MadonnaNation.com Forums

The other thread is above 40 pages. Let's continue discussing Katy Perry's magnificence in this thread.

It wasn't a terrible performance but nothing spectacular either. She's really not my type of artist and I found parts of her show to be cliched and gimmicky. The whole shark thing seems a bit childish for my taste, but I can see how people would enjoy it as it's supposed to be "fun". Definitely inspired by Madonna, not just her SB performance, but ROL with Lenny at the VMA's in '98 and Missy at the VMA's in '01. Not that there is anything wrong with that. If you are going to be inspired by anyone, make sure it's the best! Plus she is always gracious when talking about her inspirations. My favorite part of the whole thing though was Missy without a doubt. The section was for me the most entertaining.

(I did think the giant tiger thing was pretty cool until I saw the tech dudes operating it. Made it look so cheap LOL!!)

I LOVED IT! And believe me I'm not a Katy Perry fan. Far exceeded my expectations.

she did a good job

I LOVED it!!! she did amazing and her performance was really entertaining, way better than beywance. Were those really pre-recorded vocals? I didn't notice, I was convinced she was singing live.
The dancing sharks were the cutest thing in the world omg :lmao: oh and I can't at the people saying missy elliot stole the show...bish plz.

Hahhahah @ Anderson Cooper. Wtf!!

I enjoyed the show but i do have to say I really think Missy got the place pumping... Katy was good. I'm not shading her I love her. I'm just saying Missy really rocked the house.

Princess of Pop? Really?

:newspaper:

I didn't really think it was that special. Sure, the show itself was awesome and truly extraordinary...but Katy herself? I'm sorry, she has good songs, lots of style, but her performances are average at best. Her live voice has improved since her beginnings, but it's still pretty dire...and when it comes to dancing / entertaining the crowd, she's far from impressing too.

Nice show though and the guests were pretty cool too.

I really enjoyed it and am not really her biggest fan. I thought the gigantic lion in the beginning was brilliant !

This is one of the most boring Superbowl performances ever and I can't believe the overwhelmingly positive reactions on this board. So I guess since M is cool with her that would give her a free pass? Everything is flat and simply just unexciting. There's absolutely no flow between each section and half of them look like kindergarten plays. I don't hate her or her music but she is just so fucking basic...

The tiger was dope though

Guest whatatramp

Katy "dancing" next to Missy was really really awkward

omg don't :scared:

I think her going off for costume changes ruined the flow of it, do you think missy being there is why she didn't have to pay for it? I love missy but thought it was strange that she got to perform three of her songs, I thought she would be there to do Last Friday Night

This is one of the most boring Superbowl performances ever and I can't believe the overwhelmingly positive reactions on this board. So I guess since M is cool with her that would give her a free pass? Everything is flat and simply just unexciting. There's absolutely no flow between each section and half of them look like kindergarten plays. I don't hate her or her music but she is just so fucking basic...

The tiger was dope though

Don't insult our intelligence. I never give someone a free pass or like them simply because Madonna likes them. Who or what Madonna likes never influences me and I doubt it would influence others here. You are entitled to your opinion but don't think that we are idiots who can't make up our own minds.

So what are the numbers??? I haven't seen any of thst posted yet.

tacky use of props, as usual

i do like the girl though! :)

Katy "dancing" next to Missy was really really awkward

Yeah, I thought that too actually. Katy just doesn't have enough soul to be able to pull off the 'funky white girl' act.

Katy is no princess. She has had amazing singles and videos but her albums remain to be very very generic. For example "Prism" is FULL of fillers.

But we shouldn't take away all the credit from her. Like said, she has improved a lot during last few years. Her singing is pretty good and she is very involved when it comes to her "image". That W magazine interview with Madonna made me change my opinion about her creativity.

amazing performance!

why Missy Eliot sings an old song "get your freakin on" of decades ago because it was her only hit ? :rotfl:

All I know is that my facebook feed was filled with Bayonse stans trashing her and posting B's show. They're quite upset that KATY PERRY of all people upstaged B's halftime. :chuckle: