue further. It CANNOT be ignored.

Hey I've been following you! lol. I'm madmadonnawitch.tumblr.com !

garbage (shirley manson)

if I was @madonna I would seriously contemplate suing BBC Radio 1 for discrimination in the workplace. Just for sport. S

I wish younger acts be outrage! Artists today don't have zero opinions!! As always it's the established acts that speak up!! Useless acts today!! This could be you in years to come! Stand up!!

I'm fairly young and I can say that literally no one near my age even listens to the radio. I use an aux chord most of the time because if I had to listen to "Blank Space" by Taylor Swift 5 times in an hour, I'd off myself. So their argument about reaching a target audience is irrelevant because their so called target audience barely exists.

It's public radio paid with your taxes (i doubt their target audience pays the most taxes) and if you live in the UK and are outraged by this you should make sure your voice is heard.

Oh its public radio? I thought maybe Madonna could just buy the station and sack everyone.

I used to listen to the radio only when I was driving to work, but eventually I switched to cd's because I couldn't stand listening to Adele songs every 5 minutes each morning. I was losing the will to live.

^ He's right. I've always said this but Living For Love is a Radio 1 record being played on Radio 2 which is really odd.

If the lead single was something like Joan of Arc, then I could understand, but there's no reason why Radio 1 can't pop this on their C-list for a week (and prove they are willing to support older acts).

As a public service broadcaster, they will have to release some kind of statement soon if all this continues. Which will be very interesting indeed!

My complaint has gone to the bbc complaints through ofcom, I mentioned why is it acceptable to play Paul McCartney with Rihanna when he is his 60s, as a broadcaster not only are they coming across as ageist but sexist too and the whole route of being a licence fee payer.