New Grammy thread: The Queen of Life OWNS IT

I completely overslept and didn't go into work but it was worth it! I've been rewatching and there are faults, mainly in the choreography, but she was life!

Also what the fuck comparing it to Gimme More? I get the Papparazzi comparison, but imo that is one of the best awards show performances in recent years so no shade.

I just love how happy everyone looked!

It's like she compressed the energy of the whole MDNA show into five minutes, from the dark dramatic opening, through the fun and sexuality and then to the glorious religious euphoria.

Guest Rachelle of London

Hi, guys. I've been reading for a long time but this is my first time commenting. I think the performance was very solid, especially bearing in mind the fact that it's the beginning of a new era, with a new song, a new choreography and all that. She sang very well, in my opinion, but probably wasn't at her best dancing. Like you guys said, she looked a bit stiff, but she usually does when she hasn't been touring for a while (I think it was pretty much the same with the first "Hung Up" performance at the MTV: it got much better after that). I'm sure she'll look much more relaxed at the Brits.

What I loved most, by far, was the fact that she seemed having a lot of fun, which hasn't always been the same when performing at awards shows. Nervous as she was, I think she seems much more in control of herself in that regard nowadays. And, by the way, I love, love, love "Living for Love".

Looking forward to a new incredible era.

PS: she looked so damn hot! Loved it! :)

Welcome!!!!!

she s a real pro when it comes to that, imagine an audience like that.

I agee that she looked happy. thats her best look ever!!! :biggrin:

The choreography was clearly made for flats, not heels, like in the video. But who cares? She was fantastic and stole the show. The rest was a snooze-fest for most parts, despite all the A-Listers.

Gotta love her! :) I was glad to see her enjoy it so much. I didn't notice that her "shoulder pad" fall off, but that would explain her being stiff in the first half of the performance the perfectionist she is. However, am I the only one who think that during the second pre-chorus something went wrong. When four of the dancers are in front of her holding onto each other awkwardly. :D

Guest Rachelle of London

I dont like the bit where theyre throwing her around. I felt a bit protective of her then hahahaha! I wonder how they're gonna tweak it before the Brits. We all know M is currently going over that performance with a fine tooth comb.

The choreography was clearly made for flats, not heels, like in the video. But who cares? She was fantastic and stole the show. The rest was a snooze-fest for most parts, despite all the A-Listers.

I agree! I think if she just switched to some more-sturdy-but-still-hot boots, it would take care of that in a flash.

When TAYLOR SWIFT is *legitimately* getting down (not in her typical contrived, stiff white girl, painful to watch way) you know the performance was ace enough! Whether its cause M has been praising her lately and visa versa w/ Taylor kissing LAPs ass during a recent interview...Taylor is a total corporate, deadbeat. So, unless one of her BFFs nearby gave her a line of coke right before Ms performance she was def. feeling it AND seemed like she knew every lyric like a true loon vs. acting like she knew it (which she does frequently esp w/ older veterans acts)! lol

Hi Guys I had been so overwhelmed by the performance and everything was fabulous and as I was watching correct me if i'm wrong but the fabulous shoes that she was wearing was recycled from the Paris Olympia concert in 2012 in particular the Beautiful killer/

Je T'aime... Moi Non Plus number. But everything was amazing. Queen!!!

All of these giels breaking their backs at the Grammys to snatch the biggest US promo spot of the year, and the Queen sweeps in with her instant grat tracks and effortlessly punches out the entire top 3.

photo-1157.gif?_r=1423433227

Oh and of course Kelly Ripa totally had Ms back this morning. Michael kind of shaded her (re: flaunting her stunning firm ass cheeks). He went all "some things are better left to the imagination" etc etc..) zzz and Kelly snapped right back saying "well, shes *Madonna so...etc etc.." and it ended there! lol

IT'S SUCH A SHAME!!!

In Germany nobody talks about the fantastic performance last night.

Every newspaper talls about her booty with negative press.

It's seems that nobody recognize the new album or the new single... :(

In Italy the main newscast totally omitted her performance.. talking briefly about the winners and showing you know who ..lol here tomorrow we have the sanremo festival so they are focused about that but it's a shame ;)

IT'S SUCH A SHAME!!!

Who gives a fuck what a bunch of nobodies think? Irrelevant.

She killed it as always. This is the best era since Ray Of Light (for me anyway)

Never seen her look happier either. LOVE this woman.

IT'S SUCH A SHAME!!!

Poor Germans. First Merkel, now this... :(