THE REBEL HEART ALBUM THREAD Pt

ryan

it's 8.30am. i got woken up by an annoying family member. now my iphone has the new songs downloading to it.

sooooo excited! got my headphones and my cat next to me. lets do this!!

:tigger:

im so excited to hear these new songs!

it's 8.30am. i got woken up by an annoying family member. now my iphone has the new songs downloading to it.

sooooo excited! got my headphones and my cat next to me. lets do this!!

:tigger:

im so excited to hear these new songs!

Carly, just heading off to JB HI now. Will listen to the album in the car and also download all the songs on ITunes when I return.

I just went ahead and ordered the super deluxe on Amazon. It's not the same as going to a record store, but oh well. I can't wait to finally listen! So jealous of everyone who has their copy.

why is it only number 13 on aus itunes! hmph.

oh and itunes charged me the full $22 for the album even though complete my album was only $3ish. they will be receiving a colourful email.

why is it only number 13 on aus itunes! hmph.

It's apparently because of this BS. Madonna can't catch a break this era:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/6487769/apple-itunes-store-concerns-changes

The latest move inside iTunes addresses how pre-orders are counted. Previously, pre-orders impacted the store chart as the orders came in, as well as the day of the release, when those orders were fulfilled to customers. That usually meant a title with a large amount of preorders would be assured the No. 1 slot on the day of release, an effective marketing tool for labels which allowed them to bring attention to the album's availability by touting its No. 1 spot in the iTunes chart.

However, in the new configuration, all pre-orders are wiped clean as the clock strikes midnight on the day of the release. Consequently, that title's chart position is determined by what new sales activity takes place on the first day of its release, not all the activity it had generated through pre-orders. This move cuts down chances of landing the No. 1 spot, as the new release will have to get there solely through new purchases on the day of release.

Prepare yourself for the ignorant wave of reports that Madonna's new album has already flopped before it began.

^WTF!!!! When does this change take effect?

edit: Oh wait, it's just for the iTunes chart. I thought for a sec that all of Madonna's pre-orders were not going to account for anything for official album chart :dramatic:.

Edited by Guest

Can't be bothered to read this thread but based on the music the video, performances, controversy, magazine covers and the fact she is EVERYWHERE this is the best era since ROL. The fact she doesn't go on tour until the end of August means we are getting videos and a lot more promo.

I now have the digital deluxe album but I have to go to work. After that I'll check if one of the stores have the super deluxe version. I'll even skip the gym so I can get to home asap!!!!

I wonder if it will count if I cancel my pre-order and then re-purchase the complete my album on release day. It's so hard to help Madonna.

if i had have known about that STUPID rule i would have done that. not fair at all. we bought the album today fair and square. it should be number 1.

I have it!!! The iTunes deluxe!!! Won't listen til I have the physical later today, but omg, I'm so excited!!! Today's the day!!! Woooohooo! :tigger:

This morning's gonna be awful to get through, though! Already dying of inpatience :lol:

I got the Interscope weekly newsletter sent to my email this evening, guess what? Not one mention of Madonna's new album which is out on Monday in the UK!!!! Great promotion from her so called label!!!

I got the Interscope weekly newsletter sent to my email this evening, guess what? Not one mention of Madonna's new album which is out on Monday in the UK!!!! Great promotion from her so called label!!!

Seriously?

What f***ing joke.

:rant:

They have their own artists to push... And they have many. Universal's market share is like 40%.

:sad:

They have their own artists to push... And they have many. Universal's market share is like 40%.

:sad:

That's more reason to push Madonna as an artist, people are still talking about the Brits and she will be appearing on Jonathan Ross next Saturday. She is technically one of their artists and their deal is to market and distribute her work. No excuses for this one. However Carly Rae Jepsen gets two section on the newsletter for her new video and her iTunes single. I guess she's more important than the most successful female artist of all time. Thank god she only has one more album for them. Never thought I'd say this but bring back Warner Bros!

"Dear iTunes Customer,

Thank you for pre-ordering Madonna’s new album Rebel Heart. To resolve a problem that would have prevented you from receiving the album, we refunded the track titled Living For Love prior to the release of the pre-order. When the pre-order downloads, it will include the track titled, Living For Love.

Apple regrets any inconvenience caused by the issue. We have added 2 song credits to your iTunes Account."

"Dear iTunes Customer,

Thank you for downloading Madonna’s new album Rebel Heart. Our records indicated that you were charged the full retail price of the album, instead of the discounted price you should have received from the “Pre-order" purchase.

Apple regrets any inconvenience caused by the issue. For each individual song you purchased before buying the entire album, we have provided you with a refund.

We have refunded $16.52 plus any applicable tax to your account. You should see this credit applied to your payment method within 5 business days."

Get your shit together itunes!!