5iVe Elements

Katy Perry thread

925 posts in this topic

My Princess will be back soon :inlove: 

Longer snippet, sounds great!!! Come on Katy dethrone that ugly! 

hqdefault.jpg

did she work with swedish producers ???

its pure amazingness discotheka. The right sound I need for this season !!!

I hope Katy is performing at grammys and steals the show from some clowns :p

Her campaigns are always so cool! I don't always like her music, but I do appreciate the theatrics behind her releases. If the clip represents the overall sound/feel for this era...then I may even like the music too this time.

Come on Katy! Deliver us from drollness!!

shoot it was removed! :/ Dying to hear it now. Even the 30 sec clip. Go Katy!! 

Sounds promising!

The clip sounds fabulous and the imagery is on point. She really nails it when it comes to appealing to the masses. 

Not sure if this is the same one. Hmm..it's basically pounding in my head..and loving it! lol All about 26 seconds and on (the melody/hook/vibe). Smash. Flush and GAGa on that! :D 

AMAZING !!!

sounds fresh and effortless beautiful

20 hours ago, peppermint said:

With 14 seconds I already know this is gonna piss all over the gunt's perfect delusion as the opening single!! Come steel this bitch's thunder Katy...we're waiting!

It's kinda sad that M's fanbase is waiting and wishing for Gaga to fail. Specially when there is no need because she fails all the time. 

1 hour ago, San said:

Her campaigns are always so cool! I don't always like her music, but I do appreciate the theatrics behind her releases. If the clip represents the overall sound/feel for this era...then I may even like the music too this time.

Come on Katy! Deliver us from drollness!!

I have always liked Katy.  As a pop star, she delivers big time.  I know she is not the greatest singer or performer but I think all people that like her, never claim that and simply enjoy her.  She just is consistent in how she puts out great pop songs time and time again, and is never pretentious.  Plus she is interesting, beautiful and quirky at the same time.  Also loved how she called out Taylor Swift,  shows up that demented brat Gaga and idolises Madonna.  In a sea of bland and boring pop stars that are dominating at the moment, I think Katy and Rihanna stand out. 

12 minutes ago, Alexz said:

It's kinda sad that M's fanbase is waiting and wishing for Gaga to fail. Specially when there is no need because she fails all the time. 

WRONG. WE WANT TOTAL DESTRUCTION. GAGA DUST. 

1 minute ago, Lucky Star One said:

WRONG. WE WANT TOTAL DESTRUCTION. GAGA DUST. 

Yes! Hahaha. 

I love how Katy ruins her world and lives in M's. So yeah I am not the biggest fan of her music, but I may be buying the single for 1.29 Friday—unless I really hate it.

55 minutes ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Not sure if this is the same one. Hmm..it's basically pounding in my head..and loving it! lol All about 26 seconds and on (the melody/hook/vibe). Smash. Flush and GAGa on that! :D 

Yeah, I don't like that now with the singing. It sounded more raw in the instrumental snippet. Just too safe sounding...wish she'd go a little darker/less saccharin. Just a smidgen. It'll do its job nevertheless.

23 minutes ago, jazzyjan said:

I have always liked Katy.  As a pop star, she delivers big time.  I know she is not the greatest singer or performer but I think all people that like her, never claim that and simply enjoy her.  She just is consistent in how she puts out great pop songs time and time again, and is never pretentious.  Plus she is interesting, beautiful and quirky at the same time.  Also loved how she called out Taylor Swift,  shows up that demented brat Gaga and idolises Madonna.  In a sea of bland and boring pop stars that are dominating at the moment, I think Katy and Rihanna stand out. 

YES....."Jesus-Jan"!!!  I'm not the biggest Katy fan, but her sound and presence is a lot more refreshing than most of those other pretentious bitches.  I do like her humor and attitude (and love for M). 

At first glance of the snippet, I thought how cool it would be to see Katy chained to the disco ball and on the other foot, a chain around Gags neck....dragging her through the desert, a-la Perfect Delusion outfit!!!

Agree with @jazzyjan.

I like Katy because she's not pretentious, she's kind, funny, humble, and she has FUN with her music (these new pop/R&b acts are going all pseudo alternative....boring). 

Plus, I find her incredibly sexy and I feel she knows how to appeal to the GP, she's a very likable popstar. 

Last but not least I love many of her singles and videos, she serves good stuff most of the time. 

2 hours ago, jazzyjan said:

totally agree jan - love Katy and her music

Like what I'm hearing so far.

2 hours ago, jazzyjan said:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I do like Katy as well for what was mentionned above! not an OUNCE of pretentiousness. She is cool, detached, extremely funny..doesn't take herself seriously. And yes, she always gave the props and respect Madonna DESERVED.She has bigger numbers than Gaga on every front but doesn't constantly shove it down our throats. Also, let's face it, Katy is more beautiful on a hangover day then Gaga on the red carpet. She is overall a very likeable entertainer as opposed to the gunt who is a 5 foot parasite who thinks she is this bigger than life "artiste"

It sounds very good. I wish her all the best. :tigger:

6 hours ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

The first snippet was a little more daft punkish but I will support no matter what 

4 hours ago, peppermint said:

I do like Katy as well for what was mentionned above! not an OUNCE of pretentiousness. She is cool, detached, extremely funny..doesn't take herself seriously. And yes, she always gave the props and respect Madonna DESERVED.She has bigger numbers than Gaga on every front but doesn't constantly shove it down our throats. Also, let's face it, Katy is more beautiful on a hangover day then Gaga on the red carpet. She is overall a very likeable entertainer as opposed to the gunt who is a 5 foot parasite who thinks she is this bigger than life "artiste"

:lmao:

I love Katy but the snippet is worrying me. It sounds too safe and a bit Taylor Swift 1989ish.