REBEL HEART - THE SPOILER ZONE 2 (links will be reported to Guy Oseary)

Random question. Is Best Night fast/uptempo, or is it more languid like Don't Stop or I'd Rather Be Your Lover? Does it have a good melody and/or hook? Which is faster: Best Night or Hold Tight?

Random question. Is Best Night fast/uptempo, or is it more languid like Don't Stop or I'd Rather Be Your Lover? Does it have a good melody and/or hook? Which is faster: Best Night or Hold Tight?

Hold tight is much faster, Best night is more along the lines of i'd rather be your lover.

This album is ridiculously good. US fans are getting completely spoiled this time around. I love all the finished tweaked demos. Can't stop listening to "vvv" "s.e.x" "messiah".

I'm having a hard time with "waom" I think it's brilliant how they stripped it down, however ...what instrument is making that strange muffled train track sound @ the 45 second mark? It's distracting. I'm hoping someone can explain it or the the use of it and why it's there so I can start appreciating that section of the track.

Thank you, sir! Is Hold Tight the fastest song we have?

Not exactly, I think i may have confused it a bit, its still mid tempo but very uplifting, It's the heavy drums in the back that make it seem faster, Its euphoric, makes you feel like you soaring through the sky looking down on everything with an amazing feeling of freedom.

Not exactly, I think i may have confused it a bit, its still mid tempo but very uplifting, It's the heavy drums in the back that make it seem faster, Its euphoric, makes you feel like you soaring through the sky looking down on everything with an amazing feeling of freedom.

My God this description sounds amazing!

I loved those background vocals in the VVV demo, thought it was genius! Great to hear they're still (partly) there in the final mix.

That brings up a question in my mind...does the final mix still feature these beautiful guitars in the chorus?

Yes! Thankfully. :)

I love when nods to the past get woven into her work... my favorite still being the "Vogue" lyrics during "Deeper And Deeper" (going so far as to include quick flashes of the "Vogue" video on a television within D&D's clip.)

And let me add that "Vogue" makes a lot more sense in the context of "Deeper..." than it does in the middle of "Holy Water". :1251:

Yes! Thankfully. :)

I love when nods to the past get woven into her work... my favorite still being the "Vogue" lyrics during "Deeper And Deeper" (going so far as to include quick flashes of the "Vogue" video on a television within D&D's clip.)

And let me add that "Vogue" makes a lot more sense in the context of "Deeper..." than it does in the middle of "Holy Water". :1251:

I don't see how Vogue makes sense in Holy Water either but I don't really mind it. Anyway, has any of you tried singing Fever over it? It fits perfectly.

Well, I cried at several songs but a couple of them were demos that didn't make the album, like Freedom (a lot of people didn't like this song but for some reason it really touched me). As far as album tracks, Queen, WAOM, Joan of Arc, Messiah. They're all VERY moving. Sometimes it's not even the meaning of the song or the lyrics, but the overall sound that moves me to tears. It's just THAT beautiful. The production on this album is 10 steps ahead of anything she's done before. There are sound effects and backing vocals and "oooooh"s (i'm a sucker for ooooh's :lol:) that just blow me away.

this X2

Best Night is like a groovy Forbidden Love from BS.

I'd say the fastest song we have is LFL. And from the ones you haven't heard, Iconic.

When the male voice of Queen is saying: May god bless you all, I always got goosebumps. That song is so strong. It could be a farewell song. I am looking forward if M will sing it on tour, or what she refers to.

I guess so. It's the baby crying at the beginning and that rattle sound which puts me off. I´ve tried to listen to the song completely but after 30 seconds I just can´t, I have to skip it.

I made my own edit without the baby and rattle and it's so much better. :)

Best Night is pure gorgeousness and sexiness in it's groovy mid-tempo, excellent melody and then hook and the "wanting, waiting, for you" part is she speaks in the midst of the lyrics later in the song makes me so happy!!

Maybe I'm alone in this but Inside Out is my favorite song from the album, I'm in love with the lyrics, the melancholic melody and the dark production. I think I love it because it sounds very Depeche Mode-ish and they're my favorite musicians along with Madonna.

This album is ridiculously good. US fans are getting completely spoiled this time around. I love all the finished tweaked demos. Can't stop listening to "vvv" "s.e.x" "messiah".

I'm having a hard time with "waom" I think it's brilliant how they stripped it down, however ...what instrument is making that strange muffled train track sound @ the 45 second mark? It's distracting. I'm hoping someone can explain it or the the use of it and why it's there so I can start appreciating that section of the track.

Yeah, they sounded like muffled conga drums. I think it works because there's lots of drums on the album. It matches the marching drums on HeartBreakCity.

I adore WAOM as a ballad.... I know what you are saying about that little beat that kicks in... it seems weird at first but definitely works as it buillds into the marching drum... especially the second time it kicks in the next verse... the song is glorious both as ballad and dance track

Maybe I'm alone in this but Inside Out is my favorite song from the album, I'm in love with the lyrics, the melancholic melody and the dark production. I think I love it because it sounds very Depeche Mode-ish and they're my favorite musicians along with Madonna.

+1

Really? Which ones? How do you know?

Hold Tight, Joan of Arc, Iconic. The next three in sequence. Um, I can't remember which source confirmed, but someone else will chime in. And it's definitely legit.

Really? Which ones? How do you know?

I thought I read somewhere it was the next three on the album which would be Hold Tight, Joan of Arc and Iconic.