[no leak/demo discussion allowed] The REBEL HEART Album Thread

It really isn't. I think people hyped the song so much because it was the first song that leaked. It has been moved to the end becuase it sums up the theme of the album perfectly, but doesn't necessarily flow with the rest of the album. Most of the songs have received a major rework, not lyrically (for most part) but the instrumentals and mixes are really different now and I believe they have changed for the better, especially one song that has been torn apart by fans when the demo leaked. ;)

Well...I don't think it was ever meant to be a two disc album. The 19 tracks clearly fit on one CD and she could have just sperated all the REBEL and all the HEART songs from each other to create a better flow. Looking at it now, I think Veni Vidi Vici -> Living for Love is the perfect transition from Rebel to Heart, lyrically as well as sonically.

Well, she did say she planned a double album until the leaked happened. Those are her words, regardless of how bizarre the logic was. If she's releasing 25-26 songs in total, those could very well have been the songs she originally planned on releasing on two discs. In the end, we're getting all of the songs and we live in an age where people make their own playlists, etc., so it's not a big deal.

Well, she did say she planned a double album until the leaked happened. Those are her words, regardless of how bizarre the logic was. If she's releasing 25-26 songs in total, those could very well have been the songs she originally planned on releasing on two discs. In the end, we're getting all of the songs and we live in an age where people make their own playlists, etc., so it's not a big deal.

"Originally I wanted to put everything out together. I have an overabundance of songs, and actually, the reason I wanted to call the record Rebel Heart was because I felt like it explored two very distinct sides of my personality. The rebellious, renegade side of me, and the romantic side of me. In my mind, it was almost like I wanted to do a two-record set. So you get this chunk of songs, and that chunk of songs. That was my original goal. But then all the demos leaked and I can't really go down that road anymore, so I put out (the six songs) first and then, I think a few more songs are going to come out during the time of the Grammys. Then the rest of the album will just come out together (in March), and they'll just get my rebellious and romantic side all mixed in together."

She said that the album was supposed to feel like a two-record set. Note that she uses the terms "in mind" and "almost wanted", which implies that it was not going to happen but rather a mindset that she was in while recording the album. Then she goes on saying that due to the leak she had to release something so she picked out 6 songs that leaked with the first batch not paying attention to how they were supposed to be sequenced and just put them out. The rest of the songs won't be in the correct order (seperated into two halves) either so it's all just going to be a mixed up mess.

UNLESS they decide to change the tracklist AFTERWARDS...as iTunes has implied they will. She was NOT going to make a 25 track double-album but the album was conceived with the two-record concept in mind.

The sequencing should be this:

1. Illuminati
  2. Bitch, I'm Madonna
  3. Best Night
  4. Body Shop
  5. S.E.X.
  6. Holy Water
  7. Unapologetic Bitch
  8. Iconic
  9. Veni Vidi Vici
  10. Living for Love
  11. Joan of Arc
  12. Devil Pray
  13. Hold Tight
  14. Ghosttown
  15. Inside Out
  16. Messiah
  17. HeartBreakCity
  18. Wash All Over Me
  19. Rebel Heart

Here's the thing with MDNA: The 5 bonus tracks were not essential to the album's flow or did not really contribute to the storyline/theme that was supposed to be told/shown in MDNA because let's be real...it barely had a stroyline or theme.

Madonna herself said that Rebel Heart was ALWAYS meant to be a 19-track album showcasing the two sides of her persona. This theme is supposed to be carried and emphasized by the sequencing. However, the way it is right it does not seem to showcase anything except for being majorly affected by the demo leak and the rush-relaese of a selection of 6 tracks, which I'm sure were originally supposed to be on different spots.

Rebel Heart is a masterpiece that has not a single bad song or filler on it being a 19-track album. That is something barely any artist nowadays is capable of doing. It would be a true travesty it it gets ruined by M's messy management that can't even keep the finished album from leaking.

Shut the FUCK UP with your whining, and stop complaining about something you HAVEN'T EVEN HEARD.

"Originally I wanted to put everything out together. I have an overabundance of songs, and actually, the reason I wanted to call the record Rebel Heart was because I felt like it explored two very distinct sides of my personality. The rebellious, renegade side of me, and the romantic side of me. In my mind, it was almost like I wanted to do a two-record set. So you get this chunk of songs, and that chunk of songs. That was my original goal. But then all the demos leaked and I can't really go down that road anymore, so I put out (the six songs) first and then, I think a few more songs are going to come out during the time of the Grammys. Then the rest of the album will just come out together (in March), and they'll just get my rebellious and romantic side all mixed in together."

I said SHUT THE FUCK UP....

Madonna's giving us one of her best albums in her whole career. The music is beyond amazing and all you people are doing is moan about promo, track list, chart positions, etc.... Just relax and enjoy the ride! The music is good so that's what matters.

Shut the FUCK UP with your whining, and stop complaining about something you HAVEN'T EVEN HEARD.

Unlike you I HAVE heard a great chunk of the finished album. Now stop being so fucking rude to me, or else I will report you.

:laugh:

Must we trust the taste of somebody who chose Jimmy, Jimmy as his favourite song of all Madona songs to use as a nickname ?

Jimmy Jimmy is not my favourite off of True Blue, in fact I don't give a shit about the song. I like it as a nickname and I love Jimmy Dean.

JimmyJimmy, for the record, I've read your posts, and I'm scratching my head as to what's so 'combative' or 'negative' about them.

You know whats so negative? People complaining about a fucking track list like its the end of the world! My god the album is two months away!!!

It's so irritating honestly. I give two shits if you've heard the album. I give two shits if you don't think the tracks "flow" The complaining has to stop. Please.

Like what's so bad about it? What do people want?

Guest Rachelle of London

This is why people shouldn't listen to demos. They start to think they know more about the music than Madonna.

What the hell are you guys talking about? I keep saying how much I love the songs and how excited I am. I am only complaining that there are a dozen versions of the album that are all differently labled and that have tracklists that don't seem to make any sense.

From MadonnaRama

Standard Version [14 tracks]
France – €16,49 – 9 March 2015

01. Living for love

02. Devil pray

03. Ghosttown

04. Unapologetic bitch

05. Illuminati

06. Bitch I’m madonna

07. Hold tight

08. Joan of arc

09. Iconic

10. Heartbreakcity

11. Body shop

12. Holy water

13. Inside out

14. Wash all over me

Deluxe Version [19 tracks]
France – 15.99€ – 9 March 2015

Germany – €20.97 – 10 March 2015
Germany (clean) – €28.15 – 10 March 2015 (import)

UK – £14.99 – 9 March 2015
UK (clean) – £19.99 – 10 March 2015 (import)

USA – $15.99 – 10 March 2015
USA (clean) – $11.88 – 10 March 2015

Australia version with bonus postcards HERE (only while stock lasts)

20150127-news-madonna-rebel-heart-preord

01. Living For Love

02. Devil Pray

03. Ghosttown

04. Unapologetic Bitch

05. Illuminati

06. Bitch I’m Madonna (feat. Nicki Minaj)

07. Hold Tight

08. Joan Of Arc

09. Iconic (feat. Chance The Rapper & Mike Tyson)

10. HeartBreakCity

11. Body Shop

12. Holy Water

13. Inside Out

14. Wash All Over Me

15. Best Night

16. Veni Vedi Vici (feat. Nas)

17. S.E.X.

18. Messiah

19. Rebel Heart

Exclusive FNAC France Edition [21 tracks]
France – 17,99€ – 10 March 2015

01. Living for Love

02. Devil Pray

03. Ghosttown

04. Unapologetic Bitch

05. Illuminati

06. Bitch I’m Madonna

07. Hold Tight

08. Joan of Arc

09. Iconic

10. HeartBreakCity

11. Body Shop

12. Holy Water

13. Inside Out

14. Wash All Over Me

15. Best Night

16. Veni Vidi Vici

17. S.E.X.

18. Messiah

19. Rebel Heart

20. Bonus Remix 01

21. Bonus Remix 02

Japanese Version [20 tracks]

01. Living for Love

02. Devil Pray

03. Ghosttown

04. Unapologetic Bitch

05. Illuminati

06. Bitch I’m Madonna

07. Hold Tight

08. Joan of Arc

09. Iconic

10. HeartBreakCity

11. Body Shop

12. Holy Water

13. Inside Out

14. Wash All Over Me

15. Best Night

16. Veni Vidi Vici

17. S.E.X.

18. Messiah

19. Rebel Heart

20. Bonus Track

Vinyl LP [19 tracks]
France – €26.73 – 9 March 2015
Germany – €34,99 – 10 March 2015
UK – £45.99 – 10 March 2015 (import)
USA – $32.99 – 10 March 2015

01. Living For Love

02. Devil Pray

03. Ghosttown

04. Unapologetic Bitch

05. Illuminati

06. Bitch I’m Madonna (feat. Nicki Minaj)

07. Hold Tight

08. Joan Of Arc

09. Iconic (feat. Chance The Rapper & Mike Tyson)

10. HeartBreakCity

11. Body Shop

12. Holy Water

13. Inside Out

14. Wash All Over Me

15. Best Night

16. Veni Vedi Vici (feat. Nas)

17. S.E.X.

18. Messiah

19. Rebel Heart

Super Deluxe Box [25 tracks]
To be confirmed…

This is why people shouldn't listen to demos. They start to think they know more about the music than Madonna.

And they act like we all wanted to listen to this songs before the time. Bitch, fuck off. You can shove these final tracks on my face and I won't listen until March, 10th.

And they act like we all wanted to listen to this songs before the time. Bitch, fuck off. You can shove these final tracks on my face and I won't listen until March, 10th.

Exactly! It's like edging. I cannot wait for the overwhelming sensations of March 10.

Why are demos being talked about in here? Why are people bragging about having heard the final album? We don't need this attitude here. People are getting irritated because we have already moved on from this issue a month ago, and now we're back tracking?

tumblr_m31v5pXFmM1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

Can't believe I am agreeing with Kim but yes please shut the fuck up and stop complaining about the sequencing.

You know full well why the songs aren't sequenced in terms of themes because of the fact that we are getting a double album as one, with the various themes mixed together.

Complaining none stop just makes you seem obtuse.

How do those track lists not make sense?

The standard edition's one really doesn't, I mean it just cuts the last 5 songs from the deluxe edition, including the theme song Rebel Heart. That IS confusing.

I do think though these are not final tracklists and we'll probably see some changes...In any case, we'll find out in March anyway so I don't think this is really worth discussing.