LIVING FOR LOVE Video: The QUEEN OF LIFE Delivers Another Classic Video!

ALL HAIL THE QUEEN!!

B9Gre_VIgAAxEKy.jpg

That outfit and haircut are PERFECT :drama:

I hope this is what she's going to look like at the Grammys!! :drool:

I love the spotlight at the beginning then it opens and she flicks her shoulder.

The whole first half choreography is wonderful. So is the whole second half.

Too many cutaway shots of the minotaur and the sound f/x are probably a bit too much. Again, it could be bc I'm watching the premiere in low quality (WHY IS THAT BTW???!!)

The minotaur dancing gets better as the video goes on and I don't mind the cutaways as much.

The whole "Criminaldonna" part and her dancing on the platform is LIFE.

Getting lessor pop princess lessor vibes when she gets into the leotard but SHE DOES IT SO MUCH BETTER so it's not a problem at all. LOVE IT IN FACT.

Still no gun fingers that I can see but there is a cringe moment .. the sucking of the thumb. lol why?

Not sure how bullfighting plays into LFL either or why on earth she brought this theme back but it's wonderful updated and the colors of the video are gorgeous. GLAD THERE'S NO CHOIR.

I love this comment from UK Mix:

"Don't usually like this kind of music, I'm more into urban/r&b/hip-hop, but I really enjoyed LFL, and the vid is AWESOME!

Hope they don't take too long and upload it to VEVO ASAP!"

and how is this video REDUCTIVE? you cannot even use this adjective in the right context. :megamanson:

Doesn't reductive mean doing something already done but in lesser quality? Well, the video contains specific things she's done before. Whether it's of lesser quality is subjective. It's a valid option if you think she did these things better in the past.

what does that mean btw? I never get it.

As in "she's a business" and she's emphasizing this to a woman. She's not a "business woman." She is THE BUSINESS. She's the empire, not just one person.

Still no gun fingers that I can see but there is a cringe moment .. the sucking of the thumb. lol why?

It reminds me of the breast feeding scene with the doll in GMAYL. I don't think it's cringe-inducting. It's just Madonna being silly. :)

Not sure how bullfighting plays into LFL either or why on earth she brought this theme back

It's very obvious isn't it. Love is a battlefield. All those minotaurs represent apparitions or illusions of love (e.g. Guy, Sean, Carlos, Brahim, Jesus etc.) but in the end she is not defeated and her faith in love remains intact.

And some idiots here thinking she's copying herself just don't get it. She's completely turned the whole matador thing upside down and has given it a fresh meaning.

"Take a Bow" is completely different. Ugh.

In fact, "Living for Love" song and video are both the complete polar anti-"Take a Bow", and in a sense the perfect companion.

I don't think it is remotely reductive. The whole "bullfighting" that people are talking about from Take a Bow and You'll see is completely different from this in every way. It is her interpretation of a dance and the bull is now a man and is done brilliantly. She is the star and centre-stage and not sharing a romantic story like in the other videos. I love it.

And some idiots here thinking she's copying herself just don't get it. She's completely turned the whole matador thing upside down and has given it a fresh meaning.

In fact, "Living for Love" song and video are both the complete polar anti-"Take a Bow", and in a sense the perfect companion.

yes ,it's the opposite message

yes ,it's the opposite message

Thank you!

Poor Madonna. Even some of her fans are too stupid to get her intellectual messages. No wonder she gets a hard time from the general public sometimes!

Guest Rachelle of London

If people don't like the video or find it reductive don't watch it then. Easy.

Must suck to be you! The video is flawless! Madonna is the Queen and I bow the fuck down!

THIS!!!

It's very obvious isn't it. Love is a battlefield. All those minotaurs represent apparitions or illusions of love (e.g. Guy, Sean, Carlos, Brahim, Jesus etc.) but in the end she is not defeated and her faith in love remains intact.

:clap: I thought the exact same! However, I really love how ambiguous the video is in terms of interpration due to its simplicity.

Yup, it's the flipside to Take a Bow.