REBEL HEART - THE SPOILER ZONE (links will be reported to Guy Oseary)

Finally on Rebel Heart. I listened to the bonus tracks earlier. I feel like I've been whalloped.

This works really well as an album. I don't hear anything super immediate is probably the only thing I would say. I can't see any songs that I would say will be #1 hit singles, but it's a fucking GREAT album. I'm pretty sure on the first go-round that Iconic and Messiah were my favorites.

My favorite surprise moment was Nas' rap on Veni Vidi Vici

Low points - Rebel Heart changeup from the demo (although it fits the album better) - that's it for me.

I'm very glad I didn't listen to the demos (aside from RH and WAOM). I will seek them out once I've heard the album a bit more and it's had more time to digest.

Guest bluejean

MADONNA IS SHAKING HER FUCKING HEAD RIGHT NOW GUYS

as per instagram

:/

God I need to hear this fucking album

:(

So give it a spin then!

Yeah, a repeat of the second chorus is abruptly chopped off. :lol:

Yeah, I noticed it too :D Well… It doesn't bother me as much as the overall quality of her vocals in that track.

I know it's a horrible thing to say considering that it's a leak of an album that's supposed to come out in 1 month but this was THE BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT EVER! And now that I'm finally unbanned again I can post my opinion on all of the "new tracks".

I think the songs that improved the most from their demo versions are S.E.X., Holy Water, Body Shop, HeartBreakCity, Borrowed Time, Grafitti Heart & Wash All Over Me. I think those songs have surpassed their demos to a great extend and sounds absoulteley brilliant now.

I like the demo of S.E.X. about as much as the final version I think. Holy Water is OMFG :dramatic: makes me wanna strip on a pole and dance! IT'S SO GOOD! Like 30000x better than the demo but I expected nothing less. Body Shop was a beautiful song even in its demo stage. The subtle touch-up has improved the song to a great extend and I'm actually very surprised at the fact that this song is labled as explicit and that only a few changes made this song so much better. HeartBreakCity is now utter perfection. All it needed was a bit of a punch and that's exactly what it got. Wash All Over Me never really worked as a dance track imo. It just sounded wrong like most of Avicii's production which was literally lifted from one of a few of his own tracks. This version is an anthem and it just beautiful! I can totally see her performing this at Live Earth. Borrowed Time was always a great track and the new mix just gave it the bit of edge it needed! Fucking love it...too bad there wasn't enough room on the album left to include it. 1f648.pngGraffiti Heart is now extremely uplifiting, just how it should be! It really makes you feel like you could conquer the world, very Ray of Light-esque.

I'm glad Best Night stayed the way it is. It really didn't need any additional work. Inside Out on the other hand I'm not so sure about. I loved the guitar during the chorus so much. It's much darker now but it sounds kind of hollow...and the "one more time" is annoying. Veni Vidi Vici was always an okay track for me. I don't think it needed any more work done to it and so did M apparently. I don't really like Nas' contribution to the track, especially the intro seems kind of awkward. Hold Tight is just as good as the demo imo, slight improvement but it was a great track right from the start. Rebel Heart is a great song, it really is. I think it's quite overrated, however, especially the demo version. I'm glad there is no Avicii on it, but the fact that it's all folk now makes it look a bit filler-ish tbh. It didn't take away from the great melody and lyrics though. Iconic's second demo was one of my favourite tracks and this version is about as good, I think. I think it still needs to grow on me a bit but I really like it so far. Messiah was never one of my favourite tracks. I wanted it on the album because I can see a lot of people liking it and it certainly belongs on the album. I'm kind of sad the song never really clicked with me. Who knows...maybe after a few more listens it will! ;)Addicted was my favourite demo of the first bunch but once we got all the other stuff I rarely listened to it. I like the new version but I wish it would've been completely redone. I think it could've improved with new production but it's still good the way it is now. Autotune Baby is okay, good enough as a bonus track but definitely not album material. Queen is a nice bonus track as well, but I don't really care for it.

Beautiful Scars has been ruined! This version literally makes the whole songseem like some cheap mash-up. The lyrics don't suit the production and vice-versa. This remake was unnecessary. The same goes for Joan of Arc. Making this song an semi-uptempo song is hideous. The song was cute but kind of boring in its demo form but now it's really just forgettable. Both songs are still good. It's not like they're horrible or anything but they have been slightly downgraded.

I'm still praying that they tracklist is going to change. It has no flow whatsoever. I for once have found my way of ordering the tracks and I can only recommend listen to it that way for the perfect album experience! I know you're probably annoyed at me for saying this over and over again but I really can only recommend you to try it! 1f609.png

1. Illuminati

2. Bitch, I'm Madonna

3. Best Night

4. S.E.X.

5. Holy Water

6. Inside Out

7. Unapologetic Bitch

8. Iconic

9. Veni Vidi Vici

10. Living for Love

11. Joan of Arc

12. Body Shop

13. Devil Pray

14. Hold Tight

15. Ghosttown

16. HeartBreakCity

17. Messiah

18. Wash All Over Me

19. Rebel Heart

20. Queen

21. Borrowed Time

22. Grafitti Heart

23. Beautiful Scars

24. Autotune Baby

25. Addicted

All in all this album might be her best effort since COADF or maybe even Music. The songs are everything I wanted for this album and more! ALL OF THE SONGS I WANTED ON THERE ACTUALLY MADE IT! There are 0 fillers or awfully hideous songs! The album is diverse, yet pretty cohesive and current-sounding. It's a great mix of classic Madonna melodies and current/fresh production. Just how a Madonna album should sound like. If this doesn't win anything, then there's clearly something wrong with the world!

bitch no

TRICK YES

i find it awfully suspicious that the first "rushed-released" 6 tracks sound very similar to the demos, but these remaining tracks have all been reworked or hacked. Wonder if these would have still be similar to the demos had they not been leaked.

So, having only listened to Wash all over me and Rebel Heart demos, here´s my take on the album:

I see Madonna is still in the mindset of the tour as the guiding axis on how to bulid up an album. I think she did a more consistent job with Rebel Heart than with MDNA, and not because there is cohesiveness (though RH has more similar "sections", while MDNA was all over the place), but because llyrics and melodies are better.

Living For Love is still amazing, and within the context of the whole project I can see why it was chosen as first single. It embodies both the rebel and the heart, and it gives a good introduction into the whole sound of the album, something the past two first singles did not.

Ghosttown and Devil Pray are, after two complete listens to the whole thing, definitely still single material.

Unapologetic Bitch is, IMO, the strongest of the self-referential tracks (Bitch I´m Madonna, Iconic, Veni Vidi Vici, Queen). Although Queen did move me. Is M telling us her fans that it is OK, that she is happy giving up the throne? I think Madonna´s self referential songs have reached an expiration date of sorts. She´s gone from introspective soul digging (Drowned World, the whole AL album) to the positive and empowered reality of her life and what she represents in today´s popular culture (Give it 2 me, Beat Goes On...), and also those delicious fuck-you "this is me" songs (Human Nature, Like it or not). She should drop this theme for a while.

Both tracks I had previously heard before have vastly improved. Wash all over me was terrible in its demo form, cheap. Now it is one of my favorites in the album. Rebel Heart sounds more polished, better overall.

The rest:

Hold Tight, Joan of Arc, Borrowed Time and Messiah are great. Among the ones I can´t stop listening to.

Autotune Baby, S.E.X. and Best Night are awful. Same goes for Illuminati.

Body Shop is cute, but I don´t see myself listening it very often. Same goes for HeartBreakCity and Grafitti Heart.

Addicted, Holy Water, Inside Out and Beautiful Scars are good, not amazing, but they might grow on me if I give them a few more spins.

I think the album flows perfectly well. I think I'll treat the bonus tracks as a separate EP, and I may uncheck Autotune Baby on iTunes!

P.S. Best Night, SEX and Illuminati are fantastic!! I'll agree with Autotune Baby though.

Guest bluejean

TRICK YES

i find it awfully suspicious that the first "rushed-released" 6 tracks sound very similar to the demos, but these remaining tracks have all been reworked or hacked. Wonder if these would have still be similar to the demos had they not been leaked.

You don't know what you're talking about.

For starters, half the songs released in December were heavily reworked from the leaked demos.

There is no way it takes only 2 months to completely rework 10 plus songs with the schedules of the likes of Kanye West and other big producers. The versions that leaked were 6 months old when they leaked and this is a known and proven fact.

when you hear the finished released songs, it's obvious that the leaks haven't been mastered. her voice sounds a bit weaker in them too, there's less dimension/loudness(?) - just compare devil pray to the leaks and voila. i think what we got isn't even the official finished album, it's one step before it.. maybe before mixing or mastering?