THE REBEL HEART ALBUM THREAD Pt

ryan

Finally have the 3 new songs on I-Tunes Australia ! :)

And the deluxe version is back up!

So I had to go and cancel all my pre-orders, and then pre-order the deluxe again, that worked and I got the 3 new songs.

JOAN OF ARC is sublime and should be single number 2, that is all… :fuckoff:

Madonna’s “Rebel Heart” Will Define A Decade

1401x788-20141221_madonnanew.jpgYou don’t have to know much about music to know that Madonna’s “Like A Prayer” and “Ray of Light” were albums that bridged decades (‘Prayer’ the late 80’s-early 90’s, and ‘Light’ the late 90’s-early 00’s). Although, personally I feel all of her albums have shaped the music scene, I personally think that M’s own LP’s “Erotica” and “American Life” are two artistic and musical masterpieces (Rolling Stone and Idolator agree with me, but more on that later).

Madonna-Like-A-Prayer-12267-295x300.jpg

In the Madonna community, there are two groups of people: The “Ray of Light” and “Like A Prayer” group, and the “Erotica” and “American Life” group. For arguments sake, let’s not argue: the common theme between these (and all of Madonna’s albums, honestly) is singular: they remain relevant and fresh as if they were released today, they broke ground in musicality and sound, and they are – literally – works of art. Where as in my opinion Ray of Light and Like A Prayer are musical masterpieces, Erotica and American Life are both musical and artistic masterpieces… (again, just me – huge fan here since I was a baby, so don’t judge too harsh – I’ll defend this woman to the death – just a personal opinion from my deep love of those two albums).

tumblr_mr9vpnoNLv1sax017o1_1280-300x175.

Enter Rebel Heart, Madonna’s forthcoming album, due to release on March 10th around the globe. When Madonna was forced to release 6 songs (“Living For Love”, “Bitch, I’m Madonna”, “Illuminati”, “Ghosttown”, “Devil Pray”, and “Unapologetic Bitch”), die-hard fans (myself included) and the casual fan alike were delighted, slinging ALL SIX songs into the top ten and making her album number one in pre-orders.

Screen-Shot-2015-02-06-at-12.08.47-PM-30

I was as much happy as I was furious at those that leaked her songs – I personally still have not (and will never) listen to the leaked demos – true fans know better, and I didn’t want to add any energy to that negativity. I was also afraid that this 1/3rd release of the album would hurt the actual official release. There is always a magic that surrounds a Madonna release – the excitement for the stroke of midnight when the first single is released, the excruciating wait for the first music video, the joy when the whole album is finally out, and the nervous excitement of wondering if she will or won’t do a tour (I’m almost 27, and you younger ones are lucky because you don’t remember that little period when we had to wait almost NINE years for our lady M to tour after The Girlie Show – so some of us still have PTSD from that ;-)).

But, in the last seven days, all of that anger and fear has washed away. The video for Living For Love dropped (which I reviewed here in my “7 Reasons Why Madonna’s New “Living For Love” Is The Best Music Video Ever” ) and it is amazing. Then, last night, Madonna raised the bar for ever single live musical act on Earth with her incredible, spellbinding Grammy performance. Then, today, she released three more songs (all of which currently are sitting at number one on the iTunes chart) – “Iconic”, “Hold Tight”, and “Joan of Arc”.

madonna-grammys-09feb15-20.jpg

When I heard Joan of Arc, I almost hit the ground. “Take A Bow” (and Madonna’s American Music Awards performance of it which was one of the most flawless live performances she’s ever done) and “Crazy For You” have held the position for favorite Madonna ballads ever – until, literally in the first listen, “Joan of Arc” ripped that crown right from those other two and planted in firmly on it’s head – right where it belongs.

That’s also the moment the writer and artist in me knew – “Rebel Heart” is going to not be just a Madonna defining album, but a MUSICALLY, Decade-defining album – just like “Ray of Light” and “Like A Prayer”. “Joan of Arc” has it all – it’s the song that brings the album from incredible to transformative for the listener. It’s deep, she’s feeling every word, and we are right there with her – although we all don’t have to deal with things being written about us everyday, photographers following us constantly – the song is relatable in that same, magical way that “Drowned World/Substitute For Love” was from “Ray of Light”.

grammy2.jpg

Madonna and her manager have gotten everything right with this album and everything surrounding it thus far – don’t even get me started on the how the album artwork and photographs released thus far are some of her best since “Justify My Love” and “Vogue” – and I have a strong suspicion that “Rebel Heart” will be not just the Madonna album fans will talk about for years, but that ALBUM (Madonna or not) that everyone (Madonna fan or not) will be talking about for years.

Screen-Shot-2015-02-03-at-11.03.24-AM.pn

P.S. I think we all need to give M’s manager, Mr. Guy Oseary a big thank you for working with M to turn the lemons of the leak into some of the best lemonade us fans have had in years. Maybe we should get #ThankYouGuyOseary trending?

- See more at: http://truthfly.wpengine.com/madonnas-rebel-heart-will-be-a-decade-defining-album-for-music/#sthash.QawCBrPu.yHySfvAM.dpuf

"Autotune Baby" will be released after all, though it has been pulled from the Super Deluxe track list.

Instead, it will be released as a bonus track on special Standard and Deluxe editions of the album sold exclusively in Saturn and MediaMarkt stores in Germany.

Source: SPOTLIGHT, the official German Madonna fan club

"Autotune Baby" will be released after all, though it has been pulled from the Super Deluxe track list.

Interesse, it will be released as a bonus track on special Standard and Deluxe editions of the album sold exclusively in Saturn and MediaMarkt stores in Germany.

Exclusively in Saturn and MediaMarkt? How..random. But YAYYYY for MEEEEEEEE

Okay but what did you pay in December when you preordered first? Did Itunes gave you the money back when you cancelled?

You will not be charged any more or less when you make your final purchase of the edition you prefer...You don't have to delete or cancel any edition you may have purchased already, it only matters which edition you click on for final purchase...When the 3 new songs were released i had a problem with joan of arc file on the deluxe edition, and had to download it from the standard, when doing so, it stated i had already purchased it but would i like to download it again.i just clicked yes, and there was no additional charge...It only matters what edition you click on when the edition you want becomes available on March 10th....Unless you are not buying from iTunes.

What about QUEEN though ?!

Autotune Baby can disappear forever as far as I care...

Maybe on the Japanese edition?

Instead, it will be released as a bonus track on special Standard and Deluxe editions of the album sold exclusively in Saturn and MediaMarkt stores in Germany.

Random indeed, but hey, at least German fans (including me :p) can be happy!

Now let's just hope Queen will appear somewhere too.

I want my new 3 songs!

Wondering if the UK are getting the super deluxe, it's not on amazon.co.uk

Hmm, doesn't that just mean that within Germany you'll only be able to get that song on the special editions from those retailers? Surely it'll also be a bonus track somewhere else in the world?

They better have that song on a Target edition or something!!! :lol:

OMG I JUST BOUGHT THE NEW TRACKS!!!

IM CURRENTLY LISTENING TO BITCH IM MADONNA TO LEAD ME IN.

IM SO FUCKING EXCITED!!!!!!

YASSSS gurl!

Don't faint!

oh my god :cries:

okay i've listened once each.

HOLD TIGHT!!!! could be a single for sure. fucking wonderful. i started to get tears in my eyes half way through. then at the end of the song i started sobbing because i was thinking how fucking good this album is and how it's going to blow everyone away. then joan of arc started and after the first few lines i just lost it :rotfl:

laying on my head with my headphones on and a pillow over the top of my face crying like a baby!! it hurts to listen to that song.

then ICONIC! WOWOWOW. soooooooo fucking GOOD! the chorus ICONIC, ICONIC, IRONIC bit with that freaky dark beat in the background omg. it's like the type of production i love! that bit reminds me of Britney. I mean that in a good way! i don't know what song though. this is fucking fantastic.

EXCUSE ME WHILE I LISTEN FOR THE 2ND TIME.

oh my god :cries:

okay i've listened once each.

HOLD TIGHT!!!! could be a single for sure. fucking wonderful. i started to get tears in my eyes half way through. then at the end of the song i started sobbing because i was thinking how fucking good this album is and how it's going to blow everyone away. then joan of arc started and after the first few lines i just lost it :rotfl:

laying on my head with my headphones on and a pillow over the top of my face crying like a baby!! it hurts to listen to that song.

then ICONIC! WOWOWOW. soooooooo fucking GOOD! the chorus ICONIC, ICONIC, IRONIC bit with that freaky dark beat in the background omg. it's like the type of production i love! that bit reminds me of Britney. I mean that in a good way! i don't know what song though. this is fucking fantastic.

EXCUSE ME WHILE I LISTEN FOR THE 2ND TIME.

I think these three songs are a really good example of what the rest of the album sounds like. If you like these songs then I think you'll like the album!

Napoleon that's exactly what I want to hear!!! omg i love it so fucking much. I know i haven't heard the whole album but I'm pretty sure this is going to take top place. It's going to push Music, Hard Candy and Ray of Light from the top.

This is THE defining Madonna album. These lyrics :dramatic: These melodies! EVERYTHING!!

It's current. It's classic. It's nothing like she's done before but it's Madonna!