[no leak/demo discussion allowed] The REBEL HEART Album Thread

Rebel Heart will be released in three physical versions, plus additional ones tailored for local markets.

The standard edition will carry 14 tracks.

The deluxe edition with 19 songs.

And a super deluxe version with 25 tracks and a packaging that has not been finalized yet.

In France, music retailer FNAC will be an official partner for the album launch and will sell a special edition limited to 15,000 copies. The FNAC edition will be made of the deluxe edition with 19 tracks and a bonus CD with the Thrill Remix and the Offer Nissim Dub Mix of Living For Love. FNAC currently plans to release their special edition on the Belgian market, too.

Plans for a special edition for online streaming service Spotify including one bonus track has yet to be confirmed at the moment.

Rebel Heart will also be released in 24 bits HD format on the Qobuzz platform.

Source: MadonnaTribe

Rebel Heart will be released in three physical versions, plus additional ones tailored for local markets.

The standard edition will carry 14 tracks.

The deluxe edition with 19 songs.

And a super deluxe version with 25 tracks and a packaging that has not been finalized yet.

In France, music retailer FNAC will be an official partner for the album launch and will sell a special edition limited to 15,000 copies. The FNAC edition will be made of the deluxe edition with 19 tracks and a bonus CD with the Thrill Remix and the Offer Nissim Dub Mix of Living For Love. FNAC currently plans to release their special edition on the Belgian market, too.

Plans for a special edition for online streaming service Spotify including one bonus track has yet to be confirmed at the moment.

Rebel Heart will also be released in 24 bits HD format on the Qobuzz platform.

Source: MadonnaTribe

We need a thread dedicated to all the different digital and physical releases. It's literally spread out on 4 different threads.

I agree.I like the song "Rebel Heart" but I don't think it should be a single.There are many more tracks that would make better singles.

To be honest, I never understood why people wanted RH as a single to begin with.

You know whats so negative? People complaining about a fucking track list like its the end of the world! My god the album is two months away!!!

It's so irritating honestly. I give two shits if you've heard the album. I give two shits if you don't think the tracks "flow" The complaining has to stop. Please.

Like what's so bad about it? What do people want?

I have a problem with" you can say whatever you want if your in the clique."How often do people have problems with what other people say but say nothing to them or laugh along with them because of who they are? In 2015 jerks and bullies make the world go round.

What is 24 bits HD format?

24-Bit HD is an uncompressed digital format. The audio quality is better than CD quality (CD albums are usually mastered at 16-bit/44.1kHz).

Who gives a shit whats on the 14 track version. Pretty sure all of us (except the cheap bastards) will be buying the Super Deluxe 25 track edition anyway. And who gives a shit about the order of the songs, when most people make their own tracklists or listen non-sequentially. Calm the fuck down seriously.

Aren't the 25 track versions rumoured to be released two weeks after the others? In which case we'll have to buy the 19 track and then the super duper deluxe later. Well played M and co ;)

Aren't the 25 track versions rumoured to be released two weeks after the others? In which case we'll have to buy the 19 track and then the super duper deluxe later. Well played M and co ;)

:thumbsup:

I will most likely buy only one edition on iTunes and then just end up listening on Spotify instead! Unless the 25 track edition is not on there.

:thumbsup:

I will most likely buy only one edition on iTunes and then just end up listening on Spotify instead! Unless the 25 track edition is not on there.

Most likely, the 6 Super Deluxe bonus tracks will be exclusive to the Super Deluxe Box and won't be legally available in any digital formats.

so this link posted earlier

Exclusive FNAC France Edition [21 tracks]

France – 17,99€ – 10 March 2015

01. Living for Love

02. Devil Pray

is the French only limited edition set, is it?

The Super Deluxe Box will probably also be a limited-edition item. Just how limited it will be is anyone's guess. :)

I have never listened to a Madonna album and worried about the theme, the flow, the cohesiveness, the story telling, the sequencing or whatever. It is the music itself which is important and how you interpret it yourself. Also, how often do others feel like this as well - sometimes you want to listen to a song and other times you don't, all depending on what mood you are in that day. It is so easy, either skip the song you don't feel like hearing or replay ones you want to keep hearing.

I have never listened to a Madonna album and worried about the theme, the flow, the cohesiveness, the story telling, the sequencing or whatever. It is the music itself which is important and how you interpret it yourself. Also, how often do others feel like this as well - sometimes you want to listen to a song and other times you don't, all depending on what mood you are in that day. It is so easy, either skip the song you don't feel like hearing or replay ones you want to keep hearing.

This. I never really cared about "the flow". What the fuck does that even mean? Is it a term coined by the "Confessioners" where you certainly had a connection between one song and the next one? :lol:

I agree with Jazzy here, I'm just happy we are getting tons of new tracks. But I believe what worries some fans is that the possible lack of cohesiveness/flow/whatever might have a negative impact when it comes to reviews.

I cannot comment on that yet because we haven't heard the album obviously but I wouldn't mind another Metacritic score of about 80 (like Music or COADF) because this album deserves it (from what I've heard). I remember I was pissed that some sites reviewed the 12-track edition of MDNA while others reviewed the deluxe album. I hope it doesn't happen this time again.

This. I rarely listen an album from start to finish. I can listen the same song 5-6 times in a row, then skip the next one...

This. I never really cared about "the flow". What the fuck does that even mean? Is it a term coined by the "Confessioners" where you certainly had a connection between one song and the next one? :lol:

It's much more than that. The reason Madonna went from being a "singles" artist (where her albums were largely just a collection of hit singles padded with a few album fillers) to what many considered an "album artist" is that each album has a unique, consistent identity. Part of that identity comes from a through line, a narrative or a sonic thread that connects them all. LAP had it, Erotica had it, ROL obviously had it, Confessions had it, even Bedtime Stories had it thanks to the hard work she put in connecting everything. I think this album will be similar to that one for the same reason. Madonna has set a very high bar, so of course fans are going to "complain" about little things. That's what comes with being the biggest female pop artist of all time.

Maybe you've never worried about it because Madonna has always made it look so damn easy. These younger pop singers today just slap a bunch of songs together produced by 80 different people and call it album. Madonna is an artist.

It's much more than that. The reason Madonna went from being a "singles" artist (where her albums were largely just a collection of hit singles padded with a few album fillers) to what many considered an "album artist" is that each album has a unique, consistent identity. Part of that identity comes from a through line, a narrative or a sonic thread that connects them all. LAP had it, Erotica had it, ROL obviously had it, Confessions had it, even Bedtime Stories had it thanks to the hard work she put in connecting everything. I think this album will be similar to that one for the same reason. Madonna has set a very high bar, so of course fans are going to "complain" about little things. That's what comes with being the biggest female pop artist of all time.

This. To me, and a lot of listeners, the flow and identity of an album is as important as the quality of individual songs. I mean, isn't that the point of releasing an album? Why get so defensive when some express their concern for the execution of the project? No one is bashing the album and we all agree that the tracks we got this time are brilliant. People ARE going to complain and whine and cry on a DISCUSSION board.

Yes I know I need to shut the fuck up and choke on some dicks.

I understand that is how you feel, but I have never looked for themes on albums. Even on past albums, I did not worry about themes and flow. Like a Prayer was a deeply personal album but the songs were all unique and had different messages. Express Yourself was like a feminist song but for everyone, Cherish was a romantic love song, Till death do us part was a song about domestic abuse. Re Erotica - Fever, Rain, Deeper and Deeper were all totally different to me from Erotica and Bad Girl. Personally, I just don't worry about connecting themes as don't really look for them. I just enjoy the songs and go with my own reaction to each one. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

This. To me, and a lot of listeners, the flow and identity of an album is as important as the quality of individual songs. I mean, isn't that the point of releasing an album? Why get so defensive when some express their concern for the execution of the project? No one is bashing the album and we all agree that the tracks we got this time are brilliant. People ARE going to complain and whine and cry on a DISCUSSION board.

Yes I know I need to shut the fuck up and choke on some dicks.

:queenbitch::clap:

I listen to her albums from start to finish often.

There's definite value in the way the tracks flow. Just look at the sequencing for Ray Of Light:

Frozen - The Power of Good-bye - To Have And Not To Hold

Madonna intended for those tracks to flow into each other. It's a journey. There's nothing wrong with fans caring about the sequencing because Madonna does too.

My issue is finding issues with the RH sequencing knowing full well it was supposed to be a double album and we don't have the finished tracks yet.

Wow, ya'll need to tale a chill pill.....we should be lucky she is releasing that many songs; in what format, who cares...back in the day extra songs were released as B-sides or additional songs on individual single EP releases....she is going to release them all through some format which is great for us!

Bring on the Super Duper Coffer Extra Large Double Foam Box Set!

Maybe you've never worried about it because Madonna has always made it look so damn easy. These younger pop singers today just slap a bunch of songs together produced by 80 different people and call it album. Madonna is an artist.

Very well stated! Although I am similar to Jan in that I don't need cohesiveness or a theme to enjoy a Madonna album as a whole piece of work, you really make a good case for her transition from singles artist to album artist, a transition that she certainly DID make. I'd also argue that Music has a theme which is that of a mix tape, various styles under that large umbrella term of "music."