JOAN OF ARC

CJM

I love Some Girls, but I don't want it hijacking Joan's thread!

Love when M sings "they wouldn't say it to my face." So true!

I can NOT relate to the people who find this song "cheesy" !!!!

I am living for this song right now. I have not heard the demo but from the descriptions it reminds of the comparison of Drowned World to the demo. The demo "No Substitute For Love" makes me cry every time because I believe it contains the heart of that song. The album version Is made more complex and covers several thoughts and emotions. I think it makes it a more thought provoking song than the pure emotion in the demo.

Guest Hunterlas

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde.

As great as it is, that story has NOTHING to do with what Madonna is singing about.

Edited by Hunterlas

Guest Pud Whacker

As great as it is, that story has NOTHING to do with what Madonna is singing about.

I'm certainly not saying it is. I was giving a title to whatever it is that person was describing.

This song is neither of what I wrote.

Now go fuck your hole.

Guest Hunterlas

I'm certainly not saying it is. I was giving a title to whatever it is that person was describing.

This song is neither of what I wrote.

Now go fuck your hole.

You attempted to look like a well read person by bringing Oscar Wild into this and in the prosses ended up making a fool of yourself and talking out of your ass... live with it.

You attempted to look like a well read person by bringing Oscar Wild into this and in the prosses ended up making a fool of yourself and talking out of your ass... live with it.

1. He wasn't

2. What's with the attitude?

Guest Hunterlas

1. He wasn't

2. What's with the attitude?

He comes and tells me "go fuck your hole" just because I disagreed with him and you are asking ME "whats with the attitude"? Are you kidding me with this?

Guest Pud Whacker

i didnt attempt anything except maybe to spell his last name correctly. now, i thought i told you go FUCK YOUR HOLE!!! :ass:

Guest Hunterlas

i didnt attempt anything except maybe to spell his last name correctly. now, i thought i told you go FUCK YOUR HOLE!!! :ass:

Well, his name was about the one thing you got right. Please instead of fantasizing about my ass, go read the actual book, you illiterate fuck!

Edited by Hunterlas

I remember reading years ago of Madonna loving the movie Joan of Arc with Ingrid Bergman who she admired greatly. I absolutely love this song. Such a beautiful melody and message. So poignant, sad and dramatic all at the same time. Already one of my favourite Madonna ballads.

I remember reading years ago of Madonna loving the movie Joan of Arc with Ingrid Bergman who she admired greatly. I absolutely love this song. Such a beautiful melody and message. So poignant, sad and dramatic all at the same time. Already one of my favourite Madonna ballads.

I am in love with it also, Jan. Completely awestruck. Blown away, to be quite honest.

Guest Hunterlas

I am in love with it also, Jan. Completely awestruck. Blown away, to be quite honest.

^ dude, seriously! Im FLOORED by this track too... This is just gorgeous. This is truly special.

Edited by Hunterlas

All three of the new songs are over 100k plays on Youtube.

To me this seems as though people are liking them! The itunes pre-order download is one thing, but for all these people to stream songs that are not being promoted at all on radio or by video seems like a good sign :)

Edited: I apologize. Hold Tight is at 74k but the other two are over 100k.

I love all three versions of this track and have a strong feeling that months from now this song will be the #1 most played/listened to tracks from this album for me.

Since were on the ballads subject, i think she should have opened this album with Heartbreak City and released a ballad as a first single, such as HB City or Ghosttown. Im not sure if I see Joan of Arc as a good first single but why the hell not.

Here's the thing about Madonna. She drops a song like Ghosttown, and I am literally in hysterics thinking it's the best thing in years by anyone and that the album can't possibly have anything else as good. And then I hear Joan of Arc, and it's like, no, THIS is the best thing ever. I mean, she just overshadows her own fucking masterpiece so effortlessly. I'm almost scared to hear the rest of the album.

Here's the thing about Madonna. She drops a song like Ghosttown, and I am literally in hysterics thinking it's the best thing in years by anyone and that the album can't possibly have anything else as good. And then I hear Joan of Arc, and it's like, no, THIS is the best thing ever. I mean, she just overshadows her own fucking masterpiece so effortlessly. I'm almost scared to hear the rest of the album.

YAASSS!!! OMG there's more goods in the rest of the album.

:smooch:

after listening (a lot) to the track i'm realizing now that the only thing i'm missing (not a critic, just personal tastes and i love 100% the song how it is) is a guitar break somewhere in the middle of the song....

after listening (a lot) to the track i'm realizing now that the only thing i'm missing (not a critic, just personal tastes and i love 100% the song how it is) is a guitar break somewhere in the middle of the song....

Vande, just for you, here is a guitar break :lmao: Hope you enjoy.

mca-guitar-smash-o.gif