NEW Q&A: Madonna Talks '50 Shades of Grey' ('Not Very Sexy'), the Pope, etc.

Madonna on Using 'Bitch' in Her Songs: 'The Word Police Can F--k Off'

madonna-grammys-performance-2015-billboa

Madonna has never been one to sit idly by while critics tsk-tsk her. So when Billboard spoke with the pop icon for an upcoming Q&A (in the issue out Friday, Feb. 13), Madge had a blunt response for those who think the word bitch -- which she uses in not one but two Rebel Heart song titles -- should be banned.

"I think that's bullshit. The word police can f--- off," the singer -- who performed "Living for Love" at the Grammys on Feb. 8 -- tells Billboard. "I don't want to be policed! I'm not interested in political correctness."

Madonna Talks Leaks, Her 'Romantic & Rebellious' New Music

In Madonna's eyes, the use of the word is all about context. "If I say to you, 'I'm a badass bitch,' I'm owning myself, I'm saying, 'I'm strong, I'm tough, and don't mess with me.' If I say, 'Why are you being such a bitch to me?,' well, that means something else."

When pressed on the issue and asked about the way language can reflect power dynamics and oppression, Madonna says conflating language with action is misleading.

Grammys 2015: Performances Ranked From Worst to Best

"Language, and the use of language, is different than one human physically abusing somebody or bullying somebody, or killing somebody because of the color of their skin or their sexual preference or their religious beliefs," Madonna says. "I don't think the two should get mixed up."

Read the full Madonna Q&A on Friday, Feb. 13

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6472648/madonna-word-police-using-bitch-in-music-interview

---

I will post the full Q&A here tomorrow!

Can't wait ! Thanks !

^ Yeah.

People are always looking for easy ways to get attention and on social media this has bred a particularly nasty sect known as "The Always Offended". One feigns rage and deep offense at the most innocuous thing, allowing others to join in and play self righteous moral compass for a few days... until attention wanes and they're left to begin the cycle all over with the next non-event.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Brilliant stuff. Love how Madonna acknowledges so much about herself - past and present. Her regrets are more personal about not being grateful and compassionate enough rather than career regrets which shows her strong character and how she is willing to admit to things. Plus, how she also acknowledges that she has opened the door for all female music stars and in years to come, they won't cop the garbage she is copping now for being sexual as she is older. Love that she hates this whole "politically correct" era which is producing so many precious outraged sheep who can't think for themselves.

Thanks for posting ! My favourite parts :-

1. She loves The Fall

2. She was in Ibiza - How did we miss that ???!!

3. This quote "I continue to express myself -- my sexuality -- in my 50s, even though that's also considered taboo, and I get a lot of shit for it. But in 20 years, Miley Cyrus probably won't get shit for it. Then, it'll be like, "Oh, yeah, that's nothing new."

When you look back on your career, what part do you think you played in changing taboos about growing up female in America?

I don't think there was one part. I think it's an ongoing activity in my life. I'm continuing to open doors for the women behind me. I don't know many women who have had a successful career in pop music as long as I've had. And I waited until I was older to have children. I raised children and wasn't married. And I continue to express myself -- my sexuality -- in my 50s, even though that's also considered taboo, and I get a lot of shit for it. But in 20 years, Miley Cyrus probably won't get shit for it. Then, it'll be like, "Oh, yeah, that's nothing new."

GENIUS , SLAY QUEEN .

And I continue to express myself -- my sexuality -- in my 50s, even though that's also considered taboo, and I get a lot of shit for it. But in 20 years, Miley Cyrus probably won't get shit for it. Then, it'll be like, "Oh, yeah, that's nothing new."

This needs to be engraved in a time capsule for posterity. She has never been more accurate and history has proved her right and will prove her right.

Madonna knows best. Oh she knows .

On the other hand, if you're a pop star and want to get your records played and reach the masses, you have to play it very safe. You have to be very politically correct. There aren't a lot of young pop stars who actually have opinions -- or, they have them but they don't express them. Individuality is not encouraged. Keeping your brand going and not rocking the boat -- that's what is encouraged.

And I continue to express myself -- my sexuality -- in my 50s, even though that's also considered taboo, and I get a lot of shit for it. But in 20 years, Miley Cyrus probably won't get shit for it. Then, it'll be like, "Oh, yeah, that's nothing new."

This needs to be engraved in a time capsule for posterity. She has never been more accurate and history has proved her right and will prove her right.

YES!

That was a good interview.

I don't think there was one part. I think it's an ongoing activity in my life. I'm continuing to open doors for the women behind me. I don't know many women who have had a successful career in pop music as long as I've had. And I waited until I was older to have children. I raised children and wasn't married. And I continue to express myself -- my sexuality -- in my 50s, even though that's also considered taboo, and I get a lot of shit for it. But in 20 years, Miley Cyrus probably won't get shit for it. Then, it'll be like, "Oh, yeah, that's nothing new."

This is why I love her, GENIUS! she is a genius.

I love her interviews this era, brilliant.

vehjzgu.gif

:dead::dead: This damn GIF has ruined the experience of listening to Joan of Arc for me! Everytime I listen to it now, this cunt's image appears in my mind... WTF! LOL