Madonna on The View early March 2015?

Littlebastard

I rather M appear on Letterman, Fallon and Kelly.

Especially Letterman since this is his last year.

Yea I agree, especially on Fallon they can do a comical skit or something make it much more entertaining. Again I'm not crazy about the view, but M knows what she's doing so I'm not worried

The View gets about the same ratings as an average episode of any of the late night talk shows (well slightly more than Letterman and Kimmel, less than Fallon), with around 3 million viewers. So I don't see why people are complaining. Madonna's done daytime TV loads of times before anyway (Anderson, The View, Oprah, Ellen etc.).

I'd rather *first* hear Ellen, Kelly and Fallon (the hottest and hippest talk shows on TV) 'then' maybe followed by sinking ships like the View etc.. lol. the fact Rosie O will be gone (not buying her 'guest' appearance bs lol) makes No sense for her to go on. Just NO Talk or Wendy Williams! lol Waay too much shade towards M on both those shows (mainly just Sharon O on the Talk :#). The others esp Sara Gilbert (who has praised M many x) are fine. Wendy's show as entertaining as it is, and she def. has had major A list stars, is total tabloid trash and M is still waay above it and esp. Wendy as a person!

Guest Rachelle of London

I'm here for seeing Madonna doing Wendy's shoe cam but I doubt it would ever happen.

Wendy's had Sarah Jessica Parker on twice. I think they're trying to get more a listers now.

But back to to the view I don't see anything wrong with M doing daytime TV at all.

Yeah, the guests are strictly C and D list for the majority of the time BUT it's interesting how Wendy can hold an audience for 20 minutes every day just on her own with her Hot Topics. The show is essentially built around her, and not any guests. Even the late night comedians can't do that with their monologues (imagine if they were talking for 20 minutes - people would turn off). I know some people think Wendy is toxic as a person (I personally love her), but boy can she command an audience :wow:.

Guest Rachelle of London

Yeah, the guests are strictly C and D list for the majority of the time BUT it's interesting how Wendy can hold an audience for 20 minutes every day just on her own with her Hot Topics. The show is essentially built around her, and not any guests. Even the late night comedians can't do that with their monologues (imagine if they were talking for 20 minutes - people would turn off). I know some people think Wendy is toxic as a person (I personally love her), but boy can she command an audience :wow:.

So true. Plus she does the C & D List thing really well. It's great to watch trashy reality stars on her sofa rather than boring a listers tbh. Her show has a niche and Madonna wouldnt fit it as much as I would LOVE that to happen I doubt it would.

Guest Rachelle of London

WWHL!?????

Someone find that list!!!!!

Imagine who M would be paired with. Omg I pray Kenya Moore or Lisa Vanderpump. I would die

I'm confident that she will do a lot of promo the second week of March, there's also the Cosmopolitan Cover.

She needs to go to WWHL, Fallon, Ellen and SNL, The View target is not the one that buys albums right? Thank God that she's doing the Grammys.

Guest Rocco Papa

Does anyone have that promo interview list posted last week??? This and Fallon, Letterman, WWHL, and Howard Stern were on there...

Please no Howard Stern. He would just ask intrusive personal questions. They would be all about her sex life. Madonna would have none of it! I think Liz Rosenberg is smart enough not to let that happen!

I think she should definitely do Fallon since they got along great last time with MDNA. I also think she should do Letterman one last time before he leaves.

And of course I want another full hour on Ellen!

Guest Rachelle of London

Does WWHL get a lot of viewers? I thought it only got good ratings when it has a good lead in from real housewives of Atlanta. Madonna appearing on a Sunday night would be heaven. Ooh I'm excited

WWHL!?????

This was the list:

Came across this in the Madonna-Infinity forum. Taking it with a grain of salt so far.

LA
Ellen (pre-taping on 12 February)
LONDON
Hotel - Today show (24 & 25 February)
Cynthia McFadden (25 February)
NYC
The View (pre-taping on 5 March)
Today with Matt Lauer (pre-taping on 6 March)
Howard Stern (10 March)
Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon (10 March)
Watch What Happens: Live (11 March)
NYC
Late Show with David Letterman (20 May)

Can someone in the US confirm that Madonna will be on The View in early March? ABC have an on-demand service don't they? The announcement supposedly took place during Friday's episode - have a look!

Watch What Happens Live doesn't get great ratings, but like all Bravo shows, hits its demographic well (young women and gay men!). Oprah was the only guest when she appeared on the show, so Madonna wouldn't necessarily be sitting next to a Housewife (although someone like Nene Leakes all kinds of :wow:).

WWHL!?????

Imagine who M would be paired with. Omg I pray Kenya Moore or Lisa Vanderpump. I would die

If she does do the show, it'll be dedicated all to her and won't have any other guests!!

Please no Howard Stern. He would just ask intrusive personal questions. They would be all about her sex life. Madonna would have none of it! I think Liz Rosenberg is smart enough not to let that happen!

Nah. He use to hate on gags before she ever appeared on his program, and was nothing but nice to her. He'd do the same for madonna, and I'm sure M/Liz will give him info beforehand on what not to ask. He'd do anything to get M on his show.

Guest Rachelle of London

If she does do the show, it'll be dedicated all to her and won't have any other guests!!

A girl can dream!

I wonder if Andy will do a montage of the amount of times she's mentioned on real housewives. :lmao:

oh god these bitches, the show is so over....

all they'll do is talk about EVERYTHING but the music....so i hope M performs, even if its just her standing there singing, two songs at least!

Well I am not really that thrilled about her being on the view either like some other people are, but what matters is she will be on shows promoting the album, if they even acknowledge the album that is, rather than just touch on the subject slightly then just go straight into her personal life like they always seem to do on the view.

She needs more performances than interviews, IMO.

But if she is going to do them, do them with someone she has some chemistry with. She will come across as prickly as she can at times with all them pecking at her.

Or just limit the topics to the Music ONLY. That would be great, like the MOJO interview. :smile:

The View is the lesser of what?

Madonna can do better shows like Letterman, Ellen, Kimmel, Fallon, Good Morning America, and Today, shows that actually draw an audience. The View is slightly better than the Talk but those are like bottom of the barrel.

As much as I like Rosie, she really does herself no favours with her constant leaving of shows. We all have had painful break ups in life and we can't all just leave our jobs every time we split. It happens too often with Rosie unfortunately. There will be a stage where she will be deemed to risky to hire due to her jumping ship too often.

Well, according to Rosie's own words, the divorce/family issues coupled with her survival of a near fatal heart attack (she basically had the kind where you pretty much die on the spot, and she survived) has her worried for her own health. While she has lost a lot of weight, and says her health is better, I can't blame her for trying to avoid another heart attack, or near fatal/life-altering health issue due to stress, which her doctors have supposedly warned her about. On the other hand, maybe it's a financial issue regarding the split...

But "constant leaving of shows" is a bit much. It's been 1 show primarily - The View. The first time it was due to a lot of factors (not just the on air fight) culminating in her leaving. She was only contracted for one season then anyway. The same this time around, I believe (1 season contract), but is leaving to due "personal issues." Sure, it doesn't look great for her, I agree, but she's not exactly "constantly" leaving shows...

I don't think a format like The View works for her. I think a solo format suits her better. There was talk of developing a kind of liberal pundit late-night show for like MSNBC that would have probably worked out much better for her.

Guest Rachelle of London

If she has heart issues becoming a pundit won't work. She should concentrate on getting better. We all predicted on that other thread that she wouldn't last long on The View.