REBEL HEART - THE SPOILER ZONE 2 (links will be reported to Guy Oseary)

So do you people who have already listened think this album ranks with career bests for her?

Because I do based on nine songs.

I personal rank it as my 6th best M album. Definitely my favorite since American Life. The track list is a bit too eclectic but the amount of 5-star tracks make up for it.

Oh..... there aren't even words for the brilliance of this album. But I'll try...

FUCK YES.

:inlove: So if we think the first nine tracks are brilliant beyond compare, the next ten will slay us also.

:inlove: So if we think the first nine tracks are brilliant beyond compare, the next ten will slay us also.

Oh....you're in for a ride. And then the bonus tracks... :drama:

What this woman is doing, at this stage in a pop music career, on this level.... it's unprecedented.

For me, I put in my top five Madonna albums, so far at number 2, right behind Erotica. It bumped down Bedtime Stories and American Life to 3 and 4.

Oh....you're in for a ride. And then the bonus tracks... :drama:

What this woman is doing, at this stage in a pop music career, on this level.... it's unprecedented.

For me, I put in my top five Madonna albums, so far at number 2, right behind Erotica. It bumped down Bedtime Stories and American Life to 3 and 4.

I LOVE HEARING THIS!

to your previous question, Holy Water is only danceble in the chorus. The beat in the verses will make your body confused lol Therefore I think this song is not really dance material. There is a classic reference in the end, which puts this song into a category of slow motion erotic kind of dancing.

Body Shop could be a really nice track for some exotic, Arabian dance. I love this song, very chill and creative.

Inside Out is sexy and you could totally do a slow pace erotic kind of dance with this one as well.

Wash All Over Me is a ballad all the way

Best Night is perfect for listening in a car driving at night, or play it in the background in your living room on a date.

VVV is not a dance track either. It's a hip-hop ballad.

Messiah is perfect for a ballet kind of dance, or something very dramatic, expressive and emotional.

Rebel Heart is totally danceble, in whatever way you want. But needs some good remixes.

To me Rebel Heart is number 1 right now!! Years later it may get behind Ray of Light, but nothing else for sure!! As much as I love a couple of songs on American Life, Rebel Heart delivers a lot more material that is extraordinary, splendid and brilliant to ever put it behind something else previously released by Madonna.

I think some fans may be too attached to previous eras/albums because there are too many memories associated with them. But Rebel Heart is the best album she's ever released and that's my opinion. I know many wont agree, but that's because they haven't "owned" the new album yet. It's still a "new kid" on the block. It will be a classic one day and people will swear by it!!

Were people really creaming over Alone With You? I gave in and listened and was disappointed. It didn't take me there. I don't see the appeal....

I just heard "Alone with You"--and was eager to do so ever since hearing the LQ snippet. As I expected it would be, it is my favorite from among those songs that will not be appearing on the official release, other than the gorgeously wistful "Queen."

Although I really like "Alone with You" as a whole, my favorite part is the bit of the chorus that begins with "There you go--didn't you make a convenient exit" and that continues with "Here you come, trying to make a convenient entrance." The melody of that part is exactly the kind of classic Madonna melody that first made me a fan back in the 80s. Urgent, poignant, and instantly memorable, it really takes me back to when I first heard a new Madonna release during that wonderful decade.

I must say, however, that this song will probably appeal most to fans like me--those who like the classic "pop" Madonna more than the hip-hop or DJ-oriented Madonna.

Can someone please tell me if the song S.E.X. is more campy/fun or dark and ominous? Thank you!

It's a mixture of both! The lyrics are fun and a little campy. The tone of the overall song is a bit more dark. Trap music with subtle strings throughout. But of course the lyrics are total fun.

I guess for a lot of us, the demos are the closest we will ever be in getting anywhere close to the 'recording process'. It would be an amazing experience to sit on an actual recording session, but alas this will not happen for 99.99% of Madonna fans!

One thing I was thinking was why Madonna never ran with doing a studio version of 'Behind The Bars' (from her not-so-secret-project)?

I guess for a lot of us, the demos are the closest we will ever be in getting anywhere close to the 'recording process'. It would be an amazing experience to sit on an actual recording session, but alas this will not happen for 99.99% of Madonna fans!

One thing I was thinking was why Madonna never ran with doing a studio version of 'Behind The Bars' (from her not-so-secret-project)?

I even mentioned it to her when she was leaving the party but I'm sure it's about it being copyrighted and the fact that he's dead...maybe it makes it more complicated. Idk ...

I even mentioned it to her when she was leaving the party but I'm sure it's about it being copyrighted and the fact that he's dead...maybe it makes it more complicated. Idk ...

I guess the quantity and quality of her Rebel Heart recording sessions doesn't mean she is short on tracks of her own!

I guess the quantity and quality of her Rebel Heart recording sessions doesn't mean she is short on tracks of her own!

Yeah it was just probably never part of her plan. Just a one time thing that she never thought would get out (but with fans there, it did) unlike her song with Lola la vie en rose etc...

You know the BEST thing is everyone that had their complaints about initially listening to the finished versions of different songs like Rebel Heart, Inside Out and Beautiul Scars (and all the rest but these were very polarizing)...

They retracted their opinions and then said they loved the finished more and it was epic! The finished one is so good that it seems like to hard to digest dause it was changed from what you know from listening to the demos...but a couple of listens in, you suddenly realize how EPIC and SMOOTH Beautiful Scars is for example and how put together and polished up the finished Rebel Heart is, and how date Inside Out would've sounded in its demo form and how edgy it sounds now.

So, in fact, I love how everyone's opinions changed. Plus, we got all these other amazing songs that didn't even make the cut that are GREAT!

But also the demos feel disjointed. The finished album is so cohesive, it's almost the only way to listen to it. The demos are premature to them. It's great to have them but I don't listen to them together. I'm either listening to the demos, the album, or the demos that didn't make the final cut

But also the demos feel disjointed. The finished album is so cohesive, it's almost the only way to listen to it. The demos are premature to them. It's great to have them but I don't listen to them together. I'm either listening to the demos, the album, or the demos that didn't make the final cut

I'm pretty much the same! The deluxe version of the album is what I run through from beginning to end (if I am in the mood). There's a folder with the could-have-been-contender ones, kicking off with Back That Up.

Omg this is so cool. It works so well. It's like having all new demos. I'm downloading it and putting an alternative cover! 😍😍😍 they sound really good. They took elements of both versions and blended them, keeping the things some people probably preferred)

Agreed! The album really does feel like one complete statement. I can see why she went in the direction she did when it came to some of the demos. And katypatra, I am with you. Right now, Rebel Heart is neck and neck with Erotica for my favorite album. If it weren't for the memories and associations I have with E, I don't know whether it would even be a question. As it is, music is so wrapped up with memory and circumstance in a person's psyche, so I'm not sure that Erotica could ever truly be replaced, but this one is GOOD. Amazing, really.

.]Madonna would like Ghosttown and Devil Pray to be released as singles. And we are excited!

We also learnt that tentatively the video for Ghosttown will be filmed by Swedish director Jonas Åkerlund.

Jonas Åkerlund previously worked with Madonna for her Ray of Light, Music, American Life, Jump and Celebration videos. And besides, he directed her Confessions Tour DVD and I’m Going to Tell You a Secret documentary. [...]

http://drownedmadonna.com/madonnas-next-singles-rebel-heart-video-director/20150214

I think its time to accept I'm getting old! As much as I love this album, I'm loving Alone with you, 2 steps behind and the original RH demo more. Classic, camp and fun. Whats wrong with a bit of cheese?

Also, is it me, or does Score remind anyone of Jesus Christ Superstar?

^^^ I get what you mean. And as we get older, we become more nostalgic. Nothing touches Ray of light, erotica, and Madonna for me.

We must be a similar vintage: my favourite albums in order are -- Ray of Light, Madonna, Confessions, Erotica, Bedtime Stories and then American Life. Nostalgia plays a huge part in 'Madonna'.