LIVING FOR LOVE VIDEO

She probably had 8M of those snattychap views

Yes!

Back in 2012, people also complained about the GGW views on youtube but the video was also premiered on E! channel and then on their website. People are so obsessed with youtube views that they can't understand that it's better to premiere the song to several million people than just put it on youtube.

She could have 2 youtube views, I would care. Snapchat has 200 million users and the Grammys have an audience of 25 million people in the US, it's not as if nobody will hear Living for Love :stir:

Don't forget that views on vevo.com also count (these are separate from Vevo on YouTube)- it's topped 500K there.

It's possible that the Grammys performance- if it goes over well- will have a positive effect on video views.

If it goes over well?? Oh HolidayGuy, it WILL go over well

In short : you don't like painting and philosophy. Even shorter : you're a redneck.

You should probably know something about visual meanings, you have Roland Barthes nickname. one of the greatest visual philosopher. you should reread him again... maybe after it you will agree with me.

Oh no!! I hope nobody thinks I was talking about Promise to Try in my last post! I wasn't!! I love PTT!!! I'm referring to the stupid comments on YouTube (which I said I wasn't gonna read :lol:)

Thank you for clearing that! (and to the others, of course), I thought I was in the wrong forum!!!and of course, new people are more than welcome here, with different oppinions or points of view, that I sometimes share, and other times don´t...

that said, I can´t stop playing the video...do my view counts in spain? this system is really weird for me.there are like 600.000 views so far: is that in the US' in Europe? in all the world?

Thank you for clearing that! (and to the others, of course), I thought I was in the wrong forum!!!and of course, new people are more than welcome here, with different oppinions or points of view, that I sometimes share, and other times don´t...

that said, I can´t stop playing the video...do my view counts in spain? this system is really weird for me.there are like 600.000 views so far: is that in the US' in Europe? in all the world?

:lol: I usually try to stay neutral because 1) I don't wanna hurt anyone's feelings and 2) My feelings are easily hurt and some people can be pretty vicious. But all the complaining about this video just pissed me off this morning but I promise my comment was not directed at you. I didn't even see your comment when I posted that.

687,330 views in one day.

It's very low but she can go higher with promo! The goal is to reach the 51M views of GMAYL.

that low too, she should get 200 million like others..

:lol: I usually try to stay neutral because 1) I don't wanna hurt anyone's feelings and 2) My feelings are easily hurt and some people can be pretty vicious. But all the complaining about this video just pissed me off this morning but I promise my comment was not directed at you. I didn't even see your comment when I posted that.

:gent:

Don't Tell Madonna To Stop.
By Hayden Wright | /Bent
February 6, 2015
http://blogs.indiewire.com/bent/dont-te ... p-20150206
Yesterday, the heavens opened up and dropped a new Madonna video into Snapchat, a platform I use but detest for its superficial, ephemeral silliness. In the last decade, we’ve seen Madonna at her most ephemeral, and her most silly. Despite moments of undeniable greatness (remember Super Bowl halftime shows before she did one? Neither do I.) and commercial highs, Hard Candy and MDNA are albums not just critics but ardent fans admit are flimsy efforts.

I’m quick to note, they are great albums. The smash success of “Blurred Lines” proves that, if anything, the beats and frills of Hard Candy came five years too soon. But timing, like the leak-plagued release of Madonna’s forthcoming Rebel Heart, has not always been on the Queen’s side.

That’s what makes yesterday’s video release such a resounding success. Since Confessions on a Dance Floor, radio has backed off from Madonna’s music--no matter how successful or record-breaking an album or tour is, she’s held to the side as something different, something less than mainstream. For her to have been relegated to this “legacy” phase would be less insulting if she were making music that was worthy of her legacy, but she wasn’t. Or wasn’t quite.

“Living for Love” is the best song Madonna has released since 2005. The video, which casts her as a “Take A Bow”-style matador fighting off minotaurs, or wooing them, or both, is exceptional in many ways. Despite the choppy editing, the Birdman-like fluidity of the camera shows us Madonna at her most physically powerful and commanding, perhaps ever. This is the superhuman Madonna of legend, not of reality, which we see in painful Instagram gaffes and that ricket-ridden appearance on stage with Macklemore at the 2013 Grammys.

It’s all still there. The immaculate use of gesture, the peerless gyration. It was a moment when, as the lyrics of “Living for Love” suggest, Madonna picked up her crown and put it back on her head. She’s not just keeping up, as many have accused her of failing to do in recent years.

I don’t want to know how we got to a place where “feminist” blogs like Jezebel reward one of the most important women of the last century by opining that she’s desperately clinging to youth. Or worse yet, telling her to “stop.” Oh no, not that. Please don’t. Don’t ever tell Madonna to stop.

In the video, Madonna dominates a room full of men, not with dainty pop dismissals but with palpable conviction and force. Her eyes are as stony and confident as we’ve ever seen them while she flies on wires and vanquishes her ex-lovers. Guy. Sean. Warren. Jesus. We have to believe they’re all there in effigy. The feminist subtext is not a needle in the haystack. It is the haystack.

For Beyonce fans, addressing Mike Huckabee’s preposterous attacks is easy to build a consensus around. Madonna’s greatest adversaries live within institutions she helped to build: catty gay men who prefer someone newer, pop divas who don’t know their place, gossip sites that trade on the brand of celebrity Madonna invented, and third-wave feminists who willfully submerge Madonna’s importance.

One has to believe that anyone with the audacity to tell Madonna to stop has slept through the first three decades of her career. The entire premise of the Madonna enterprise is that she’s an unstoppable force, who will do as she pleases without yielding for criticism. As fans, we go through the fruitless motions of defending her: Sometimes that’s easy and sometimes it’s a challenge. This is not a difficult time to stand up for Madonna. It’s not a hard groove to get into.

I could wax predictably about how Madonna makes me feel strong when I’m weak. How her defiance in the face of critics has caused me to care less about what my own critics, including those in the committee inside my head, think of me. I could say that Madonna made coming out easier, that her records and performances have been transcendent experiences in my own coming-of-age story.

I could write about ageism and sexism and rattle off the objective metrics by which Madonna is untouchable by her peers and followers. And usually, I would have to write those things. I would have to give exposition and context, a bit of history and a bit of religion. But her latest video, praise be, doesn’t require me to do that. It speaks for itself.

At best, Madonna’s recent albums have been described as “savvy.” In her new video, Madonna is not being savvy. Madonna is being Madonna.

Guest Rachelle of London

Oooh now that others have pointed it out, I recognize the Smooth Criminal lean too! How cool is that?! Yet another reason to love this video :D

How did you of all people not notice it. When I saw it I thought how happy you'd be to see that in there. It's so cool

The video is reposted MANY times on YouTube by various people. I had to search for the Vevo channel to find the official video (the one that counts). There was a copy video that even had the Vevo logo on it, as well as some who list their copy as official video. :rant: Those have to take away some of the number count.

I read somewhere that youtube only counts 1 view every 30 minutes from the same ip address..is it true?

I read somewhere that youtube only counts 1 view every 30 minutes from the same ip address..is it true?

You're right, Youtube only counts 1 view from the same IP but it's not for every 30 minutes, the duration is not publicly known (it may be a few hours). If you watch a video 20 times in a row, it only counts as 1 view...

How did you of all people not notice it. When I saw it I thought how happy you'd be to see that in there. It's so cool

I was obsessing over the last minute of the video (where she brings out the great choreography) before and didn't pay much attention to most other scenes, but yep, now I've defo got another favourite scene! :D

In some way, the video is a perfect match with the song: both are ultimate growers! Was a bit underwhelmed back when the song was first released, but with every listen it's just been getting better and better and now it's my favourite out of all new songs by far! I feel like it won't be that different either when it comes to the video :p

Can we please have a separate thread for YouTube views for those who are obsessed and care so much about it?

There's always drama just about anything.

Can we please have a separate thread for YouTube for those who are obsessed and care so much about it?

There's always drama just about anything.

Yes please. These suffering fans get on my nerves. Instead of enjoying they are obsessed thinking of other things!!