REBEL HEART - THE SPOILER ZONE (links will be reported to Guy Oseary)

Guest toomawashi

I FAR prefer the final album versions of all the songs. It's nice to have the demos though (the more the merrier).

Pulling out the generic pop sounds of so many of the demos and infusing them with the album sound direction just gives everything life. All production is on point. Beautiful Scars with that retro R&B disco sound is HEAVEN...and the perfect follow-up to the main album experience.

I was never that blown away by Joan of Arc, Borrowed Time, Holy Water, S.E.X., Body Shop, Iconic, or Beautiful Scars...but the final versions are all absolute gems...if not classic Madonna. It's really unbelievable with what they did with those demos, and is a real testament to her genius. She sure can turn water into wine.

The only thing that slightly falls a bit flat is Rebel Heart itself. That final breakdown after the chorus was amazing, and I always felt taking out the Avicci sounds but reworking it with a harder guitar based orchestration, but with the heavy bass that rest of the album now has, would have really worked.

THIS! :tigger:

I envy you guys! Ive been gone for few days and now all of you are talking about the leaked 19 tracks...ive only heard the six songs released last december. Cant wait to hear all these amazing songs! Im such a flop fan! :)

Love the album so much. the more i listen the more layers i discover, the more parts of the production i appreciate. The lyrics are so beautiful, the atittude, the voice, the atmosphere. The incredibly variety of styles and songs, it's like having found a vault with lots of unreleased gems from her whole career, there are songs that fit in every one of her previous albums, and at least half of Rebel Heart is so brand new, a path she has never explored before!!!

I couldn't get to my car fast enough this morning to start listening. Started off with WAOM and cried again. :lmao: Then I realized I somehow left Queen and BS off my CD so now I gotta burn another one. :lol: I have gone through so damn many CD's since the leaks started because I HAVE to have them in my car. :lol:

I couldn't get to my car fast enough this morning to start listening. Started off with WAOM and cried again. :lmao: Then I realized I somehow left Queen and BS off my CD so now I gotta burn another one. :lol: I have gone through so damn many CD's since the leaks started because I HAVE to have them in my car. :lol:

I know, eh! There's so many tracks that they don't all fit on 1 cd...the cdr's are flying off my shelf with different versions of every track and new tracks leaking constantly and my 50,000,000 different versions of what is or might be my current favorite combination of the tracks lol OMG I LOVE THIS ERA!!!

Can someone repost the Queen lyrics?

I just walked he ENTIRE Manhattan searching for the Rebel Heart posters...no luck!!! I'll try again tomorrow!

If you find a poster take a selfie please :blush::sassy:

This album is just so pleasing to the ears. It soothes me, it inspires me, it rejuvenates me. It's EVERYTHING.

Agree.

I have just talked about it with some work pal who loves Madonna too. And he is so happy too, he just told me "It's so Madonna, it's her in every song. And although so many songs are so different to each other, as a whole they make a wonderful cd. You have to listen to at least 10 or 12 or 14 songs to find one that maybe you don't like so much".

I agree with him 100%

After 2 days of listening, i can say that i really love this album. Definitely his best since COADF. I'm still not very fond of S.E.X. and Holy Water but they're much better than the demos suggest. The pure emotions of JOA demo was lost, but the final version is still very beautiful. The greatest success of the album is to bring together so many different sounds while remaining unified.

My 10 favorites :

Rebel Heart

Body Shop

Messiah

Joan of Arc

Wash All Over Me

Graffiti Heart

Unapologetic Bitch

Inside Out

Ghosttown

Veni Vidi Vici

I sincerely think it's better than COADF.

In fact, I think it's the first Madonna album that can't be compared to any othe one, because there's such a mix of songs, there are so many paths... It's more a project than an album. It's more another way to market music that nobody has ever done before. It's a mix between giving away songs, sell songs, promote the artist, promote the concert...

Madonna has been very clever. And one thing that will be POSITIVE about the leak is that more people will discover this work. Many people that maybe wouldn't have bought it, will download it just for the sake of it and there's a song for every one of them. There's a song for the Taylor Swift ones, there's a song for those who like hip hop, there are ballads, there are really interesting featurings, there are sexual songs, there are Madonna old-school songs...

We will see what happens with sales in the future, but i think that Madonna's fanbase is going to GROW A LOT this time!

A few people at MT are complaining about various "butchered" songs (compared to the demos), although the moderators have (quite rightly) closed the thread and there is to be no more discussion about the album until it's released (repeated warnings about not discussing unreleased tracks went unheeded, so they ended the discussion).

Some other major fans I know are saying it's 50% good, 50% underwhelming, "too long" etc. etc. I'm excited to read the universal praise in here, though, and can't wait to hear it all on March 6th, which is exactly 28 days and one hour away here! :thumbsup:

I don't know how anyone could be anything but blown away by this album! I've said it before and I'll say it again - what more could you want??? Some people must have expectations that could never be met.

Confessions is a completely different album with a different mood and type of music! How can you even compare the two? Sometimes I can't stand playing Confessions when im in a silly, cheerful mood, hanging with friends and what not, because it comes across as too serious, almost preachy. I love listening to it when im alone, dancing with myself. It is my favorite album for sure, as it was the peak of Esther, which is my favorite of all Madonnas. But comparing it to Rebel Heart is rather silly.

Rebel Heart is a totally new sound, fresh to our ears. It has an industrial, rebellious vibe with heart and genuine emotion in it. It makes people wanting to tune in and get into the beat. It's not only modern, catchy and jamming, it's also inspirational, motivational and thought provoking. You getting tired of the songs means just that, you're tired! You're a human being and your brain sometimes needs rest, even from Madonna! :inlove: ♡

Preach it! Each album is different. No sense in comparing!

With each listen im still discovering new things I hadn't noticed before. It's incredible.

And so many singles options. I hope we get lots of singles.

(I'm still a little worried if the standard edition is just the first 14, coz won't the singles be from the standard version?)

A few people at MT are complaining about various "butchered" songs (compared to the demos), although the moderators have (quite rightly) closed the thread and there is to be no more discussion about the album until it's released (repeated warnings about not discussing unreleased tracks went unheeded, so they ended the discussion).

Some other major fans I know are saying it's 50% good, 50% underwhelming, "too long" etc. etc. I'm excited to read the universal praise in here, though, and can't wait to hear it all on March 6th, which is exactly 28 days and one hour away here! :thumbsup:

Mtribe is dumb as fuck though. Is there anything from M that they don't bitch about?

These are the songs that I find flawless and amazing and dont skip:

"Devil Pray"

"Ghosttown"

"Unapologetic Bitch"

"Illuminati"

"Hold Tight"

"Joan of Arc"

"Iconic" (featuring Chance the Rapper and Mike Tyson)

"HeartBreakCity"

"Holy Water"

"Inside Out"

"Wash All Over Me"

"Best Night"

"Veni Vidi Vici" (featuring Nas)

"Rebel Heart"

"Queen"

"Borrowed Time"

"Graffiti Heart"

"Autotune Baby"

"Addicted"

These are the songs that I find flawless and amazing and dont skip:

"Devil Pray"

"Ghosttown"

"Unapologetic Bitch"

"Illuminati"

"Hold Tight"

"Joan of Arc"

"Iconic" (featuring Chance the Rapper and Mike Tyson)

"HeartBreakCity"

"Holy Water"

"Inside Out"

"Wash All Over Me"

"Best Night"

"Veni Vidi Vici" (featuring Nas)

"Rebel Heart"

"Queen"

"Borrowed Time"

"Graffiti Heart"

"Autotune Baby"

"Addicted"

No Body God? ny24.gif

I hate those type of fans who complain about everything. They're mentally deranged.

I wouldn't call them fan.

It's ok if there's some stuff you don't like but if you complain about everything, you're really not a fan.

With each listen im still discovering new things I hadn't noticed before. It's incredible.

And so many singles options. I hope we get lots of singles.

(I'm still a little worried if the standard edition is just the first 14, coz won't the singles be from the standard version?)

No, other pop acts have released singles from deluxe versions.

I have only heard negative things about MT. I am glad I'm here on MN. :)

I like MT and the site owners are passionate about Madonna and do an amazing job (under a barrage of criticism from people who believe that they have the right to question rules imposed by the people who pay to keep the site up and running). There are some very vocal members there, though, who come across as being very negative. Some have wandered over here in the past and haven't survived long, whereas others (whom I've met in person) thrive and are respected in both environments, due to their ability to make positive contributions without attacking others. There are a lot of great people at MT (as I said, I like it and I like the moderators a lot - I've met them in person, too), but I spend far more time here and find it to be a more positive discussion environment (in spite of the very best efforts of the moderators over there).