New Grammy thread: The Queen of Life OWNS IT

I dont listen to the radio but apparently its getting big plays on Galaxy and the local stations over here in the UK (so im told). Even little Alice who I live with knows it word for word just from listening to the radio in the car going to school. Shes going to have a hit!!! (Not Alice, im not allowed to hit her unfortunatley, there are laws). She hits me though! Every time I tell her Subo the hamsters dead or its blood sucking bat season she hits me. Theres something wrong with the law.

IT'S SUCH A SHAME!!!

In Germany nobody talks about the fantastic performance last night.

Every newspaper talls about her booty with negative press.

It's seems that nobody recognize the new album or the new single... :(

I've read quite a few articles that talk about her performance actually.

For example the one from spiegel.de

They are actually praising the performance, calling it the only real spectacle of the night.

Edited by Wunderkind

Hi, guys. I've been reading for a long time but this is my first time commenting. I think the performance was very solid, especially bearing in mind the fact that it's the beginning of a new era, with a new song, a new choreography and all that. She sang very well, in my opinion, but probably wasn't at her best dancing. Like you guys said, she looked a bit stiff, but she usually does when she hasn't been touring for a while (I think it was pretty much the same with the first "Hung Up" performance at the MTV: it got much better after that). I'm sure she'll look much more relaxed at the Brits.

What I loved most, by far, was the fact that she seemed having a lot of fun, which hasn't always been the same when performing at awards shows. Nervous as she was, I think she seems much more in control of herself in that regard nowadays. And, by the way, I love, love, love "Living for Love".

Looking forward to a new incredible era.

PS: she looked so damn hot! Loved it! :)

Welcome! And keep posting !

That's one of the best performances she put out on an award show period! I am so thankful that she still cares about her arts and put effort into everything she believes in 110% after 30+ years! She's such an inspiration for so long! :thumbsup::headbang:

With so many performers at the Grammys, only Madonna is slaying Itunes US! Queen! :stir:

B9aWwYrIQAE1tg1.jpg

Isn't this primarily because today those three songs drop and made available in iTunes and people who pre ordered the album are just redeeming the three songs.

I just love that big smile when the jacket came off. She really loosened up then. Bounced around a little, all girly, shook her hair out. Reminded me of Blond Ambition.

Isn't this primarily because today those three songs drop and made available in iTunes and people who pre ordered the album are just redeeming the three songs.

Probably... BUT... the first six songs never made it to the top of itunes. LFL peaked and BIM peaked at #6 or thereabouts.

Maybe this is a bit silly but i noticed that Madonna tried to walk and move like the torero ("toreador" for foreign speakers) and they walk so stiff and tight and proud.

Maybe that's why sometimes she looked a bit stiff?

pose-644x362.jpg

Banderillero.JPG

I just love that big smile when the jacket came off. She really loosened up then. Bounced around a little, all girly, shook her hair out. Reminded me of Blond Ambition.

Yes, and the rest of the dancers were more relaxed too. It's as if the minotaur part had on atmosphere and the other a festive one. That's why i think that maybe it was thought to look like that and maybe it did't work as they thought.

One of the most important newspaper in El Salvador (yeah, not the biggest market out there) has Madonna in the front page today.

The article says:

"The night was turned on with Madonna's impressive performance of her song Living For Love, dressed as a bullfighter and her dancers as bulls she reaffirmed why she's the Queen of Pop"

There's also a caption in a picture of her being lifted up with the harness that says "The Queen of Pop conquered again the Grammy Awards, her bullfight concept and choreagraphy impressed the public"

Here's the front page:

B9YS7PzCAAAYCDo_zps496fcaed.jpg

Yes, and the rest of the dancers were more relaxed too. It's as if the minotaur part had on atmosphere and the other a festive one. That's why i think that maybe it was thought to look like that and maybe it did't work as they thought.

Her nervousness was quite apparent in the first half, and she almost looked pissed off a couple times :lol: It definitely got better as it went on. Yahoo gave the performance a really bad review (not that their opinion matters), but part of it was kinda accurate, saying she was being passed around on stage like someone fresh out of surgery. :lol: I hate to laugh, but I guess they were being extra careful due to the horns. I imagine she probably got poked by one of them during rehearsals and that made her a little uneasy?

Yahoo has no credibility at all, they alwasy focus in the bad things about everything, they are so angry and bitter with life.

I know, the totally suck. Their opinion means nothing. But their analogy was a little accurate. :chuckle:

Her nervousness was quite apparent in the first half, and she almost looked pissed off a couple times :lol: It definitely got better as it went on. Yahoo gave the performance a really bad review (not that their opinion matters), but part of it was kinda accurate, saying she was being passed around on stage like someone fresh out of surgery. :lol: I hate to laugh, but I guess they were being extra careful due to the horns. I imagine she probably got poked by one of them during rehearsals and that made her a little uneasy?

I kept wondering if it had anything to do with the shoulder pad, and whether she was supposed to do some moves but she didn't want to risk it... I mean, look at how aggressively she fixes the should pad right before the dancers take the jacket off... and how free she becomes at exactly that moment...

For the record, I only noticed all this once I watched in HD.