New Grammy thread: The Queen of Life OWNS IT

Entertainment Weekly-

Madonna, “Living For Love”

When Miley Cyrus and Nicki Minaj introduced their "bitch Madonna” (with Miley giving the sheepish apology of an embarrassed daughter: “She made me call her that”), we knew we were in for a treat. Madge’s latest incarnation seems to be some sort of sexy bullfighter at the center of a satanic ritual, complete with bull-horned men with bedazzled masks stolen straight from Kanye’s Yeezus Tour trailer. The arrangement didn’t lend anything new to the song, but Madonna’s strength has always skewed toward performing, not singing. Tonight's show, while bizarre, was definitely captivating. There were a few sleepy moments, dangerously reminiscent of Britney’s soporific 2007 VMA performance of “Gimme More,” but once the full gospel choir emerged in red robes, we were pulled right back into the devil's lair. B+ —Isabella Biedenharn

what is this women smoking??

furthest thing that came to my mind was britney.

Totally kidding, I loved it. One of the best things about it is that Madonna still seems like an outsider amongst all her "peers"... I feel like ppl are reluctant to truly give her credit when it is due, but then she shows up and puts on a REAL show, and people can't help but be moved by her.

I'm glad she kicked off this album with a perfect video and perf!

I always get that feeling too. Like even though she's the most successful female artist of all time (and living solo artist period), it's like she's still seen as "oh, that Madonna...", and when you see and hear what most 'respected' artists on doing on programs like the Grammys, it just further illustrates why she's on such a different level...but why so many probably still don't quite 'get it', but can't help but be blown away.

Okay, before reading too much I will give my 2 cents:

This was my least favorite Grammy show by Madonna (well, after ROL). I was really surprised how stiff she was. The choreography wasn't very good either.

The positive: the setting, beginning and end were really epic and the remix was awesome! I also liked the energy in the end.

I haven't watched any other performances yet so I can't compare this to anything. I'm quite sure it was the best show anyways.

Where is it possible to watch the full performance in high resolution?

Go to JustJared, they have it.

^ Why must EW always be so back-handed and shady? Ugh. I feel unfaithful to M just by being a subscriber to that publication. What is up with them comparing THIS to Britney's Gimme More?! That makes no sense. No point of comparison.

Is it because it's owned by Time Warner - Warner Brothers is part of Time Warner ?

Is it because it's owned by Time Warner - Warner Brothers is part of Time Warner ?

Not sure, but ... not likely. They have been down on her for many years now (even prior to her leaving Warner for Live Nation). The last cover she had was in 2001 for the Drowned World Tour. They rarely write anything positive about her -- when they do include her, it's usually in a way that is not very flattering. They misprinted the grade they gave CELEBRATION (the entire collection) and only corrected it online...

Never mind! Not worth the time or the negativity. I should be grateful they were as positive as they were. It's a step up. Mattress' grade makes up for it! :laugh:

This girl dancing to Madonna all crazy, hahaha. Not a fan of Taylor, but she's so influent in younger generations, if they watch her dancing to Madonna, they think Madonna is cool too. It works like that!!!!

@who the fuck called me a troll! Seriously in the name of fucking made go fuck yourself! Because opposing view points = trolling, amiright?

Mentioned multiple times in my OWN posts that I hope to fuck that I was wrong. I just happen to believe things that most of the populace doesn't, and I guess that makes me fucked. I am sorry.

Madonna to me has been the most inspiring artist of any. American life helped me see the truth above anything. Seriously, listen to Nobody Knows Me & I'm So Stupid. Like, really listen to them.

Eitherway as I said I hope I am wrong, and most likely am, but if I can't share my viewpoints on a forum then just fucking ban me for cocks sake. If all you fags wanted was post after post of I love madge omg she is perfect just say it and I will post it. I happen to really care about her and worry about her future because I do admire her, and admittedly I am worried about the fucking portent performance.

Not trying to scare you! I'm sorry. I'm just scared myself and I guess I shouldn't try to spread fear. Negativity breeds negativity. Like I said there is a very good chance I am wrong. I'm seriously not a troll though. I just watch objectively through eyes that see. And that performance was ominous (#wordoftheday).

Really though, it was a great performance, just the ending left me a bit worried. Just trying to see if others feel the same. I wish all the best for her because she is my favorite artists and Rebel Hearts rocks. I've just seen what the industry can do and I hope it isn't her time.

But what more should I say? Really did love the performance and how involved she got the crowd. The ending is just spooky for me.

You mean 'subjectively'. This is nothing more than confirmation bias 101.

Lucille-Bluth-Eye-Roll-Arrested-Developm

Curse her Madonna. Curse her. Suck out her life.

:lmao::rotfl: VogueMusic, how are we going to cope now that T Swift is now a Madonna loon. :lol: Is it just me, or does Madonna look like she is being protected by Taylor in that photo which is the most bizarre thing I could imagine. Just the pose and the fact that Taylor is so much taller but kind of amusing.

I am LIVING for the hair in this performance. The side part with the curls, and the side pull back...when she does that shimmy shake with the hair down.... :dramatic: :dramatic: :dramatic:

:clap::clap::clap:

My favorite moment is when, after the jacket is taken off, she does that shimmy shake with her hair down :drama::drama::drama:

:lmao::rotfl: VogueMusic, how are we going to cope now that T Swift is now a Madonna loon. :lol: Is it just me, or does Madonna look like she is being protected by Taylor in that photo which is the most bizarre thing I could imagine. Just the pose and the fact that Taylor is so much taller but kind of amusing.

if they were to get physical, madonna would get her to submit within seconds. :lmao: