Hold Tight!

I was less impressed with the demo (liked it but didn't love it). The album version is Epic but so is the MNEK version. I love this song now. The changes were made, I'm sure because of the leaks, but it really worked for this one.

Guest Medoner

I wouldve liked to hear some of the different lyrics from the demo in the final but altogether i think the final is awesomeee

I could see HT being a sequal to GT...(like TAB/YS)...no? But then again, I could see a whole video (or short movie) for all of these great RH songs! Every song, performance, interview, video....it just keeps getting better and better!! I, personally, haven't been this excited and in awe with promo since....maybe....Confessions era?! HT is deff one of MY favorites (but I'm starting to say that about EVERY RH song)!!!

What is the proper chorus lyric? I'm seeing it written differently all over the place.... is it -

"Lights off, we're burning so bright" or "Like stars, we're burning so bright"?

I'm seeing "Lights off" all over the place.

The initial demo was a grower for me, then the released version sounded nice and fresh. THEN i hear demo 5 with MNEK which blows them all out of the water. How did not think that was the best and finest version of the song. it contains all the elements of the song ("No matter what the world....."), and has some really nice production flourishes. it just sounds like a much more fleshed out version of the track - better production and just overall better song. ive swapped it out in all of my tracklistings of the album.

I know a lot of people are adamant that the final versions are the ones she wanted us to hear - and therefore the only ones that matter, but she's admitted herself that some of the final versions were changed because she felt they had to, not because it was the version she felt was best.

Hold Tight demo 5 should definitely fall under that category to my mind. I played it in the car to a friend who had only heard the released version and they were blown away by its superiority.

H&M is playing Hold Tight in their stores =]

they also always played hard candy (or confessions? but i think hard candy) H&M likes her. heard it a lot of times not just once. same with urban outfitters (the LAP album) and they also have vinyls

I could see HT being a sequal to GT...(like TAB/YS)...no?

Yes, not only thematically but also in how at the end of each chorus there's a fade out and almost a silence, as if the song were about to end... And then it starts again. This happens at the end of each section on both songs (which also reminds me of Gang Bang).

I LOVE both the album version and Demo 5. Maybe with more time, there would have been a way to combine the best elements of both... the superior breakdown in the final with added vocals of Demo 5. I'm sure a talented fan could pull something off (as they already have with the song Rebel Heart).

I just enjoy both as multiple versions of one song - kind of like we use to get back in the 80s/early 90s with various different mixes of one song, in that it felt like you had multiple versions of one song (without them becoming noisy club remixes).

tour opener - tour opener - tour opener - tour opener - tour opener - tour opener - tour opener - tour opener - tour opener - tour opener - tour opener - tour opener - tour opener - tour opener - tour opener - tour opener - tour opener - tour opener - tour opener - tour opener - tour opener -

I love the final version the best because it's very atmospheric and euphoric. I like how creative and cohesive the sound is. The final version also sounds 100 times more professional to me than any of the demos.

I love the final version the best because it's very atmospheric and euphoric. I like how creative and cohesive the sound is. The final version also sounds 100 times more professional to me than any of the demos.

......well yeah, that's why they're demos.......

and Demo 5 is pretty polished.