LIVING FOR LOVE Video: The QUEEN OF LIFE Delivers Another Classic Video!

Do you guys think they put the quote at the end because of the complaints about the bullfighting stuff? Just as a guide point to people to watch the video in a certain way and not be mislead with nonsense?

Just something that came up to mi mind...

The quote is the inspiration for the video and the album probably and portraying a bullfighter is how she created the canvas from the quote.

Are people that dense.

The quote is the inspiration for all of it!

It's funny how some fans criticized M for years because she used collabs with young singers as lead singles, and now that she's doing a lead single alone, there's nobody to praise her for that... No, now they criticize her because of her hair or outfit :lmao:

No, it's not. That's what she did for MDNA. The videos, pictures, and music were like a best of all her iconic moments. Some felt that the whole project didn't have a theme, but I saw it has a retrospective. Whether or not that was intentional is up for debate. My issue with the Living For Love video is that it seems odd to do the retrospective thing again.

You are being way too critical. To quote the new film Mr. Turner: "there is no place for cynicism in art." If you can't appreciate the layered and highly choreographed video we were just gifted then you need to re-see it. You just don't get it yet

It's a beauty and the imagery is incredible. Madonna has never once made a video like this, nor danced with minotaurs, or done anything that's like this. To see this video and only focus on minor connections to Take a Bow, or one "similar" hair style to S&S is just being obtuse.

Please learn to enjoy when Madonna is doing great art.

I don't know how a minority of fans can watch this rich video and all they can respond with are vapid, clueless comments! These rigid fans either want her to reinvent the wheel in every aspect or are very stuck in the past holding a vigil for Ray of Light 2.0. It's time they let go or move on to somebody else already! Stop tormenting yourselves or go join the 3 sexually frustrated people posting on theotherbore.

I just watched the video again and loved it more noticing things I didn't the first time. I can't wait till we get a HQ upload on youtube to enjoy even more!

I'd rather see Madonna referencing her work then some pop tart doing it and not giving Madonna any credit!

I agree with that! I see Madonna references in a lot of things these pop bitches do, yet they act like they created it.

Perhaps you haven't listened to Best Night, Holy Water, Hold Tight and VVV. Listen to them and you'll find out why.

Guest Rachelle of London

You know what when I first heard LFL I was thinking that the video was gonna have a choir and people singing that they are living for love and it dare I say be "cheesy"

However trust Queen Ciccone to spin this and turn it into a fuckin work of art. Like the fact that 33 years into her career she still has the artistic vision to do a video like this and execute it brilliantly. My god I just love this woman! Like I'm sorry I'm a Beyoncé fan but I couldn't see Beowulf do this. I couldn't see Gutga do this. I couldn't see Rihyawna do this. We are the luckiest fanbase ever! 56 years old and still slaying yes I said slaying the rest. I'm in awe. I swear to god she's not human. Queen.

You are being way too critical. To quote the new film Mr. Turner: "there is no place for cynicism in art." If you can't appreciate the layered and highly choreographed video we were just gifted then you need to re-see it. You just don't get it yet

It's a beauty and the imagery is incredible. Madonna has never once made a video like this, nor danced with minotaurs, or done anything that's like this. To see this video and only focus on minor connections to Take a Bow, or one "similar" hair style to S&S is just being obtuse.

Please learn to enjoy when Madonna is doing great art.

Ok. Maybe you are right. It went over my head or something. I'm looking forward to seeing it tomorrow.

The video has a lot of Madonna references:

Papa Don't Preach strut

La Isla Bonita/You Can Dance/Mitsibushi ad

Take A Bow video

Lo Que Siente La Mujer (Drowned World)

Sky Fits Heaven (Drowned World)

Vogue corset (re-Invention)

Get Together (Confessions Tour)

Sticky & Sweet hair

I think it's also reminiscent of La Isla Bonita on the Girlie Show tour, in terms of her movements and posture.

Guest HaveASit

I don't know how a minority of fans can watch this rich video and all they can respond with are vapid, clueless comments! These rigid fans either want her to reinvent the wheel in every aspect or are very stuck in the past holding a vigil for Ray of Light 2.0. It's time they let go or move on to somebody else already! Stop tormenting yourselves or go join the 3 sexually frustrated people posting on theotherbore.

I just watched the video again and loved it more noticing things I didn't the first time. I can't wait till we get a HQ upload on youtube to enjoy even more!

Ironically, I saw Riverwide praising the album on ATRL

Guest Rachelle of London

I think it's also reminiscent of La Isla Bonita on the Girlie Show tour, in terms of her movements and posture.

Yup.

It's funny how some fans criticized M for years because she used collabs with young singers as lead singles, and now that she's doing a lead single alone, there's nobody to praise her for that... No, now they criticize her because of her hair or outfit :lmao:

I'm REALLY HAPPY to not have a collaboration as a first single again. It's like the good ol' days........ 2005.

Nothing new? Have you ever seen Madonna as a matador? Fighting minotaurs? :huh:

As a matador? Yes. Fighting minotaurs? No.

huh? aside maybe from the papa don't preach walk and the beasts in MDNA nothing in this video is like anything she's done before

i mean yeah there's curtains like Girlie Show but.. if this would have pics of her older stuff or a collage video, then i'd be worried! but this is very fresh and new

This matador outfit is her strongest look since the pink leotard. It screams iconic

I agree! I just love those jackets! I want them!

The video is fresh! It's just part of the fun of being a fan... seeing glimmers of her past works within the new.

I actually gasped out loud when she started doing the little strut around the circle because it was so PDP. I sincerely doubt it even occurred to her it while filming. :lol:

I've never really cared for the album version of LFL. I don't dislike it, I just prefer the demo version. But I must say, it REALLY works in the video with all the sound effects. It goes very well with all the powerful imagery.