JOAN OF ARC

CJM

The final version sounds FINISHED.......something the demo did not sound and I do like the demo. It wouldn't have fit being as bare as it was though. Madonna already released the AL album, she doesn't need to do it again.

Those stuck on the demos need to move on! That wasn't Madonnas fully realized vision of the song.

Of course it's better but Superstar is to MDNA what Joan is to Rebel Heart: the cheesiest song

I found Superstar to be a shitfest of a song to be honest . I hated it on MDNA . Joan of Arc for me is better lyrically and the melodically and the production is fantastic . I have no idea why you think it's so cheesy .

How can you think these lyrics are cheesy ?

Even horse made out of steel can break down

You'll always be my soldier

I can depend on

Anything they did to me, said to me

Doesn't mean a thing, cause you're here with me now

Even when the world turns its back on me

There can be war but I'm not going down

Even hearts made out of steel can break down

Anything they did to me, said to me

Doesn't mean a thing, cause you're here with me now

Even when the world turns its back on me

There can be war but I'm not going down

:)

Y'all are crazy if you think the demo is better than the final... I always thought the demo needed improving - something needed to be done to it, and they finished it perfectly. But enough about those comparisons - save it for the demo spoiler thread.

You really have to put yourself in the mindset of hearing the tracks for the first time when listening to the final versions... and I am happy to see the reaction and love to this glorious little song (not just here either - I am seeing it from a bunch of places).

It is beyond gorgeous, and one of her best of all time. With tracks like this on it, this album might be landing in my top five albums of hers when all is said and done. :-)

I didn't hear the demo, but this song is about as far from happy as I can imagine! This is ONLY opinion, but it's been making me cry!

If this made you cry,the acoustic /demo version will tear you apart :cries:

To me the upbeat tempo changes the whole mood,but I still adore it.The demo gave me the same exact feeling Frozen,Take a Bow, or Live To Tell gave me when I first heard them,the final version with it's upbeat,easy going melody just turned it into any other song,I think she should have gone the 'less is more' route on this one and left it as it is. And I have never been the type of fan who prefers and clings onto demos over the final version on this album or any past albums...but this is one major exception.Oh well maybe it'll grow on me and I'm hoping the acoustic version does get a release in some way.I would easily put it up there as one of my top personal favorites

Guest Pud Whacker

The final version sounds FINISHED.......something the demo did not sound and I do like the demo. It wouldn't have fit being as bare as it was though. Madonna already released the AL album, she doesn't need to do it again.

Those stuck on the demos need to move on! That wasn't Madonnas fully realized vision of the song.

"Those stuck on the demos need to move on!"

Hallelujah!

#LIVINGFORLOVE!!!!

In all honesty, for someone to compare this song to Superstar just seems like trolling. Or that you are on some substance.

Let's pretend B'day song, superstar and some girls never existed. :scared: Joan Of Arc is quality and one of her best songs.

This song shows what a great songwriter she is! You have this amazing opening verse. Then she hits you with a killer double chorus! Then the lovely and exquisite "everything they said to me" part! Or maybe that is the chorus, and the "I don't want to talk about it right now" is the pre chorus?! Then just when you think it can't get any better, that GORGEOUS bridge! This is why I never get sick of her songs: she loads these three and four minute tunes with so many epic sections!

Fuck everyone in the world who doesn't think she's a good songwriter!

With any justice, THIS will be next year's Grammy winner for Best Song.

Madonna: busting out absolute gems for thirty three years!!!!!!

Interesting, I just saw a documentary on how in ancient times people believed that having someone paint a portrait of you, would literally take a part of your essence/soul in order to have it come out perfect. And if the portrait had enough of "you" embedded into it through brush strokes and paint, it could even charm someone. People could literally be under a love spell towards the person depicted in the portrait. But the belief was that too many portraits of one person would leave him/her without their own essence/soul. And if someone burned a portrait, it could also be felt as passing but terrible pain by the person who's face was on that portrait. A Greek princess Sophie sent a portrait of herself to a Russian tzar. He fell under its spell and soon married Sophie who became one of the greatest Empresses of Russia.

Guest Pud Whacker

Interesting, I just saw a documentary on how in ancient times people believed that having someone paint a portrait of you, would literally take a part of your essence/soul in order to have it come out perfect. And if the portrait had enough of "you" embedded into it through brush strokes and paint, it could even charm someone. People could literally be under a love spell towards the person depicted in the portrait. But the belief was that too many portraits of one person would leave him/her without their own essence/soul. And if someone burned a portrait, it could also be felt as passing but terrible pain by the person who's face was on that portrait. A Greek princess Sophie sent a portrait of herself to a Russian tzar. He fell under its spell and soon married Sophie who became one of the greatest Empresses of Russia.

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde

American Indians believed photographs steal a piece of the soul.

Some Girls is epic!!

Some Girls is one of the best!!! Orbit posted a remix recently that is one of my favs, Mdna had some very good stuff. lets not forget....