Demo Discussions 3 (Spoilers ahead! NO posting/requesting links allowed)

Guest alexstone

I'm so in love with Alone With You. The melody is simply perfect and there's something in the way she sings the chorus that strongly reminds me of the Madonna of the 80's. I can't understand why is it a leftover. I NEED that song in my life. The whole song. In glorious HQ. Like right now. Thanks.

I couldn't agree more!

According to LindebergBoy in the Madonna-Infinity forum, who seems to know what he's talking about, the newly leaked demos are mislabeled.

"Living for Love" is actually demo 3, while "Messiah" is demo 4. Both are earlier demos than the ones that leaked in December.

The new "Wash All Over Me" demo is demo 3, i.e. a later mix than the ones that leaked in December. Demo 4 (Avicii's final mix) remains unleaked.

Autotune Baby is great. The baby effects are a little pointless and gimmicky - i dont feel like they are needed. apart from that its a great pop ballad.

I thought the same thing .. that maybe in the final version they have taken that out, but since its still called AB, i presume its there in the final.

According to LindebergBoy in the Madonna-Infinity forum, who seems to know what he's talking about, the newly leaked demos are mislabeled.

"Living for Love" is actually demo 3, while "Messiah" is demo 4. Both are earlier demos than the ones that leaked in December.

The new "Wash All Over Me" demo is demo 3, i.e. a later mix than the ones that leaked in December. Demo 4 (Avicii's final mix) remains unleaked.

And SeX? Is that the final demo mix before being mixed and mastered? Or is it the mixed and mastered album version?

interesting. although the new LFL demo sounds closer to the final than the December demo.

Autotune Baby is great! Totally different than I thought it would be...Expected a crazy dance song along the lines of BIM, instead we get a mid-tempo guitar song! Really like it.

From people's comments thus far, I predict that this will join LAP,ROL, and COADF to give her a critically acknowledged masterpiece in four consecutive decades!

Not saying that I think those are her best albums, and Music received basically the same acclaim as ROL. However the critical consensus is that she has three unassailable masterpieces, one 80s one 90s and one aughts. Now, she may very well add a fourth.

From people's comments thus far, I predict that this will join LAP,ROL, and COADF to give her a critically acknowledged masterpiece in four consecutive decades!

Not saying that I think those are her best albums, and Music received basically the same acclaim as ROL. However the critical consensus is that she has three unassailable masterpieces, one 80s one 90s and one aughts. Now, she may very well add a fourth.

I hope so too - the thing is that what the general public and critics consider 'great albums' are really only an assessment of the strength of the singles. Not every song has to be amazing (everyone expects some fillers), but the singles must be amazing. And the singles must sell. It will be interesting to see what singles we get from RH. I think WAOM and Messiah could be singles if they get the right mix.

S.E.X. (album version) far less poppy.

The production is too 'Kanye' for my liking and the brilliant bridge is missing.

Thank fuck I have the original demo.

I think she still could have kept the bridge and the stripped back 'sex, what you know about sex' part, but overall the finished product is much much better than the demo

Autotune Baby is great! Totally different than I thought it would be...Expected a crazy dance song along the lines of BIM, instead we get a mid-tempo guitar song! Really like it.

I Love it too, however, i just can't seem to get past the baby crying...If she got rid of that, and renamed the song "Baby" , it would be a hot little song.

So what leaked? Autotune Baby, S.E.X., Hold tight (full?) I just got home and got issues keeping up with all the leaks

S.E.X. (album version) far less poppy.

The production is too 'Kanye' for my liking and the brilliant bridge is missing. :tongue:

Thank fuck I have the original demo.

I like the demo version better as well, it would be really hot slowed down a bit to make it more sultry, and the whatcha know bout sex parts were whispered.

Is it me, or does S.E.X. sounds still a bit demo-ish. What are the songs that just had snippets?

-hold tight

-joan or arc

-trust no bitch (3 snippets?)

-alone with you

-take it back

-la isla bonita dubplate

-queen

Am I forgetting somethingg?

Edited by JoanOfArc