Madonna On Grindr, Contest!

On 2/13/2015 at 6:37 PM, XXL said:

Are you talking about clubs or radio?

Because she's still the Queen of US club land as the Billboard Dance Chart indicates. Almost every single song she's released in the past gazillion years wound up reaching the top spot there so I don't understand what you are saying tbh. People in their teens and twenties in the US don't know who she is? Misinformed, naive nonsense. Or just another troll's provocation.

Either way. NO

Get yourself a DJ gig, spend some time in the dance music industry, and come talk to me again in 10 years.

Edited by DJMichaelAngelo

I got this too go to the site bit I can't get anything to happen is it bcuz I'm doing it on my cellphone Edited by johnpaul911

Wow. Your ignorance knows no bounds *smh* There are so many things wrong with your blissfully clueless attitude, I hardly know where to begin. Tell me please what your experience is as a DJ here in America? You definitely sound like quite the expert in the music industry so please, educate me!

If you had bothered to click on my FB page I linked, you'd see I spin regular DJ gigs at LGBT clubs all over Michigan, and have for the last 16 years. If you had taken the time to wipe the drool off your crusty slobber-covered keyboard long enough to read my long explanation of the Billboard club chart (or click on the Wikipedia link) you'd see that it's not necessarily an accurate representation of what's actually played in the real world, especially at smaller and mid-sized clubs in middle America. No club I've ever been in at any city has ever played a Yoko Ono song, to my knowledge, yet her remixed singles regularly chart at #1 on the Billboard Club Chart. (Don't believe me? Look it up.)

Then again I wouldn't expect a wannabe-expert like yourself to understand something like this. Get yourself a DJ gig, spend some time in the dance music industry, and come talk to me again in 10 years. And work on your attitude too please. I'm guessing XXL must refer to the size of your ego?

yikes! i have to agree with you on this. i've been in the nyc club scene for over 10 years and close to plenty of DJ's ...

honestly, kids today don't even know who she is anymore. i know that sounds crazy but I've come across a few people who really didn't know who she was and many don't care...hate to say it but it's true.

Current teenagers born in the mid-late 90s & after have had far less exposure to Madonna and her "power" if you will than say, kids my generation and before (I was born in '86).

Just like I had very little exposure to John Lennon or The Rolling Stones. By the time I was 5 years old they were already pretty removed from mainstream radio and they weren't MTV artists. I knew of their power and importance in a very nebulous way; they were just a name that commanded respect but as a teenager, I'd listen to shitty pop music and hardly knew any Rolling Stones songs and maybe 3 Beatles songs. As I became an adult, I explored more into legendary artists and their discography, but that came with time etc.

Madonna is on her way down the same path. Madonna is an MTV Artist, a dying breed, in a sea of YouTube artists.

Just because kids these days are ignorant to how instrumental and vital she has been to pop music over several decades doesn't diminish her acheivments or relevance. It's just gonna be awhile (probably when Madonna is an abuelita) for them to acknowledge it.

Personally I am glad Madonna isn't lumped in with Ariana Grande and Taylor Swift. She is respected and acknowledged as one of the last true American rock n roll icons. Sure she is maligned and criticized still to this day, underlining her continued relevance, but all in all, Madonna is still a very revered woman in pop culture. She is to current teenagers what The Rolling Stones or Elvis were to me as a little kid - an important name, an important face, without me really knowing why or caring. But now I do care. They will too eventually.

On 2/14/2015 at 12:01 AM, Ai Papi Si. said:

Current teenagers born in the mid-late 90s & after have had far less exposure to Madonna and her "power" if you will than say, kids my generation and before (I was born in '86).

Just like I had very little exposure to John Lennon or The Rolling Stones. By the time I was 5 years old they were already pretty removed from mainstream radio and they weren't MTV artists. I knew of their power and importance in a very nebulous way; they were just a name that commanded respect but as a teenager, I'd listen to shitty pop music and hardly knew any Rolling Stones songs and maybe 3 Beatles songs. As I became an adult, I explored more into legendary artists and their discography, but that came with time etc.

Madonna is on her way down the same path. Madonna is an MTV Artist, a dying breed, in a sea of YouTube artists.

Just because kids these days are ignorant to how instrumental and vital she has been to pop music over several decades doesn't diminish her acheivments or relevance. It's just gonna be awhile (probably when Madonna is an abuelita) for them to acknowledge it.

Personally I am glad Madonna isn't lumped in with Ariana Grande and Taylor Swift. She is respected and acknowledged as one of the last true American rock n roll icons. Sure she is maligned and criticized still to this day, underlining her continued relevance, but all in all, Madonna is still a very revered woman in pop culture. She is to current teenagers what The Rolling Stones or Elvis were to me as a little kid - an important name, an important face, without me really knowing why or caring. But now I do care. They will too eventually.

THANK YOU for validating what I was trying to say! (albeit with a lot more eloquance and a lot less venom than I did) *lol* Casually working the word "nebulous" into conversation is so damn smart & sophisticated. And Mensch, thank you too for your observations from "out in the trenches" of clubland :)

Edited by DJMichaelAngelo

yikes! i have to agree with you on this. i've been in the nyc club scene for over 10 years and close to plenty of DJ's ...

honestly, kids today don't even know who she is anymore. i know that sounds crazy but I've come across a few people who really didn't know who she was and many don't care...hate to say it but it's true.

Hope you are not right, but guess you are since you regularly go out. Use to go out all the time n NY before settling down. During Confessions M new music was still regularly played in clubs. Remember hearing her new music after HC was released in NY and clubs outside of NY while traveling.

i wrote a whole fucking reply and I'm high and my phone deleted it...I don't want to write it again but I'll try.

Woooow you just served the T. We should hang out. 😝😝😝

I was born in 86 and I can understand where you're coming from.

For me, being brought up with 3 gay older brothers, I kind of always knew she was the best. My oldest brother always hinted she would outlast everyone else (even with the least vocal talent)...I also felt this special quality to her that identifies with me. She was so polarizing because of the things she'd say and do but so perfect in everything she does and how she looked.

My oldest brother told me he'd sing me like a prayer, live to tell, luck star as lullibies when I was a baby. Anyway I steered off topic a bit but yeah.

Point is you're right, I think the '86-87 born were the last few generations that experienced the break between two different, evolving worlds. Technology, fame, music videos and Madonna was very big in that, before that and afterward for a long time so we saw a lot of great peaks in her career. Now, not so much and yet I also think she's doing just fine.

I hope kids do learn but I just think this "newer" newer generation of kids, won't have the time or interest in looking back cause things are "SEEMINGLY" moving so fast within social media that there's no effort. Sadly. It's like a time capsule and it's happened to every other artist too.

Hope you are not right, but guess you are since you regularly go out. Use to go out all the time n NY before settling down. During Confessions M new music was still regularly played in clubs. Remember hearing her new music after HC was released in NY and clubs outside of NY while traveling.

There were big moments during confessions and hard candy...the initial response was big but it sort of fell flat after the first singles. The parties were big and she's get radio play for hung up and 4 minutes. DJ's played plenty of Confessions and Hard Candy tracks. But people don't care as much. Even in discussion. Occasionally I find a loon like myself and its like this magical moment!

"Oh you get it!"

"Yes."

Awesome! Ok so what'd you think of the Grammys?"

😂😂😂😂

Guest ditaluver

Ugh I've made a gazillion edits and they still won't allow my #rebeltits ughhhhh

Fuck your terms of service. For real you're a hook up site. Let the tits fly

Ugh I've made a gazillion edits and they still won't allow my #rebeltits ughhhhh

Fuck your terms of service. For real you're a hook up site. Let the tits fly

:lmao::lmao:

I couldn't resist....probably won't win but it was still fun taking these pictures *lol*

10403126_777300492346566_361662228846824

https://www.facebook.com/mikeboerman/media_set?set=a.777269182349697.1073741827.100001998686423