MadonnaNation.com Forums

Jaz    0
33 minutes ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Dont see how this won't go #1. Streaming alone has her back. I'm 50/50 on how well this sells. 0 doubt it be massively front loaded. Demand is maximum right now for her...maybe more than anyone else (3.5 years since a new first single)! Almost unheard of nowadays. Toilet Shiate isn't quite there yet. 

After a second listen, I really think the song will do very well.  It is very in the moment.  The lyrics are good.

I also think Toilet will do well with her comeback.  I think Katy and Toilet are the new pop feud princesses for the next 3 years or so.  I'm looking forward to it, lol. I enjoyed Toilet's last effort; it was really good for a pop princess (I'm not ashamed to say so). Don't underestimate Toilet.  Don't forget that she's Regina George in sheep's clothing, lol.

I'm rooting for Katy to win, but rooting for pop music in general.  Pop music has been in decline lately.

rocknrolla    0

Haven't heard the song, but "chained to the rhythm?"  Oh, dear.  And she's dyed her hair blond, that was one thing she had going for her that made her stand out that she was a brunette.

I'm thinking she's going to struggle with the transition into an adult pop star after all.  Beyoncé and Madonna made it seem so effortless.

11 minutes ago, Nman93 said:

What a banger. That Skip Marley verse is so unnecessary though.

Yeah adds ZERO to this song lol. Just an extra random wasted 5-10 seconds. Kind of sorta like Pharrels 'get stupid' in GI2M. Totally unnecessary. Better off cutting it and just maintaining what's already a pretty flat flow lol 

Nikki    0

its nice but music is so boring nowadays. compare that to madonna's amazing discography..

anyway, I wanted to listen to the song and the comments on youtube are filled with arrogant and petty gag fans

stevo208    0

I love this new single. I want it to go to number one. Out of all the girls, the only one I care for is Katy, tbh. 

VogueMusic    0
3 hours ago, madonna_fan1988 said:

The thing is the message is so simple to get! How are people so dumb?

You're asking that question now...?  :chuckle:

San    0

It's boring. But that lyric video is cute!

It reminds me of Style, with a better hook and better vocals. Katy and Taylor will be in trouble if they keep relying on Max Martin.

Jazzy Jan    0

Not feeling it completely yet but do love the lyrics and the message behind them.  It may be a grower but I feel it lacks that punch that her lead singers usually have.  I kissed a girl, California Girls and Roar were instant smash hits ditto with Hot n Cold, Teenage Dream and Firework.  Still love Katy though and hopefully she has a great video that lifts the song more. 

Orion    0

Love it! Good job Katy

the lyric video is cool too

3 hours ago, rocknrolla said:

Haven't heard the song, but "chained to the rhythm?"  Oh, dear.  And she's dyed her hair blond, that was one thing she had going for her that made her stand out that she was a brunette.

I'm thinking she's going to struggle with the transition into an adult pop star after all.  Beyoncé and Madonna made it seem so effortless.

The song is actually deep, it is actually a social critique of western middle/high class and how we are unaware to what is happening in the world sheltered by consumerism and how we think we are free yet we are also slaves of the system.

nightcutter    0

I love the hamster!

Martin B.    0
37 minutes ago, nightcutter said:

I love the hamster!

He's so cute! :inlove:

spotlight    0

It's nice but there is something missing. I can't put my finger on it.

Just now, spotlight said:

It's nice but there is something missing. I can't put my finger on it.

I agree, but she will slay let's be honest and I'm all for Mrs. Perry, steal that thunder gurl! 

spotlight    0
Just now, Flip The Switch said:

I agree, but she will slay let's be honest and I'm all for Mrs. Perry, steal that thunder gurl! 

:headbang:

Illuminati    0
1 hour ago, jazzyjan said:

Not feeling it completely yet but do love the lyrics and the message behind them.  It may be a grower but I feel it lacks that punch that her lead singers usually have.  I kissed a girl, California Girls and Roar were instant smash hits ditto with Hot n Cold, Teenage Dream and Firework.  Still love Katy though and hopefully she has a great video that lifts the song more. 

Totally agree with you. I feel it's a grower. It lacks a certain punch and is a bit monotonous, but somehow has its charm. There's something in Katy's voice that puts a smile on my face. Maybe it's her quirkiness and her cheerful nature which makes it sound refreshing despite the rather generic production.

Hapertje    0

OMG! HOOKED ON THIS SONG!!!!

karbatal    0

This girl has never been among my favs but this song is so incredibly witty and great!  Lyrics so on point with the world situation, melody so catchy and perfect production! 

karbatal    0
5 hours ago, rocknrolla said:

You clearly missed the whole point of the song :lol::lmao:

karbatal    0
5 hours ago, rocknrolla said:

Yikes, I liked Perfect Illusion better :sneaky:

*dies*

Kilt    0

The song is so boring, but catchy. I'm afraid her audience will be forever puberty-stricken teenage girls.