New Grammy thread: The Queen of Life OWNS IT

I can't believe how the serious press is actually stating Madonna's performance was part of an illuminati ritual. Those are theories you would read on some dodgey blogger's piece not MTV!

The press is still at it... Attacking Madonna seems to be their fave hobby once again. So happy she flashed her ass to them!

They need something to generate page views

I just saw it and it was fucking epic, it was amazing, she was on point and when she commanded the audience like if it was her concert!

Stay them queen! And I love all the praise from Ariana and Taylor the newest princess.

Btw, where can I see the red carpet interview when she speaks about the leaks along Diplo.

I just saw it and it was fucking epic, it was amazing, she was on point and when she commanded the audience like if it was her concert!

Stay them queen! And I love all the praise from Ariana and Taylor the newest princess.

Btw, where can I see the red carpet interview when she speaks about the leaks along Diplo.

It's out there Im sure. Became kind of an awkward interview. Forgot 'exactly' what was said or happened during the interview but Elvis Duran def. gave off an icey queen/shady vibe towards M. I 'think' he said to M "you've been nominated many or x amount of times, right"? She responded her sarcastic, typical dry, hilarious way but 'looked' like he became super sensitive over it. Think she said something like "um...nooo, not really, not many at all..just a few etc.." while looking away from him LOL. He def. looked like he wanted to abruptly take the mic away from her lol.

Theyre out there Im sure. Was very awkward and forgot what happened during the interview but Elvis Duran def. had a bitchy/shady vibe towards M. She said something kinda sarcastic in her typical dry, hilarious way but his super sensitive queen seemed salty over it. He def. looked like he wanted to abruptly take the mic away from her lol.

Elvis Duran is an asshole. He is probably the single most reason they don't play M on Z100, even when you beg them to play her song. He really needs to get over himself. But that's enough time wasted talking about him. We got an amazing performance and three great new songs to celebrate about!!

Entertainment Weekly-

Madonna, “Living For Love”

When Miley Cyrus and Nicki Minaj introduced their "bitch Madonna” (with Miley giving the sheepish apology of an embarrassed daughter: “She made me call her that”), we knew we were in for a treat. Madge’s latest incarnation seems to be some sort of sexy bullfighter at the center of a satanic ritual, complete with bull-horned men with bedazzled masks stolen straight from Kanye’s Yeezus Tour trailer. The arrangement didn’t lend anything new to the song, but Madonna’s strength has always skewed toward performing, not singing. Tonight's show, while bizarre, was definitely captivating. There were a few sleepy moments, dangerously reminiscent of Britney’s soporific 2007 VMA performance of “Gimme More,” but once the full gospel choir emerged in red robes, we were pulled right back into the devil's lair. B+ —Isabella Biedenharn

^ Why must EW always be so back-handed and shady? Ugh. I feel unfaithful to M just by being a subscriber to that publication. What is up with them comparing THIS to Britney's Gimme More?! That makes no sense. No point of comparison.

Entertainment Weekly-

Madonna, “Living For Love”

When Miley Cyrus and Nicki Minaj introduced their "bitch Madonna” (with Miley giving the sheepish apology of an embarrassed daughter: “She made me call her that”), we knew we were in for a treat. Madge’s latest incarnation seems to be some sort of sexy bullfighter at the center of a satanic ritual, complete with bull-horned men with bedazzled masks stolen straight from Kanye’s Yeezus Tour trailer. The arrangement didn’t lend anything new to the song, but Madonna’s strength has always skewed toward performing, not singing. Tonight's show, while bizarre, was definitely captivating. There were a few sleepy moments, dangerously reminiscent of Britney’s soporific 2007 VMA performance of “Gimme More,” but once the full gospel choir emerged in red robes, we were pulled right back into the devil's lair. B+ —Isabella Biedenharn

Not acknowledging the backhanded compliments woven through that insignificant shit. A+ —Mattress

ARoo0vQ-1423453055.gif

I mean, it was just flawless... in one word: UPlifting!!! (UP UP UP UP -lifting!)

But ... I do think something went wrong with her shoulder piece (her left shoulder) on her bolero when she whipped off the cape at the beginning. Then it just kind of flapped around a bit ... when she finally removed the jacket, that's when she really seemed to let loose and seemed less restrained.

I mean, we as fans can probably be a little more critical of it, but to the casual viewer, it was well executed -- strong vocals, high energy, solid song, choir and dancers, and the aerial lift at the end for added dramatic impact. I don't think there's much room for criticism, but you know perfectionist performer that she is, Madonna is probably making her mental list and running over and over it in her head about little things that didn't go quite as she wanted.

Living for love and loving this performance!

i just watched it over agan a few times and u are absolutely right about her cape. she handled it really well though. good eye, it wasnt very obvious.

i also noticed that after the second chorus, when the remix part kicks in, that whole little segment seems a little botched. i dont know if anyone else noticed while her feet are dragging on the grownd and her dancer is lifting her by the shoulders their choreography uncoordinated. but it only lasted a few seconds.

aside from that. her title as the monarch of pop has been further galvanized. i love madonna.

long live the queen

MADONNA was clearly nervous when she did the Papa Don't Preach bit...

I am just glad there were no fuck-ups... you can hear her catching her breath at times...

the ending was glorious...

+1 ... I was so nervous for her tonight! I was trying to write out valentines that I need to send in the mail this week (as I was waiting for her turn to come) and my hands were shaking!

+1 i was nervous the whole time till she was lifted to the ceiling.

i lovethat u take the time to write out valemtines. what asweet thing to do

^ Why must EW always be so back-handed and shady? Ugh. I feel unfaithful to M just by being a subscriber to that publication. What is up with them comparing THIS to Britney's Gimme More?! That makes no sense. No point of comparison.

They at least said Lardy is irrelevant and no one really gave a F** about her, but they gave that crappy 45 second performance an A

She is only performer that really used the whole stage. Everyone else's performance felt much smaller than her's in some way.

I definitely also noticed that she loosened up as it went along

ac/dc used the entire stage as well.

as soon as she took off her bolero jacket, u can tell she was at ease.

Not acknowledging the backhanded compliments woven through that insignificant shit. A+ —Mattress

Ah. Much better. Thanks for fixing that, Mattress! :angel::kiss2:

i just watched it over agan a few times and u are absolutely right about her cape. she handled it really well though. good eye, it wasnt very obvious.

i also noticed that after the second chorus, when the remix part kicks in, that whole little segment seems a little botched. i dont know if anyone else noticed while her feet are dragging on the grownd and her dancer is lifting her by the shoulders their choreography uncoordinated. but it only lasted a few seconds.

aside from that. her title as the monarch of pop has been further galvanized. i love madonna.

long live the queen

A friend actually pointed it out to me by text -- saying that it was excellent despite the minor wardrobe malfunction. The blood in my veins instantly turned to ice -- I hadn't seen it the first time through. But the second viewing -- I was like, oh my gosh! How did I not see it? (I didn't see her harness buckles the first time, either, but they were very apparent on the second viewing.)

+1 i was nervous the whole time till she was lifted to the ceiling.

i lovethat u take the time to write out valemtines. what asweet thing to do

Yeah, the ending definitely required nerves of steel!

Wish I had time to MAKE valentines the old-fashioned way, but ... this will have to do. Madonna has always said she loves letters, so I think that's one way in which we are kindred spirits.

They at least said Lardy is irrelevant and no one really gave a F** about her, but they gave that crappy 45 second performance an A

Ah, well, I guess that's something. (Surely the A must have been for Mr. Bennett alone?!)

lol

she also won the super bowl in 2012

True! :laugh:

Not surprising writers compared M to Britney performance because they have no sense of history of pop/rock beyond the past couple of years.

On MTV site, writer seem to compared tonight to gags paparazzi performance. Another journalist at daily beast commented M was messy, but beyonce performance was great as always. :no:

I can't believe how the serious press is actually stating Madonna's performance was part of an illuminati ritual. Those are theories you would read on some dodgey blogger's piece not MTV!

The press is still at it... Attacking Madonna seems to be their fave hobby once again. So happy she flashed her ass to them!

pay them no mind. madonna is a saint if anything with all the good shes done with her raising malawi charity, raising awarness about safe sex, hiv/aids charity in the late eighties/early nineties and the list goes on...

this woman is doing the lords work.

praise madonna!