Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums

Recommended Posts

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its totally fine. Effective and catchy enough, def think it's perfect for radio and the GP. Still think the production is a bit flat but not 'bad'. If it was simply tweaked up/hotter could've actually been pretty epic. A 4 on the floor beat would've done that. As usual she plays it safe and a tad bland. Um..as usual she did NOT need the useless 5 second Marley rap at all lol. That said, still better than most of the shit out there and on radio! lol. Def another # 1 for Katy and will rightfully piss all over/suck up the remaining residue hype of Lady Dishrag Lol!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't expect her to release something socially aware! I love the cynical lyrics and the political undertone of it. Definitely her strongest lead single so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, loowee said:

I didn't expect her to release something socially aware! I love the cynical lyrics and the political undertone of it. Definitely her strongest lead single so far.

A lot of people are saying that. I still think CG was her best lead. I Kissed A Girl was obviously too gimmicky. This is separate but equal to Roar imo (again super safe, radio friendly the numbers, guaranteed smash the GP will eat up). That one positively wasn't as instant though as this. What I love about her though is she delivers the goods (even if it's a bit bland or not). More importantly doesn't take this shit so seriously and never *tries too hard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, peppermint said:

It is efficient enough for her to give her yet another #1 hit.

Oh. This. 

Most are saying basically the same thing- that it's more than acceptable enough but the production is lazy-ish, stagnant and def needed work. No reason why after that first buildup it doesn't venture off into something different and hotter. Again, will prob do fine but the foundation was there for something better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, madonna_fan1988 said:

The youtube comments. :lmao:

People thinking it's just a dance song to the club. :lmao:

Yeah and Perfect Illusion was channeling Bob Dylan!! 😄 this is no "Roar" but this will shoot to #1 without a doubt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this will be bigly YUGE! 

it sounds great on the radio - they played it twice on Nova (national radio station) within 15 minutes here in Australia starting at 4pm when it was released

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Oh. This. 

Most are saying basically the same thing- that it's more than acceptable enough but the production is lazy-ish, stagnant and def needed work. No reason why after that first buildup it doesn't venture off into something different and hotter. Again, will prob do fine but the foundation was there for something better. 

I think the major issue I have with the song is the anti-climatic melody of the chorus, which seems to be a trend in pop music. But songs like this usually have lower burn out rate for me, once I get used to the monotonic melody I'll be bopping this hard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, loowee said:

I think the major issue I have with the song is the anti-climatic melody of the chorus, which seems to be a trend in pop music. But songs like this usually have lower burn out rate for me, once I get used to the monotonic melody I'll be bopping this hard. 

Yep. As Ive said this has grower potential. I know it wasn't a 1st single but this is kind of getting similar reaction to Birthday. A lot of division and similar feedback. People loved or hated it for the same reason (meh production and lyrics) w/ little grey area. I happened to love Birthday. Subject to change but preferred that to this (so far). Roar was a grower too but it packed more of a universal punch than this. It had many major hooks lyrically and production wise. This basically doesn't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The song is fine, but I think it will under perform for a Katy song.  Her first singles are never her best (Hot & Cold, Teenage Dream, Dark Horse - were all better singles from their respective albums than the lead songs).

Of course this will do huge ITunes and radio numbers the first week.  This is Katy Perry, who hasn't failed pop radio yet (unlike Gaga who is stupid).

 

This will probably be #1 on the Hot100, but one (or more) of her later singles will be the classic pop bops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Jaz said:

The song is fine, but I think it will under perform for a Katy song.  Her first singles are never her best (Hot & Cold, Teenage Dream, Dark Horse - were all better singles from their respective albums than the lead songs).

Of course this will do huge ITunes and radio numbers the first week.  This is Katy Perry, who hasn't failed pop radio yet (unlike Gaga who is stupid).

 

This will probably be #1 on the Hot100, but one (or more) of her later singles will be the classic pop bops.

Dont see how this won't go #1. Streaming alone has her back. I'm 50/50 on how well this sells. 0 doubt it be massively front loaded. Demand is maximum right now for her...maybe more than anyone else (3.5 years since a new first single)! Almost unheard of nowadays. Toilet Shiate isn't quite there yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i like it...and yeah i like the message and groove. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watch the club mix basically fill in every blank I wished the (so far) regular version has! lol :/ Whatever happens critiques and all still hope this exceeds and is deep in the green w/in hours and buries all the other shit lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a banger. That Skip Marley verse is so unnecessary though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×