New Grammy thread: The Queen of Life OWNS IT

Entertainment Weekly-

Madonna, “Living For Love”

When Miley Cyrus and Nicki Minaj introduced their "bitch Madonna” (with Miley giving the sheepish apology of an embarrassed daughter: “She made me call her that”), we knew we were in for a treat. Madge’s latest incarnation seems to be some sort of sexy bullfighter at the center of a satanic ritual, complete with bull-horned men with bedazzled masks stolen straight from Kanye’s Yeezus Tour trailer. The arrangement didn’t lend anything new to the song, but Madonna’s strength has always skewed toward performing, not singing. Tonight's show, while bizarre, was definitely captivating. There were a few sleepy moments, dangerously reminiscent of Britney’s soporific 2007 VMA performance of “Gimme More,” but once the full gospel choir emerged in red robes, we were pulled right back into the devil's lair. B+ —Isabella Biedenharn

B+? I'd think it's a C- the way that stupid review is written. :manson:

She looked gorgeous, sexy as ever, and the performance was really strange. True in the middle, she didn't dance a lot, but she was singing live and had this terrible high heels, plus it's her first live performance since forever... But thank god we don't have a cheek conversation anymore, because she looks flawless. The end and the begining was pure perfection, this performance will getting better and better by the time she hits london for the brit.

Love her

aww thank you!!!

there's the official, i think, grammy vid on youtube that doesn't work!!!

this is great quality!!!!

wonderful performance!!! (what remix has been used? really liked the intro... this has a greater energy!!!)

Theres this moment during the middle of the performance where the dancers surround her when she sings "lifted me up and watched me stumble" and they're just sort of standing there grabbing onto her and she's struggling to stand on her feet and then they leave but then there's like 4 of them still holding onto her. I swear it looked like they didn't know what they were doing. Who is the choreographer?

She looked gorgeous, sexy as ever, and the performance was really STRONG. True in the middle, she didn't dance a lot, but she was singing live and had this terrible high heels, plus it's her first live performance since forever... But thank god we don't have a cheek conversation anymore, because she looks flawless. The end and the begining was pure perfection, this performance will getting better and better by the time she hits london for the brit.

Love her

Fixed!!

aww thank you!!!

there's the official, i think, grammy vid on youtube that doesn't work!!!

this is great quality!!!!

wonderful performance!!! (what remix has been used? really liked the intro... this has a greater energy!!!)

You're welcome! :)

Don't quote me, but maybe it's the Mike Rizzo Funk Generation Club Mix that we were supposed to Shazam during the performance? She Tweeted it after and it's one of the official mixes you can buy now on iTunes.

Theres this moment during the middle of the performance where the dancers surround her when she sings "lifted me up and watched me stumble" and they're just sort of standing there grabbing onto her and she's struggling to stand on her feet and then they leave but then there's like 4 of them still holding onto her. I swear it looked like they didn't know what they were doing. Who is the choreographer?

Yes, there's a moment in the middle where something is missing and Madonna is a bit stiff. Just like 10 seconds but i noticed. The rest is incredible though. Maybe something went wrong?????

Guest Rachelle of London

One of the vocalists was flat and it wasnt Madonna! You can hear it quite clear in the 2nd chorus. M sounded marvellous! She had that GS voice last night

Guest Rachelle of London

Yes, there's a moment in the middle where something is missing and Madonna is a bit stiff. Just like 10 seconds but i noticed. The rest is incredible though. Maybe something went wrong?????

Too much going on, I bet they strip that bit down for the Brits. It looked a bit messy

Yep, that is an odd moment. The choreography is questionable at times. But once she shakes it off, all is good.

That dance break was epic though...the music was electric!

I love seeing the faces of everyone after it's over. A couple don't care, but everyone else looks giddy with happiness. It's like, that was Madonna. That was really her. So amazing :wow:

Now who's ass will be kicked for that shoulder detail falling off? It threw Her.

Understand bey is herald by some people as the "new feminism", but M is the artist at the forefront of feminism by just her performance.

Her age and longevity really pushed boundaries tonight and not the same old bey.

Yep, that is an odd moment. The choreography is questionable at times. But once she shakes it off, all is good.

That dance break was epic though...the music was electric!

I love seeing the faces of everyone after it's over. A couple don't care, but everyone else looks giddy with happiness. It's like, that was Madonna. That was really her. So amazing :wow:

Now who's ass will be kicked for that shoulder detail falling off? It threw Her.

lol I just noticed the shoulder thing for the first time, it freaking fell, this is what screwed up her mood from the beginning, I didn't understand why she seemed so upset.

As for the choreography, they need to fix it, it lacks energy because her dancers look like they're trying to remember what are their next steps, and she isn't doing much either. Hung Up was very difficult to sing live as well but the choreo was oozing energy and she puled it off really well.

nice how swift was wildly dancing through the performance....

really great performance!!!

i've just read like 40 pages in a row....

a lot of people has some concerns about some part of the show....personally i liked every second...in the first part she's not moving a lot, but we can't pretend everytime she moves like crazy....she's human and it was the first live performance of this era....maybe she played it safe or maybeshe just wanted the choreography that way...i found it very classy....

oh...and that redcarpet outfit was just gorgeous!!!!

and...but this is really imo and could be wrong....i really don't get the PDP nod...in the perf and in the video...yes...they're similiar, but she's just making a matador-like move, that happens to be similar to the PDP one....

ALL HAIL THE QUEEN!!!

and thanks RebelVVV again!!!!

Yes, the moment she takes off the jacket, you can see the energy go up! I think it was a very difficult performance, with the wires. It has to be difficult not to be entangled in the wires or something, and it has to be so calculated. Besides, singing live for the first time, first performance...

When the jacket goes off, the nerves go out too, Madonna knows that the organic dance is about to begin and seems so happy! The end is so beautiful, when she makes all people stand up and sing with her!

Love her performance! Is there a video that shows a much closer view of the whole dance part near the end? The camera zooms out and pans to the back up singers and i cant see well the amazing choreo...

I love how Madonna cares for all the pop minors, well except ... :lmao:

anyways, she looked absolutely stunning, I swear she has the most beautiful ankles and legs, and her face was gorgeous :D

:laugh: So true Daniel, she is always so maternal and lovely to all of the young pop girls, even if they don't deserve it .

:laugh: So true Daniel, she is always so maternal and lovely to all of the young pop girls, even if they don't deserve it .

shows that she's a truly good human being, not the bitch they make her out to be :D

I still have to see the performance, I'm here at work :(

shows that she's a truly good human being, not the bitch they make her out to be :D

I still have to see the performance, I'm here at work :(

Looking forward to your reaction. I already know that you will love it. :thumbsup: