REBEL HEART - THE SPOILER ZONE (links will be reported to Guy Oseary)

Anybody else loving the Album version of Beauftiful Scars? Madonna has never done a song with a production like this. This really is new for her. It has that 70s disco sound in a very chill and lounge music kind of way. The ending with the male voice is to die for.

YES!!!!! I never really took to the demo, but this throwback R&B/soul disco vibe is so lush. Absolutely a gem. And a perfect follow-up to the heavy journey you've just been on on the main album.

These songs could all be singles. I love them all! <3 This album is so good!

Some of them were way better in their demo version (Joan Of Arc, Messiah, Wash All Over Me Demo #4 and Borrowed Time) but they still sound great to me ;)

Edited by FraP

Borrowed Time is the only song where i don't know if i like the demo more or not. Sometimes i miss the trepidant beats of the demo, but the finished track is so great too. Love the message of that song.

So apparently the leaked deluxe album that leaked is not mixed nor mastered, i tried it on my soundsystem and i think it's true since there's a lot of variations in songs and saturations.which a regular 320 cd rip does not have.

I don't know if it's a matter of mixing and/or mastering but the quality of these files is not comparable to an actual CD rip. When you listen to the songs at high volume, it sure is painful. There's a lot of distorsion. Such masterpieces don't deserve to be listened to in this way. I can't wait for the actual CD. Actually, I can't wait for vinyl quality. I am sure than more than anything she is outraged that we are being exposed to her new work of art through these not-so-high-quality files.

The people complaining are the ones who wanted an album consisting mainly of tacky euro dance music. The Avicii sound from 2012 is dated already and the general public knows that, that's why those songs aren't on the charts anymore.

I dont think thats necessarily true. some of the de-aviccii-ying has worked very well (wash all over me), but some of it is dated in its self. Graffitti heart is like some kind of shonky unofficial garage / drum n bass remix - really not current sounding at all. The album version of rebel heart doesnt sound current, just different, as if it has been made different for the sake of it. Its lost some of its vibrancy and energy, replacing a band sound with a clunky shuffling strum/beat. And lets not talk about that horrific beautiful scars remix. one of the biggest "demo to master" crimes in her catalogue.

Overall she was right to move away from the Avicci sound (see WAOM or Borrowed Time or Addicted), and i dont think any madonna fans were thrilled when they heard his name. That said i think sometimes they've remixed (often sloppily) his tracks to simply be different, not thinking whether or not the new music and production is in keeping with the song or style. In that way parts of the album do feel over produced.

I dont want this to come over as a complaint, as she obviously had her reasons for wanting to do this, and we should not have been privy to the demos like we were, but i think at times its been misguided and not in the interests of the best end product.

I love "Beautiful Scars"! I love what this track evolved into: a smooth,infectious disco song.And you're right,this is a whole new style for her.She's done the 70s throwback thing before,but never has it been this appealing.

BEAUTIFUL SCARS IS AH MAH ziiiing it feels like in Ibiza's chill out... Very Cafe del marish love soo much the evolution of the trac, always happy when i hrar it beginning!!!

So apparently the leaked deluxe album that leaked is not mixed nor mastered, i tried it on my soundsystem and i think it's true since there's a lot of variations in songs and saturations.which a regular 320 cd rip does not have.

I agree it doesnt feel mastered, but who knows nowadays. baffling decisions are made about the end release all the time. One of the things i was so impressed with about the 6 advance tracks that we got, was how well mixed they felt. her voice was balanced and level in all the music, not buried underneath distorted or loud instrument tracks. Some of these leaked versions feel like that, so maybe its true. that said it does feel very close to the end product.

I agree it doesnt feel mastered, but who knows nowadays. baffling decisions are made about the end release all the time. One of the things i was so impressed with about the 6 advance tracks that we got, was how well mixed they felt. her voice was balanced and level in all the music, not buried underneath distorted or loud instrument tracks. Some of these leaked versions feel like that, so maybe its true. that said it does feel very close to the end product.

The first 6 tracks released on iTunes sounded DISTORTED AS FUCK while the the same tracks on the leak sound much better, especially Unapologetic Bitch, that sounded like Timbaland produced it with that fucking distorted beat, so obviously you don't know shit about anything. :lmao:

What even? The 6 tracks have major mastering issues too. Obvious ones.

I was listening to the the first 6 tracks last night and when it ran from BIM to Hold Tight the volume level and general sound was completely different, hold tight sounded dark, murky and quieter than the previous 6 songs, which makes me believe it's not mastered, or possibly has a quick temporary master plugin on it.