JOAN OF ARC

CJM

with the same voice? it sounds good, as a proper ballad...maybe live!

Not exactly the same. And there's a little bit of change in the lyrics. For example, she doesn't sing "I'm only human" in the demo...

This is a big surprise for me. I didn't listen to the demo so I didn't expect this .

This beginning is so beautiful and the beat is very surprising in a very good way .

I know I shouldn't have listened to the demo, but I would not listen to JOA in its final form anyway - so, I'm not missing out. The added changes in production take away from the melody of the chorus. The changes are unnecessary. It has lost its meaning now; it breaks the poetry of the lyrics. It's the only final song I don't like. The demo is one of the greatest songs she has ever sung, and they sodomized it.

I'm with you on this, I adore the demo it is so honest it's almost Oh Father level, this is closer to to Have and not to Hold, which is beautiful but...

I saw Morcheeba a few years ago and they pulled punches at the end of the set before doing the most beautiful first encore, just Skye and a guitar, before blasting off again for a second encore (they did Music!) and I can really see Joan Of Arc as a first encore after Living For Love

Guest rocketman

The demo is much more somber. And also has a 'You'll always be my soldier" in the lyrics. The final version is more uplifting and radio ready. I could easily see it as a single. Its def one of my favs.

^ So did she replace "you'll always be my soldier" with "I'm only human?" Same spot in the song?

After only listening to this GEM twice, I have the chorus stuck in my head. Brilliant!

Guest Madomination

So....Joan of Arc the finalized version is better than the demo??? :huh:

There just be may hope for Heartbreak City... :mellow:

I...I...I...I....... :(

I have just texted twenty people telling them this is the best Madonna song in a decade. Seriously this is the type of song that even a hater will love. I gotta calm down or I'll be making proclamations like "this is in my all time Madonna top five."

I have just texted twenty people telling them this is the best Madonna song in a decade. Seriously this is the type of song that even a hater will love. I gotta calm down or I'll be making proclamations like "this is in my all time Madonna top five."

I know you would like it !!

And expect something as much good (if not better) for Heartbreack City and Messiah...

I know you would like it !!

And expect something as much good (if not better) for Heartbreack City and Messiah...

Are you serious?!?! Holy Mother of God I just jumped into the air! :inlove:

I listened it from the leak a few days ago and although it's the same version i didn't quite like it.Now that i'm listening the official release i love it ,the real hq of itunes adds to the song

The demo was cute and everything, but the album version breathes LIFE into the song - while still maintaining the melancholic / sombre feeling of the demo.

I love it! Every part of it. Once again, I'm amazed on how layered the songs are (I think I can make out a choir in the last chorus?). The production for this album really seems to be stellar!

This song is so effortlessly gorgeous and dripping with emotion. No other singer could do this justice. No one! Madonna makes the rest of my top ten artists seem like NOTHING. She means THE WORLD to me. Xoxoxoxoxoxox

This song has truly ripped my heart out! I'm sorry to keep bumping the thread! You guys have lucked out that I didn't listen to the leaks and have been relatively quiet, because I am gonna be SINGING THE PRAISES of these songs from the top of the roofs!

This song makes me sad and makes me want to play it for all the haters. It's so damn catchy, meaningful, melodic.

Who is she singing to? Her fans? Guy? Lola? Rocco? David? Mercy? Secret boyfriend? Her mother's memory? Jesus?

Or is it just fictionalized and could be anybody?

Madonna has done it again :inlove:

Feel bad for everyone with a different favorite singer who can't deliver utter gems like we get!!!