Ms best and worst producers.

Ciccone's Cheeks

Yes, Timbaland. Justin, too, if he had any Hard Candy production credits.

Everyone else was at least decent. Babyface was good, but I'm glad there wasn't a second album. Same with Shep. I want to say Orbit was used one too many times. But he had the only songs I really liked on MDNA.

I REALLY would like to see her work with Nile again. He was wanting to, and was having a big comeback, I think this was a big missed opportunity.

Solveig

And whoever did Superstar :lol:

Those really stand out against her previous work

But every producer is hit and miss. I mean, Beautiful Killer is gorgeous. Let us not forget that.

Hey You is poo, but BGO and GI2M are cosmic greatness.

Little Star is wobbly, yet Skin is sublime.

In This Life is messy, but Deeper and Deeper is a powerhouse.

JimmyJimmy is perplexing, yet Papa Don't Preach is perfect

I can see the overrated and even the one trick pony thing but to call him one of the worst is a stretch IMO.

Anyway, these producers created MAGIC with Madonna:

1. Stephen Bray (ITG, PDP, EY... enough said)

2. Pat Leonard (LTT, LIB, LAP... enough said)

3. Orbit (Frozen, ROL, DW/SFL... enough said)

AMEN, the fact that his productions were not stellar in Music / MDNA (which is debatable) doesn't erase the fact that those 3 songs alone are simply among M's best

In all honesty, I think Madonna has done more for all of them than they have done for her. I am more convinced than ever before that she takes the lead in songwriting and production.

I agree with this. She brings out something from all her producers. Even if you listen to their other records they're not the same.

Not getting this hate for Martin Solveig. MDNA was not "great" because it doesn't have a musical identity. Had Solveig produced the whole album the product would've been so much better. She should've gone all the way with that retro bubblegum pop sound with the album. Yes, 12 tracks of GMAYL, Superstar, B'Day Song, Turn Up The Radio etc.

I can't quite figure out what went wrong with Solveig. I think the production itself on songs like Beautiful Killer, I Don't Give A F, and even TUTR and GMAYL weren't bad. I wouldn't have wanted him to do the whole album or anything. I hate those processed, nasally vocals that permeate the whole thing, I think it would've improved it greatly just redoing them. The lyrics were flat out awful on GMAYL, BDay Song, TUTR (she changed a lot and not for the better), so that certainly didn't help matters. No amount of production can save poor lyrics and lousy vocals. Masterpiece and I'm a Sinner were the only times she sounded decent.

Everyone completely forgets Reggie. I guess because Jellybean re-did BU and LS, and did Holiday by himself? Kamins did Everybody, so that only leaves Borderline he did all by himself. Again, like with Solveig, probably best she didn't repeat herself here.

Guest Madomination

I think the most overrated producer is Reggie Lucas. He produced Madonna's first album but her early chart success actually have little to do with him.

1. Everybody was produced by Mark Kamins.

2. Lucas produced her follow-up Burning Up/Physical Attraction....I suspect the latter song was really written by Madonna but credited to Lucas for whatever agreement or arrangement they had. This single was less successful but still do well enough in the dance charts so Sire greenlighted Madonna's album.

3. Her next single Holiday, her first top 20 was found by Jellybean for Madonna and produced by him.

4. Her first top 10 single was written by Lucas...but the version that was on the radio and became a hit was remixed by Jellybean.

5. Her first top 5 was Lucky Star...granted it was a Lucas production but the song was penned by Madonna herself....and it also benefited from the momentum built by Holiday and Borderline.

So, if anything, it is Jellybean who deserve more of the credit for Madonna's break into the Top 20 and above in the Hot 100 early in her career. He ironically, never produced a full album for her.

Edited by Madomination

• 2 weeks later...

To me Stephen Bray & Patrick Leonard are more like fantastic songwriters & musicians and not producers in the post-1989 Madonna sense of the word when she started looking for new and distinctive sounds and changed it up for practically each album since then.

Best:

Andre Betts

Babyface

Mirwais Ahmadzai

Stuart Price

The Neptunes

Worst:

David Foster

Marius DeVries

Paul Oakenfold

Benny Benassi / Alle Benassi

Martin Solveig

Best:

1. Patrick Leonard
2. Steven Bray

3. Stuart Price
4. Mirwais
5. William Orbit

Worst:

1. Martin Solveig
2. Dallas Austin
3. Dave "Jam" Hall
4. Anthony Shimkin
5. David Foster

Honorable Mention: Babyface - although most here hate him, I think both of his tracks save the Bedtime Stories album as Forbidden Love and Take A Bow are the stand-out tracks with the most memorable melodies. Though I have to say I dislike almost every other track Babyface did (those boring BoyzIIMen tracks). And I also like a lot of the Timbaland tracks on Hard Candy, though they are not as great as the stuff he did with Nelly Furtado.

Guest Pud Whacker

BEST:

Reggie Lucas

Stephen Bray

Mirwais

Stuart Price

Jellybean

Pat Leonard

Nile Rodgers

William Orbit

Worst:

None, i love them all and I listed the best.

BEST:

Reggie Lucas

Stephen Bray

Mirwais

Stuart Price

Jellybean

Pat Leonard

Nile Rodgers

William Orbit

Worst:

None, i love them all and I listed the best.

I am stunned Orbit made your fav list!

No Pharrell? Shep?

Guest Pud Whacker

I am stunned Orbit made your fav list!

No Pharrell? Shep?

Really? Frozen is one of my all time favorite madonna songs. Mer Girl is fabulous. Sky Fits Heaven so fly it whoop!!!! :lol:

I love pharrell because of Give It 2 Me! Her best song of the '00s IMO.

She's is cool, of course.

I can list them all for a reason. And list my favorites. :lol: