[no leak/demo discussion allowed] The REBEL HEART Album Thread

She might not have that number 1 slot. Grammy gives a great boost to the winners and also rumours of Rihanna dropping her album. Rihanna has streaming on her side, Madonna doesn't.

They should release the album digitally now, not that I really believe that the album will suffer a lot because of the leak.. but with the grammys coming up... it would be good if people can buy the album instead of downloading it illegally...

Its unfathomable for them to leave this leaked online for over a month. That said, releasing it now without hype or promo will be of little interested outside the fan community. I say release it after the grammys - they'd intended for a second release at this point and i dont think it will affect promo badly.

She will follow the grammy's with a second wind of promo from the Brits - these are the only promo that will boost sales outside the fan community anyway. They will have amassed enough pre-orders to gain Number 1's along side new digital sales, and then can enjoy a second sales boost once the physical CD is released as planned in March.

In a way, mdna showed that her simply releasing a record is enough to get 1st week sales. Promo and live performances will guarantee the longevity of the campaign, something MDNA lacked sorely.

She should do a post grammys interview with Ellen or someone, then release it on the following tuesday (for the US). I think it will work out fine. If anything it will just stagger the campaign out over the coming weeks rather than everything in one hit!

Considering that so many demos leaked early, and they were already required to release the first 6 tracks early, do you think they might have prepared a plan B in case the whole album leaked early, like whats happened?

Considering that so many demos leaked early, and they were already required to release the first 6 tracks early, do you think they might have prepared a plan B in case the whole album leaked early, like whats happened?

If they didnt they are bloody idiots. Music leaks. it just does. its the nature of digital music consumption for it to be easily transferrable without purchase. Its happened for every madonna era since Ray of Light. this is just the worst case yet. they need to learn how to contain it or use it to their advantage. maybe they have?

Everyone's listening to it I feel so left out I wanna enjoy it with everybody! ugh what to do? do I give in :(

BEYONCE-Stop-GIF.gif

Didn't "Music" leak at least two weeks before it was due to be released? I remember people discussing every track in detail and sharing files, but I refused to listen to them until the album was officially released. It had to have been at least two weeks.

Back in 1998, a friend in Canada obtained a cassette copy of five tracks from ROL in early February 1998 and posted them to me in Australia ("Frozen", ROL, DW/SFY, TPOG and NRM).

I don't remember COADF leaking at all, but maybe I'm just misremembering. HC leaked about a week before release, though, and we had one-minute snippets of everything from HC around two weeks early (although they were official).

I don't think they'll rush-release anything, to be honest.

According to Casper Bengtson, CEO of Universal Music Denmark, all major labels have a plan B ready in case their most anticipated releases are leaked early:

"Record labels and artists used to be under the illusion that they could deal with leaks by having the individuals links taken down. But we have come to realize that the leaks are spreading so rapidly that we can't contain them. Therefore, most major acts have a plan B in case their music leaks early. This plan B includes releasing the music to all digital outlets as soon as possible after the leak has taken place. [...] But this only works for artists who are so big that mainstream media run stories on the leak. We're talking about superstars such as Madonna and Björk."

Full article (in Danish): Politiken

Goddess I'm with you too! I think someone should create another thread where we can all come together to give each other strength :D

Seriously. Everyone is talking about how much they love all the songs and when we'll finally get the album officially(if she doesn't drop it earlier on itunes), it'll be only like 5 of us being excited discussing it :lmao:

God give me strengh

200_s.gif

I had no idea it had leaked and im part of this forum :lmao: nobody outside of die hards will even know as Mmmm said. I would probably wait til after the Grammys and release the whole thing then.

Seriously. Everyone is talking about how much they love all the songs and when we'll finally get the album officially(if she doesn't drop it earlier on itunes), it'll be only like 5 of us being excited discussing it :lmao:

God give me strengh

200_s.gif

Trust me we'll still be talking about this album in a month. I honestly have a lot of respect for the people not listening to the leak. (Although rumours are that the leak isn't the final product anyway).

She should use the Grammys to announce to the world the whole album will be available on Monday. Shes gonna get asked about it in the press conference or whatever so just use that to promote the whole thing plus it will be mentioned in all the media the morning after.

It's on every music leak blogs, there's no way people won't be aware of it by the end of the day.

You can't stop a leak especially with someone like Madonna, the best selling female artist ever who belongs to general public and not to a fanbase.

Leaks happen to EVERY artist, there are even blogs dedicated to it. Some albums are leaked 5 months in advance.

When Beyonce released her album there was no confirmation she recorded it, she did not say anything about it on social media and in interviews.

There were rumours she had recorded something but they never were confirmed.

Concerning releasing the album early on digital platforms, be aware that this will impact the sales more since retailers will boycott physical releases like they did to Beyonce & Bjork in retaliation.

Some say it's not the final version since it's not mastered. Anyway this looks bad on Guy Oseary and Maverick managemnt which is now a global managing company regrouping the most influential and forward thinking people in the business. It's not good publicity for Maverick Management (like that u2 album was not either). They should have brainstorming sessions to find a new way to release music in the future.

Guest CzarnaWisnia

when we'll finally get the album officially(if she doesn't drop it earlier on itunes), it'll be only like 5 of us being excited discussing it :lmao:

I'll be there, it's not pathetic!! :old:

Guest CzarnaWisnia

Realistically, this needs to go onto iTunes in the next few hours.

Why? How long before official release did MDNA, Hard Candy leak?

I had no idea it had leaked and im part of this forum :lmao: nobody outside of die hards will even know as Mmmm said. I would probably wait til after the Grammys and release the whole thing then.

Your average person wouldn't know about this so M should ignore. She needs General public not those who would get it illegally anyways.

It's on every music leak blogs, there's no way people won't be aware of it by the end of the day.

You can't stop a leak especially with someone like Madonna, the best selling female artist ever who belongs to general public and not to a fanbase.

Leaks happen to EVERY artist, there are even blogs dedicated to it. Some albums are leaked 5 months in advance.

When Beyonce released her album there was no confirmation she recorded it, she did not say anything about it on social media and in interviews.

There were rumours she had recorded something but they never were confirmed.

Concerning releasing the album early on digital platforms, be aware that this will impact the sales more since retailers will boycott physical releases like they did to Beyonce & Bjork in retaliation.

Some say it's not the final version since it's not mastered. Anyway this looks bad on Guy Oseary and Maverick managemnt which is now a global managing company regrouping the most influential and forward thinking people in the business. It's not good publicity for Maverick Management (like that u2 album was not either). They should have brainstorming sessions to find a new way to release music in the future.

Hmm i hadnt thought about that aspect of it. I find it hard to believe they would punish the artists for their albums leaking though. Physical CD sales as a market surely arent as susceptible to leaks as digital sales. most people who purchase physical cds are either casual fans who dont buy lots of digital music, or hardcroe fans who want a physical cd for collectors purposes (which im sure madonna has a lot of). Beyonce released her album as an itunes exclusive thats why she was punished i thought. This would be different, as surely the production lead times will be what dictate how quickly they can get this into stores. the digital release would purely be damage control for the artists.

I can't imagine they would not want to sell MADONNA album. They should know better.

Your average person wouldn't know about this so M should ignore. She needs General public not those who would get it illegally anyways.

Exactly. Everyone i know who gets albums early as leaks, are usually just the people who have already pre-ordered or will buy the physical CD anyways. I really dont think these kind of leaks harm sales. Its more the fact that digital music is so transferrable without purchase that causes record sales to decline. Leaks are only harmful if a record is no good, and i think we can all agree that is definitely not the case with Rebel Heart!

The general public don't know about leaks or how to download them.

The people that are non fans who download the leak were never going to pay for the album anyway.

The fans will buy numerous copies anyway.

I have faith everything will be fine.