JOAN OF ARC

CJM

This song is too incredible for words....with a glass of wine, you better bring a kleenex!

I wish I could take a pic right now... Glass of rosê to one side of me and a box of tissue to the other. :rotfl:

I'm listening to "Iconic" though, so I'm good.

Me loves it. It was a little darker and sadder in its demo version and the final version is more uplifting :voiceofreason: .

I agree... the slower version is so sad. I feel the final version is a bit more hopeful, which I think fits with the overall album better. But, I would like to get an official release of the slow version.

"Each time they take a photograph I lose a part I can't get back... I want to hide. This is the part where I detach."

Of the songs addressing her fame, this is one of the most heartbreaking lyrics she's written. Great song and a standout moment on the album.

Those lyrics are heart achingly sad and beautiful. The whole song is. With Joan of Arc, Ghosttown and Devil Prays - Madonna shows everyone exactly how to do an emotional ballad with integrity. She is such an incredible artist. Her Dance, pop and love songs are the best of that style in the business and her ballads are more emotional, sensitive and poignant than anyone else's as well.

Those lyrics are heart achingly sad and beautiful. The whole song is. With Joan of Arc, Ghosttown and Devil Prays - Madonna shows everyone exactly how to do an emotional ballad with integrity. She is such an incredible artist. Her Dance, pop and love songs are the best of that style in the business and her ballads are more emotional, sensitive and poignant than anyone else's as well.

THIS.

I think it starts off more solemn and then becomes a bit more uplifting as it goes on. This song is definitely a high-point on the album in terms of lyricism; it's pure honesty and emotion. And I can get over how smooth her voice is :o

HOLY MOTHER OF CHRIST!!!! THIS SONG IS GORGEOUS!!!!! :inlove:

The first M song in ages that made me cry. So beautiful.

I know I shouldn't have listened to the demo, but I would not listen to JOA in its final form anyway - so, I'm not missing out. The added changes in production take away from the melody of the chorus. The changes are unnecessary. It has lost its meaning now; it breaks the poetry of the lyrics. It's the only final song I don't like. The demo is one of the greatest songs she has ever sung, and they sodomized it.

Wow what a beautiful song. One of her best songs ever. Did not think of it being sung to her fans, but it totally fits! I'm just in complete love with this song

Yeah, its beautiful... my current fav now.

omfg!!!!

there are singers the lose creativity after one album

i can't believe after 30+ years she delivers such a gem of a song

so simple, so heartfelt, so effective, so moving

i love everything of this song, with her best lyrics in years and years...

...and her trembling voice....

:dramatic::dramatic::dramatic:

(btw, what's the difference with the demo?)