REBEL HEART - THE SPOILER ZONE 2 (links will be reported to Guy Oseary)

Ok so I went ahead and listened to these 6 new demos too - I'm still staying away from the final album leak, but since none of the newly leaked demos will make it, they're fine to listen to for me.

My first thoughts...Take A Day is pretty weird...Take It Back is funky as hell, but that doesn't change the fact that it sounds like a HC reject. Alone With You has an amazing chorus, the rest is a bit of a letdown though. I'm not feeling Score or Trust No Bitch, the latter's got cool lyrics indeed, but musically it's going nowhere. Out of these demos, Heaven probably is my favourtie...it sounds like a rather early demo and there's not too much going on, but I do like the chorus and vibe of the song.

To be honest most of these new demos leave me rather cold. Definitely the weakest bunch of demos that leaked so far. I'm still maintaining the very first leak with the 13 demos was, by far, the best one! So glad most of those made it to the album. The second demo leak had a few outstanding songs too (Inside Out, Best Night etc.) and once again, I'm glad that these made it too! But when it comes to this bunch, I think M made the right decision to ditch them! :thumbsup:

Does anyone else feel like Demo 3 should have been the final version of Wash All Over Me?

When Wash first leaked, I actually was against that random EDM breakdown. I felt like it didn't compliment the song's lyrics but I don't know...I've kind of warmed up to Avicii's demo. Demo 3 is great because of how carefully the production is structured. The first verse have these electronic pads which make the song very atmospheric and then the strings start to play at 0:33 building a bit of suspense. Instead of the EDM breakdown, the next verse plays with a drum track. It's not until 3:07 where we hear the breakdown in all its glory and I think this was a great idea because it just builds-up so well. I'm also fond of those vocal manipulations.

I do enjoy the album version though. It's very atmospheric and you feel like you're literally being 'washed over'. I just feel like this song was never produced to its potential. Hmmmmm

Edited by Guest

.]Madonna would like Ghosttown and Devil Pray to be released as singles. And we are excited!

We also learnt that tentatively the video for Ghosttown will be filmed by Swedish director Jonas Åkerlund.

Jonas Åkerlund previously worked with Madonna for her Ray of Light, Music, American Life, Jump and Celebration videos. And besides, he directed her Confessions Tour DVD and Im Going to Tell You a Secret documentary. [...]

http://drownedmadonna.com/madonnas-next-singles-rebel-heart-video-director/20150214

Great choices

It's almost certain we'll be getting more great videos!

Does anyone else feel like Demo 3 should have been the final version of Wash All Over Me?

When Wash first leaked, I actually was against that random EDM breakdown. I felt like it didn't compliment the song's lyrics but I don't know...I've kind of warmed up to Avicii's demo. Demo 3 is great because of how carefully the production is structured. The first verse have these electronic pads which make the song very atmospheric and then the strings start to play at 0:33 building a bit of suspense. Instead of the EDM breakdown, the next verse plays with a drum track. It's not until 3:07 where we hear the breakdown in all its glory and I think this was a great idea because it just builds-up so well. I'm also fond of those vocal manipulations.

I do enjoy the album version though. It's very atmospheric and you feel like you're literally being 'washed over'. I just feel like this song was never produced to its potential. Hmmmmm

I do like it, but I think the final version is kind of perfect. Would have been cool to have one of the uptempo versions as a bonus track though. It works nicely as both and honestly this is what M's remixes should sound like, not the Eurotrash shit we always get.

Omg this is so cool. It works so well. It's like having all new demos. I'm downloading it and putting an alternative cover! they sound really good. They took elements of both versions and blended them, keeping the things some people probably preferred)

Funny, I actually prefer the verses on the final version and the choruses of the demo. It just sounds fuller and more powerful. So the opposite of what they did here. I also like the bridge on the final version.

Funny, I actually prefer the verses on the final version and the choruses of the demo. It just sounds fuller and more powerful. So the opposite of what they did here. I also like the bridge on the final version.

lol maybe we can get him to do the opposite of what he did!!! 😂😂

I can't make out the words before power in the second line of the chorus or the first word in the first verse, but here's the rest.

Trust No Bitch lyrics

This is a special time
I put in the hours, you can count on it
Now ? power, you can trust no bitch
You can trust no bitch, they can flip the switch
?, wipe your tears and console me
That he ain't good enough for me, shake those insecurities
Listen, I got my intuition
I see right through your stick together, girls forever, men snatching tricks
Monday, you call me up about Friday
Then disappear until Sunday, back here trying to talk your shit
Drama, ever heard about karma
Just a word about trauma
That's what you have coming to you
Besties, had your hand on his testes
Hope you loved every second of your violated STDs
Girlfriend, you just did me a favor
I know human behavior, time to elevate my shit
I put in the hours, you can trust no bitch
And by the way, you're as cheap as your weave
And as fake as your tits

Edited by rebelvvv

Omg this is so cool. It works so well. It's like having all new demos. I'm downloading it and putting an alternative cover! 😍😍😍 they sound really good. They took elements of both versions and blended them, keeping the things some people probably preferred)

Thanks, Mensch. :inlove:

This should totally be the album version. The chorus on the demo was too rough; on the other hand, the final was a little too weak.

Can he do the same thing for Beautiful Scarf and Inside Out?

So what are the "new" demos of songs that we already know that leaked besides hold tight with MNEK?

Is there a new demo of rebel heart?

OMG someone remastered the first Rebel Heart demo we had. Sounds perfect noooow I'm in love. Also demo 3 of WAOM is really good (I prefer it rather than the album version although it grew on me)

Edited by JoanOfArc

Count me too! I love the vibe of the Pharrell tracks but I can see why she rejected them, maybe Gwen will pick up one.

So I'm about to replace RH and WAOM album versions with the demo ones.

oboy.gif

I also feel WOAM never reached its full potential. The Avicii production also sounded incomplete, I thought it needed punched up somehow. It doesn't quite work as a full on ballad for me, despite having excellent lyrics.

I wanted something like Kanye meets Swim meets Frozen. The only real disappointment for me, though. All the other demos were vastly improved, in my opinion. Although I never did hear the full RH demo. That's the one most people seem to complain about.

Guest HaveASit

Some are saying Trust No Bitch is going to be on some editions of the album and it was reworked by DJ Dahi and Blood Diamonds.

I didn't listen to the demo.

Really? Wow, that would be amazing