JOAN OF ARC

CJM

I still love Joan Of Arc but i really really think that it got a bit screwed on this production... this final version is even missing a line "you'll always be my soldier, i can depend on" :(

I love it. I'm pleased she got rid of the 'soldier' lyric.

why?? wow... i thought that line was really beautiful... the way she sing again "im not joan of arc, not yet" in the place of "you'll always be my soldier" seems out of place in the uptempo production of this final version... :mellow:

I agree... the slower version is so sad. I feel the final version is a bit more hopeful, which I think fits with the overall album better. But, I would like to get an official release of the slow version.

Maybe she will release a single with the slow version on it as a B-side among with some remixes... there's still hope for it :lol:

I was a bit skeptical of the album version even after hearing it a couple times.... but now it's completely clicked. Both versions are incredible in their own way

Definitely in the running to be my favorite song from the album.

CAN YOU IMAGINE THE LIVE VERSION SINGING IT TO THE FANS!?! So many tears and smiles, I can't wait

This song has truly ripped my heart out! I'm sorry to keep bumping the thread! You guys have lucked out that I didn't listen to the leaks and have been relatively quiet, because I am gonna be SINGING THE PRAISES of these songs from the top of the roofs!

This song makes me sad and makes me want to play it for all the haters. It's so damn catchy, meaningful, melodic.

Who is she singing to? Her fans? Guy? Lola? Rocco? David? Mercy? Secret boyfriend? Her mother's memory? Jesus?

Or is it just fictionalized and could be anybody?

Madonna has done it again :inlove:

Feel bad for everyone with a different favorite singer who can't deliver utter gems like we get!!!

I think it's a fantasy in her head, she sings it to someone she doesn't have (at least not yet), but wishes she did.

What a beautiful song...it's currently my fav track.

This song has truly ripped my heart out! I'm sorry to keep bumping the thread! You guys have lucked out that I didn't listen to the leaks and have been relatively quiet, because I am gonna be SINGING THE PRAISES of these songs from the top of the roofs!

This song makes me sad and makes me want to play it for all the haters. It's so damn catchy, meaningful, melodic.

Who is she singing to? Her fans? Guy? Lola? Rocco? David? Mercy? Secret boyfriend? Her mother's memory? Jesus?

Or is it just fictionalized and could be anybody?

Madonna has done it again :inlove:

Feel bad for everyone with a different favorite singer who can't deliver utter gems like we get!!!

bump the thread how much you want!!! :laugh:

the power of MAdonna!!!! :inlove::inlove:

I wish I hadn't heard the demo cause it sounded SO MUCH BETTER than the final version, the demo sounded more raw and genuine, this sounds more 'happy' and generic and doesn't do justice to the lyrics imo.I hope if she sings this on tour it'd be a bare performance, just her voice and the guitar(like Gone in Drowned World) less is more.

I wish I hadn't heard the demo cause it sounded SO MUCH BETTER than the final version, the demo sounded more raw and genuine, this sounds more 'happy' and generic and doesn't do justice to the lyrics imo.I hope if she sings this on tour it'd be a bare performance, just her voice and the guitar(like Gone in Drowned World) less is more.

It is a bit more beefed up, but still works. I treat the demo like a well worked sketch and the album version the final painting.

I didn't hear the demo, but this song is about as far from happy as I can imagine! This is ONLY opinion, but it's been making me cry!

One of the best Madonna songs since the 80s in my opinion.

Same for loads more songs on this album that I've heard so far.

Rebel Heart album so far shits all over MDNA, Hard Candy, Confessions, American Life (obv), Music and Erotica.

Possibly also Ray of Light and Bedtime Stories - but I don't want to commit to that opinion yet. :-)

Rebel Heart album so far shits all over MDNA, Hard Candy, Confessions, American Life (obv), Music and Erotica.

Possibly also Ray of Light and Bedtime Stories - but I don't want to commit to that opinion yet. :-)

Yes, this album has already surpassed MDNA and HC EASILY!

Confessions, AL and Music are my absolute favorite M albums ever (the holy trifecta). This album could even surpass Confessions (!!!) but I need to hear rest of the tracks first. However, RH wont touch glorious AL or magnificent Music, or at least I feel like that now. Time will tell..

Yes, this album has already surpassed MDNA and HC EASILY!

Confessions, AL and Music are my absolute favorite M albums ever (the holy trifecta). This album could even surpass Confessions (!!!) but I need to hear rest of the tracks first. However, RH wont touch glorious AL or magnificent Music, or at least I feel like that now. Time will tell..

:-)

I find it difficult personally to be objective about these things cos I must admit that in 2003 and 2000 I was raving about American Life and Music.

So I have to remind myself of that - when I say what I just did about Rebel Heart (shitting over everything from the last 2 decades).

But I honestly can't remember when I so LOVED Madonna songs as much as I love the RH songs I've heard - except back when I was a kid in the 80s and I was obsessed with the songs off TB, WTG, LAP etc.

Joan of Arc is for me, a complete masterpiece of a song, the likes of which I haven't heard from her in decades. It's STUNNING in the extreme. The melodies on this album are off the scale. The lyrics are mind blowingly good.

It's her first album since Confessions that deserves a proper place in her discography. Being so original and well crafted, it can't be compared to any other album, just the same that Music can't be compared to BS or American Life to True Blue or Like a Prayer to Erotica. You can't compare Rebel Heart to any other album. She has never done an album like that!

Guest Madomination

Just heard the official finalized version.

The demo is much better..... :s703:

She apparently changed some of the lyrics in the chorus...which in the end only made it more repetitious. :snore:

I'm so in love with this song right now and for me it represents her love for her children and the love they

have for her . No matter how much people tried to hurt her , they don't matter because you ( her kids ) are here with her now .

And they love her and that's all that matters .

That's the message I got from this fantastic song .

oh my rebel heart...give me the supernatural power to FLUSH from the planet whoever comes in this thread not liking or making comparisons with a f**ing demo of this MASTERPIECE of a song!!!!!

oh...a man can dream.....

Guest Madomination

oh my rebel heart...give me the supernatural power to FLUSH from the planet whoever comes in this thread not liking or making comparisons with a f**ing demo of this MASTERPIECE of a song!!!!!

:fuckoff::ass::tongue::abuse:

Superstar .. god how could you ? This is far more superior melody and lyric wise and the production is heavenly .

I don't understand why this troll has not been banned yet. Honestly guys. That's beyond me.

I agree that the demo sounds a bit more touching, but the final version sounds far more alive and original.

Superstar .. god how could you ? This is far more superior melody and lyric wise and the production is heavenly .

Of course it's better but Superstar is to MDNA what Joan is to Rebel Heart: the cheesiest song

The Lyrics is so beautiful and heartbreaking BUT she refuses to play the victim and instead chose the sing " I'm not going down ."

I love that and I've not heard a Madonna's ballad this good in years . The quality of this album is astounding .